Does Veeky Forums have an "air frier"? What do you like to cook?

Does Veeky Forums have an "air frier"? What do you like to cook?

I picked up this "air fryer" a few weeks ago. This thing does an awesome job with home fries and chicken wings. You can even cook them together with little to no added oil. After researching all the different countertop convection cookers, I picked this one for a couple reasons.

>Top and bottom cooking
Unlike most convection cookers this model has a heating element on the bottom to help with even cooking

>Rotating paddle insert
Also unlike most convection cookers this has a paddle to keep the food stirring while it cooks. The paddle comes out for dishes where you wouldn't want it.

Air fryer? Do you mean an oven?

How much was it?

Always wanted one. How does this compare against a deep fryer?

$250 for that one.

$200 for the slightly smaller one.

More like a high-temperature convection oven.

Takes longer. Results aren't as good.

But you don't have to mess with oil.

Would that work for roasting coffee beans?

..So, an oven?
Yeah, I have an oven.

>..So, an oven?

No, not the same thing as an oven. Are you daft? Do you not realize the convection part is critically important?

I've never seen a consumer-grade oven that wasn't fan assisted.

Really? Most aren't.

And even so, the fan in a typical consumer oven is much weaker than that in an "air fryer". It's the same general idea (heating element + fan), but the air fryer has a much higher power density & a stronger fan.

It really isn't a frier. The name is rather misleading. It's a 2 zone convection cooker with a paddle insert. It really won't give you the same sort of results as a deep frier.

You know, I bet it would. You just gotta keep an eye on it so your beans don't burn.

I've got a convection toaster oven. This really isn't the same thing. The fan in this is much stronger making the heat far more dispersed. It also has the paddle that keeps your food moving around unlike a convection oven. Wings and potatoes come out much better from this than a convection oven. You also can't make risotto in a convection oven like you can with this. I know you're just being a retarded toll, but I don't want others to be mislead.

It's still forms carcinogens like you'd get oil frying.

how much food can you put in it? like a whole chicken? or do you have to do it in batches?

If you took the paddle out, it would easily fit a whole chicken. I've loaded mine up with 3 potatoes worth of home fries and an entire bag of frozen wings and it still have plenty of room to spare.

Retard, simply cooking your food forms carcinogens.

How much electricity do these things use? I live in a place where natural gas is cheap, and I hate cooking electric if I can avoid it, plus I don't want another bulky appliance in my house.

I could go and guy an air fryer tomorrow if I wanted but paying the electric bill AND cleaning this thing turns me off.

Sell me why I need it pls, other than the obvious facts about low oil usage = "healthier" food.

What about the running costs? Power isn't cheap here.

It gets way more at higher temperatures.

what temp does it go up to? would it work with pizza dough that wants a 400 degrees C pizza oven to be perfect?

You'd likely be better off just oven roasting stuff. Toss it in oil first if you want to accelerate your atherosclerosis.

Go away retard.

pls no ableism pls k thx :-)

It uses roughly 1400w on it's highest setting. It doesn't have a temp readout and I've not bothered to stick a thermometer in there but it gets up to at least 400f.

Oh and you can stick most of the parts in the dishwasher for cleaning. The rest I wipe down with clorox wipes and let air dry.

>clorox wipes
T R A S H Y

It's be a fumigation machine if it got over 200, not a fryer

I have this. I never use it. Ever. It's also huge and I think about throwing it away every day. I can't come up with anything it does my convection oven doesn't do better and faster