Does anyone on Veeky Forums cook with exotic meats?

Does anyone on Veeky Forums cook with exotic meats?
I've been considering branching out and trying shit other than chicken and beef.
Kinda want to try Guinea pig or Peacock.

A few I have had sucess with
Ostrich is lean as fuck, tasty sous vide then finished in pan, or curried
Goat is fairly common in Jamaica and parts of Italy, where they make curried goat, and grilled goat chops, respectively. Possibly my favourite red meat.
Monkey was pretty disgusting, any interesting flavour was destroyed by the awful stringy texture and almost sour taste. Tried everything from deep fry to sous vide to stew, all vile.
Crocodile is meh, apart from the jerky which is godly
Again quite common, but pheasant is delicious, cheap, and ought to be used more often. Good terayaki or in curry.
If seafood is included, smoked eel is one of the tastiest morsels god hath granted us. Serve with horseradish and zubrowka.

I've had lamb, cornish game hen, turkey, rabbit, and even duck once. Pretty underwhelming .t-b,h

They are overrated meme foods, the only people who pretend to like them are feminists who blow a ton of money on them in order to receive praise on instagram.

Depends how exotic. My grandfather is a hunter so I eat sometimes goat, boar, deer, pheasant etc. Delicious.

>Goat
>eel

>lamb
>turkey
>rabbit
>duck

Just where exactly are you from to consider those 'exotic' meats?

OBSESSED
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

There are, on average about 10k goats killed a year for meat in the UK. When you consider the vast majority of that is going to jamacians, that's pretty rare.
As for eel, the amount fished in 2010 across europe is about 5ktons, negligable relative to our kitchen staples.
They may not be unicorn, but I promise that they are rather uncommon outside of a few areas

>that american inferiority complex at it again

Uncommon doesn't mean exotic you fucking idiot.

I've eaten horse, kangaroo and reindeer if those count. Both were kinda like beef. Reindeer was amazing, roo good, horse ok.

Horse isn't exotic. They are all over the place. Kangaroo is exotic outside Australia, and reindeer is exotic unless you're Canadian.

>eel with żubrówka and horseradish
Kurwa what m8

>Horse isn't exotic. They are all over the place
Sure but for most people eating one is

>Kangaroo is exotic outside Australia
I live in northern europe

>reindeer is exotic unless you're Canadian
Most people think they are cute santa claus animals

>wat is finland

Well for most of us it isn't usual diet as it is fucking expensive outside Lapland.

We call them caribou up here.

>Goat is fairly common
if by "fairly common" you mean the fact that it is literally the most consumed animal protein on earth, than yes, you are correct.

The irony, of course, is that by definition, chickens and beef are "exotic." we created those animals by breeding and husbandry. There are no wild chickens or wild cows. All the so-called exotic things like duck and deer and pheasant and all the other tasty little ungulates that roam the earth are what humans ate before husbandry created steer and chickens.

Obviously this is coming from a perspective outside of the third world, otherwise we wouldnbe posting about that one time Sanjay gave us some beef.

sanjay wouldn't be eating beef would he?

O B S E S S E D

Why not?

That's my goddamn fucking point. We don't find beef strange because of our western bias, but I doubt most anons here have eaten goat.

>Guinea pig
it's alright but a pain in the ass to eat

O B E S E D
B
E
S H A R T
E
D I A B E T I C

His comment is more in line with the thread than any of yours are dipshit.

By the way, exotic means foreign; or from another land, so technically he very well may be more right than you are with your false made up definition. It doesn't necessarily mean rare. Fucking inbread autists I swear...

How did you prepare it?