Is the thimbleberry (Rubus parviflorus) the most patrician berry/pseudo-berry/etc.?

Is the thimbleberry (Rubus parviflorus) the most patrician berry/pseudo-berry/etc.?

>Soft and highly-perishable, therefore rarely sold fresh
>Smaller and therefore more concentrated and intense flavors than raspberries or similar berries
>A rich unique taste that complements the soft texture

These things grow wild in my yard - and I eat them all, because they are delicious - but if I were inclined to do so, I could carefully pluck them and resell them for 10-15X the price of commercial raspberries to local cooks.

Do you get enough to make jam with them? You could probably do well making and selling jam at the farmers market or something also.

I could make a certain amount, but people in some regions (the Upper Midwestern US) already do that, and it's actually a big price reduction from being bale to convey them fresh.

They start dehydrating and losing their texture within a couple days, so unless you can sell them fresh within hours, they lose value.

Ah okay. Makes sense I suppose. You could try reaching out to chefs at places near you and see if they are interested. Maybe let them try some for free and see what they decide. Otherwise I would just stick to eating them all yourself and enjoy the fact that you are lucky enough to have them.

Oh, they are already interested. I have spoken to them directly. Apparently these berries have become part of the "haute cuisine" BECAUSE of their short lifespan and seasonal nature.

I may, however, try to cultivate the plants themselves, pot/sell some of them.

If I am hard-up for money, I would consider it, but they taste quite good, so for the time being I enjoy them with friends/family only.

How are these not raspberries

If you were to google them you would have an answer. They grow naturally ONLY on the west coast from southern Alaska to California basically and they have a very short time span to gather and eat them and they do not keep well in any way. Very unlike most wild or grown berries which you can keep cool and stay fresh and good for a week or more at a time in the fridge or whatever else.

Superior berry passing by.

>strawberry slut

That wasn't the question though
I remember eating these as a kid and calling them raspberries until my out of state aunt corrected me
They're very similar

you might have an intolerance to eggs

that's kind of how it starts

try not eating eggs for a few days and see if it clears up

Sorry, I may have misunderstood the question though. They are similar but only in very few places in the US do they grow. That's the whole reason they are special. A chefs menu including them in desserts or whatever instead of saying raspberry can make more money due to how they don't keep well at all and fresh is best within a short time span. You could have a controlled environment and grow superior ones though and make a killing if you wanted and had a known buyers market for them.

Would you kindly stop with this BS you keep posting, please? It contributes nothing and you are nothing but a troll and have no life if you have time to just post this on every thread nonstop. I find it hard to believe it's more than one person.

Oh piss off mate

Please tell me how egg allergies have anything to do with raspberries and the like?

well you might have an intolerance to eggs and yolo

Oh piss off mate

you might have an intolerance to people

that's kind of how it starts

try not being a faggot for a few days and see if it clears up

What is sad is this is how you spend your life. Posting this shit nonstop on Veeky Forums. Very sad way to spend your life.

WRONG

explain please.

You need to learn more about the eggs issue before you'll ever understand

this is the true poor man's raspberry

I'm fucking laughing so much rn, thanks anons...

blackcaps