So, I've never had this, is it truly great or is it a meme for real?

So, I've never had this, is it truly great or is it a meme for real?

I had one while I was on vacation in San Francisco. I didn't really know how to eat it, so I don't think I got as much meat out of it as I probably should have, but it tasted similar to crab except not as sweet and a bit tougher. I wouldn't get it again if crab is on the menu. The clam chowder was good though!

pretty good. i like the steak and lobster meme though, lobster by itself just isnt as good as with a nice steak.

I sneaked one into the Cinéma on Friday night for a change, I have to admit I felt superior to the plebeians there with their crab legs.

Yes. I prefer it boiled.

Some butter and lemon.

It's really fucking great. Lobster bisque is also the shit.

When you have it whole in the shell it's a meme, but mixed to make other foods like bisque or thermidor it's fantastic

what kind of lobster tastes anything like crab?

Overpriced as hell. Lobsters isn't exactly rare, it's common as hell and in great abundance.

Tastes good, but not worth the price tag.

its got to be super fresh, otherwise dont bother

king crab is actually harder to get

It used to be peasant food for good reason. Now it's just a way for fat shits to shovel butter without feeling like fat shits.

Yeah lemons are good. But there's sea bugs next to them. You might not want to chance it.

t. pilgrim

The two important things to remember about lobster are:

>They are closer to cockroaches than to crabs
>they used to be so abundant on New England beaches they were used to feed indentured servants and household help.

Very low rent food, sold to the gullible for ridiculous prices.

Lobster is great, lobster mac and cheese is a shitty meme tho

>they were used to feed indentured servants and household help.
damn they ate good then
lobster is delicious even if it is overpriced like hell

>Eating water roaches

Lobster wasn't served fresh back then.
They canned it like tuna, and apparently the resulting product was so vile that prison inmates considered lobster dinner to be cruel and unusual punishment.

My own grandfather had access to plenty of fresh lobster and wouldn't even fertilize his garden with it, lobsters were nothing more than filthy bottom feeders unfit for human consumption to him.

Wasn't the standard serving ground up , pressed into cubes then heavily salted and canned in a brine?

Its good, but it needs to be fresh and prepared well.

it's a better-tasting shrimp

and i love shrimp

The kind eaten by a tard apparently.

roaches are blattodea

lobsters are water pill bugs

>grandfather wouldn't even fertilize his garden with it

Early onset alzheimers, huh?

Cancer got him long before that.

>They canned it like tuna
yeah canned lobster is actually pretty awful