Ever have a pinwheel?

Ever have a pinwheel?

These are prosciutto and mozzarella, fresh from a local deli.

Why would I ever make something like that for myself? Wouldn't this be more appropriate at a social event?

Lmfao you friendless NEET

Ahhhhhh yes. Prot-chewt-uh and moots-uh-rayl-ahhh are my favorites.

Yes but as a sandwich

how do you make long mozzarella??

cute serving idea, would be nice to bring on a picnic or something

>Why would I ever make something like that for myself?

Because it's easy to make and it's tasty.

But why not just eat the ingredients as they are? Why not just bite off some ham, bite off some cheese, and swallow, rather than spending all that time arranging them artistically, if it's just you seeing it?

not him but some people like cooking for ourselves and doing nice presentation

Portability? Fun? Good practice so you don't fuck them up if you're making them for others? You're on Veeky Forums. If you think it's the same thing to bite off chunks of ham and cheese as it is to eat a well-made pinwheel, you might be on the wrong board.

Food tastes better when it looks good

nigga that shit is from harris teeter don't fucking lie

mental deficienct

I've never seen this presentation before, but I have to say that I don't like moist prosciutto, as it gets kind of floppy and hard to cut or chew, whether on melon or some other idea, I feel they should be only be combined just before serving.

Flavors look awesome for tucking into a sandwich by the way. I might tuck a couple pinwheels into a baguette if I shopped at your deli. A good drizzle of balsamic and olive oil would finish it off.

no it's a true psychological thing
better presentation tricks the brain into thinking it'll taste good

I'm sorry if I was rude, user. I didn't know I was dealing with one.

I lol'd imagining some guy standing in his kitchen taking alternate bites of ham and cheese from big blocks. I wonder if there are people who actually do this

its true... on a subconscious level people prefer the taste of food that looks better.

you need a dried one, like the kind they put on pizza

>bite off some ham, bite off some cheese, and swallow

The point is to take them both in one bite

Sure - if your mouth is large enough.

Mouth size is irrelevant since you can scale the size of each bite.

there are

I'll occasionally take a hunk of ham and a brick of cheese and shave off thin slices to eat.

Slicing them thin does something and changes the way they taste, I swear.

Not until I moved from the Midwest to New England did I see deli workers hold up slices of meat to customers and ask whether they liked it as-is, or wanted it thinner. I was puzzled. What did it matter? Wasn't it still the same meat?

Then I delved into the sandwich scene here (holy shit) and learned that the thickness of slices really did make a difference. I guess they didn't care about it in Kansas City.

you'd just leave it whole as a wrap instead of slicing it into pinwheels if it just for you

if you're doing it that way, just add an apple of choice, some good crusty bread and a decent wine, for a plowmans lunch

Where were you shopping in Kansas city? KC fag here, and I get asked this all the time.

Just Hy-Vee and Price Chopper really. They're what was closest to me.

as someone who once worked at a deli, these are just a way to sell cheap low quality moz as something pricey

I can attest to that, if your mozzarella doesn't come packed in water then you don't know just how good mozzarella can be

The DOGshit in OP's pic is NOT a pinwheel. Pinwheels are made with tortillas, cream cheese, shredded cheese, olives, and rotel tomatoes.
Stuffing mozzarella with tomatoes and basil is low effort. Not how you become wifey material. Very sad!

Did you really have to reply to every single post in the thread?

I needed to get my point across. What are you gonna do, ban me?

I'm going to fuck you in the ass.

Sounds like you worked at a shit deli.

Actually, a pinwheel is a little debbie snack food

>deli
na, its inferior mozarella by nature since it comes as dry rolls, you basically get ingredients for 50cent and pay 4-5 dollar for something you can do in 1 minute at home, id go as far as to say its still better if you buy the stuff at a shitty supermarket

I'm going to fuck you in the mouth.