/smg/ - Stock Market General

Suspense edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

buy stocks with bitcoin
1broker.com/?c=en/home

Attached: 1519508270836.gif (500x378, 974K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bogleheads.org/wiki/Three-fund_portfolio
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

+4% Tencent

QQQ just reached 162 question is will it be able to hold?

So basically start selling shit off at power hour?

Attached: BOGGED.webm (900x506, 2.77M)

user who made 100 bucks off 22 FB shares today.

Anyone think it's gonna crash hard closer to 4, then have a bull run for a week?

IT'S GOING TO GO SUB 4K TODAY. I CAN JUST FEEL THE TINGLES OF IT.

Attached: 1521312494730.jpg (938x850, 148K)

You pokeman fags have your own boards to fag up

yeah this is the breaking point. kinda just meandering around since it got there

Fuck man I can't decide if I should buy some X and AKS now or wait to see if the tarriff fears will drive them down more

>/smg/ fell for the bull trap

Attached: l04he.jpg (399x385, 27K)

ECC pays monthly and CBA pays quarterly, their percentage returns are almost the same. Cept I got a special divvy from ECC last yr for $0.45 a share, did CBA do the same?

I know
I know Ive let you down
Ive been a fool to myself

Attached: tfwKO.jpg (1440x1080, 815K)

Does anyone know how much time I have on a Robinhood margin call?

>/smg/ fell for the bear trap

Attached: 1495573545021.png (600x580, 577K)

Its going back to 170

It's going to 180, the question is are we going to 145-150 first?

Are the bogs going to dump on us today?

I'm a little tiny bit confused. If the VIX dropped 9% why is SVXY only up 2%?

I don’t know shit about options. Is this a safe bet? What happens to me if it doesn’t go through? What happens if it does hit the strike price?

Attached: F49D6652-0565-4CB1-B292-41A0E687EECB.png (750x1334, 171K)

Correct.

Today was a bull trap, tomorrow is the crash.

>this is the only /smg/ thread today and less than 20 posts

what the hell happened?

also are we /deadcatbounce/ today or are we back in business?

well you need to make 800 cents off 100 shares to break even

so 8 cents per share

so you want price to be 4.42 to breakeven

4.40 would profit

Why do you say this? And will memes also crash? Memes often act independently of overall trends.

The other one hit the bump limit. This is freshly baked.

shut the fuck up

First thread filled already slowpoke

SVXY got neutered from 1x inverse to 0.5x

I don't think it's a bad assumption, I would short fitbit as well, they are both shit companies.

What’s the best course of action for me to take if I think GPRO’s a shitty stock and literally only goes down?

deleveraged. fuckin shitty

there's no /smg/ threads from today in the archive though

Depends how much risk you are willing to take. How confident are you that this stock is going to fall?

Because it 404d

check your memes beta levels. if it has high beta then you should start thinking about taking it off the table. remember, thou shalt not hold beta memes

short as you are on Robinhood unless you have $10k for an account on interactivebrokers

then you dont touch it obviously

Sell your bags and take a short position.

Brainlet here. What is a beta level?

Gotcha, ECC is the better choice. What's the catch, though? Are all the high div payout companies fly-by-night? I feel like holding more than 100 shares of anything like ORC or CRF or OXLC is asking to get JUST'ed.

Attached: 1521552793123.jpg (1200x720, 160K)

Where does Bloomberg get all these women that get on air? Model agencies?

I swear they are all hot AF.

1 beta is the same volatility as the market as a whole
1.1+ is more variance
under 1 is less variance

Also I have AMRS and VTGN

its how much that stock correlates to movements, negative and positive, in the overall market. high beta means it moves with the market in an exaggerated way. low beta means it doesnt correlate with it very much. negative beta means that it moves counter to the overall markets

rich women are hot. poor women are ugly. circle of life

Ah that makes great sense. Where do I see this shit? All I have is Robinhood.

>Today was a bull trap, tomorrow is the crash.
Tomorrow green as fuck confirmed

thanks user

You have to realize your gains are coming from your divvies and not SP. Seeing some gradual decline of value is ok as long as your divvies keep you positive. Accumulate on dips when these bad boys are undervalued and you will do well. Oh and reinvest obviously, compounding gains is the shit.

AMRS has beta of 0.38 and VTGN has a beta of -.69, so youre all good
dunno if you can on robinhood. check finviz. think they show it

>tomorrow is green as fuck confirmed
tomorrow is the crash confirmed

Attached: ic-5035.png (1326x1251, 410K)

Surely somebody knows the answer to this. Are you guys just embarrassed to admit you've been margin called before? It's okay.

nah we new paradigm now

Attached: chad2.jpg (1027x324, 77K)

What broker do you use?

schwab, but its not the greatest honestly. it looks like the TDameritrade tools are way better, but it works fine for what i do.

How diversified are you? I have 5 monthly payers I'm accumulating, and throw a little bit at 3 or 4 cheap quarterly payers like CBA with the scraps of the $100 I throw in on payday.

Kek

you guys are confusing beta, covariance and correlation.

if market moves 1% then a stock with a beta of 2, will on average move 2%. but there's a lot of caveats to that.

beta = covar(i,m)/var(m) or (corr(i,m)*sd(i)*sd(m))/var(m) where m is market and i is stock.

a stock that is very volatile(i.e. high variance) but has very low correlation with the market can have low beta. a stock thats not very volatile but has a correlation close to 1 can have a relatively high beta. You should always look for the actual correlation coefficient as well as that will give a better insight. because beta itself is just a comparison of how the variance of the market explains the variance of the stock. Low explanatory power means low beta but not low variance. therefore correlation is also really important.

only looking at betas only applies in a perfect CAPM world, which we do not live in. especially for small caps you should be wary

t. fund manager

i was trying to give him the "for dummies" understanding. but you are absolutely correct. good to see we got some actual professionals lurking though, so you can set us straight when we start talking bullshit.

>t. fund manager

Attached: z2CvR6.gif (320x240, 1.85M)

kek he seems to know his shit. arrogance doesnt pay in this game. look at ackman

ifyour so smart bucko why doesnt tradingview have correlation coefficient

MSFT - beta 1.0930 for the last year, no correlation shown

Whoever told me to buy SVXY calls, I deeply resent. I can't even panic sell because no one will buy them >:(

Nice to meet you dividend faggot. I'm dividend broski. Glad to see someone else here playing long term finally.

What kinda portfolio you working with?

Attached: frens.png (790x837, 185K)

vol will go down at some point. how much time you got left?

because beta is useful as a predictor but not as a measure of variance, which is what i was getting at

>being arrogant on a cambodian flyfishing board

im not some hedge fund asshole im just a dude looking at spreadsheets

I'm in AMD for the swing.

Exp. Is 4/6,

i also manage my funds
t. Fund manager

i understand what your saying but im just asking why doesnt tradingview then have correlation coefficient? i looked around couldnt even seem to find it, seems odd

>im not some hedge fund asshole im just a dude looking at spreadsheets
kek
us too. its just good to see more and more posters here daily that know their shit.

dude youre fine. all you need is one good rally before april 6th. its a good thing you cant panic sell now, it would be a waste

I have 600k I want to put in S&P 500 ETF but its my retirement monies, I'm young, and plan to kms before finding a job. I sat on my hands for a while and now we arrived at today's prices. They're not terrible to go all in on, but we could easily tumble 15% purely on trade war news...

What do?

>catching the falling knife

Attached: 1479855489743.gif (414x382, 3.07M)

POST YOUR GE HODL FACE

Attached: 1444742907819.jpg (180x267, 6K)

>600k
>young
>plan on kms
you bastard. write me in your will and I'll give you advice.

SPY reversal confirmed. We bull market again.

I meant I'd rather dissapear than have to work again, not that I plan to kms either way

Speak for yourself, midteens-man.

Attached: 1522035753071.jpg (500x574, 102K)

you need more than $600k to never need to work again.

Hello. I'm a 19 year old college student and a newb who finally started investing after looking at it from the sidelines.

Just signed up for Robinhood and Acorns after doing some research. Who or what should I invest in first? I have $740 but trying not to throw in all at once.

Attached: 3744858294.jpg (648x648, 48K)

false

why are you investing, what are you goals, what is your time horizon etc ...

an ETF on Robinhood and forget about it for years

Nothing. You still need to lurk more.

Vanguard retirement ETF for your planned retirement year. Set it, forget it, profit.

>market crashes
>poorfag user turns $740 into $140

go manage your funds :D im sure they are doing well

Attached: 1518114751562.jpg (1280x720, 48K)

DRYS

do you only have reaction images from that video?

the abbv dip is paying off.

Ya, think of all those poor people who bought the S&P at 1400 in 2007.....

ok. first off. Fuck acorns.

secondly, max your shit out on BGFV stock like now and put your sell limit at $15. hold strong, don't sell and kys on the dips

Only have about 3 grand in right now. Currently I'm in ORC, OXLC, CRF, GNL, and MORL for monthly payouts. Quarterly is SNR, CBL, UNIT, CNXM, GEL. I'll dollar average one stock up to 100 shares, move on to the next, lather, rinse, repeat. Of course, if I see a good dip, I try to take advantage of it.

How can we get one of those charts on SPY where the candles are green and the candles get longer each progressive candle??

I'm investing for the long term cause I don't know what I'm going to do in 5 years and didn't have a backup-plan so now I'm almost broke and have a degree I regret going to college for (graphic design).

Trying to look for a job now.

Epic meme.

I hope you contributed to GDP.

I hope you ALL contributed to US GDP.

>fund manager

Are you bill ackman

bogleheads.org/wiki/Three-fund_portfolio

It would have saved you back in Feb if you were into inverse vol and listened to their decision. Waiting to buy back in/buy calls/Puts on VXX. Calls on VXX could work right now.
xivinvestment(dot)com

No, I'm fucking serious, kid. Messing with this general without knowing what you're doing will have you broke in a month. You need to go and actually learn about investing, but pain is the best teacher.

What are you yielding overall? I mean, 3K isn't really much to dividend invest with. Also, I'd suggest taking a look at payout ratios on some of your stocks there.

I hold MORL, UNIT, and CNXM that you listed. And also CLM, which is CRF's brother basically.