Spacefood

can we Identify these sauces / containers? the sriracha is easy to spot, what about the others?

Also, general space-food thread I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/AstroSamantha/status/589035429879513088
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

In space, they eat burritos instead of bread, because you dont get as much crumbs and you can fold it easier to keep stuff inside

also, they are generally very happy when a resupply ship brings up fresh stuff. Note the table on the right.

I want to live in space
If they needed volunteers for a one way mission to a distant planet 30 years of travel from earth I would sign up in a hearthbeat

Heinz ketchup/ French yellow mustard/ guliy's brown mustard/ not sure/ kraft BBQ sauce/ roster sauce/ looks like the mango habanaro shit I use a firehouse/sky valley/ grey poop on

astronauts frequently complained about the bland food. Turns out the weighlessness shifts your fluids and this affects taste buds, generally lowering your ability to taste; hence hot sauce and mustard are commodities used quite often

That's a French's Yellow Mustard at the right.

they eat M&Ms. although they are often reffered to as sugar-coated peanut or chocolates, since NASA is not supposed to actually advertise the products.
Also, repacked to save space on the way up I guess

>they eat M&Ms.

So all those condiments in the OPs pictures are just M&Ms?

>guliy's brown mustard
gulden's brown mustard

nope, sorry. Forgot to attach picture

How does it feel to know Mexicans invented the first space food?

>mexican intellectuals

That's nice. OP asked people to identify the condiments in the picture, not spurg their knowledged about what candy astronauts eat.

This is the committee for the selection of fresh produce for on of the HTV (japanese) supply missions.

Yes, a committee to select the amount and type of fruit. Perhaps even to select the specific apple that gets to fly?

>also, general space food thread I guess

Size v's mass v's nutritional value v's balanced diet v's verity.

This italian astronaut went up to space and got to take an espresso machine with her.

Fuck the espresso machine, she got to wear star trek uniform.

>starfleet uniform
The future is real!

And a Star Trek commander's uniform.

ayup
twitter.com/AstroSamantha/status/589035429879513088

A lot of the bigger meals in space are re-hydrated

Recipe for Rehydrated Beef Patty with MRE Cheddar Cheese Spread, Ketchup and Mustard on Space Tortilla: (1) Rehydrate beef patty using the onboard potable water dispenser (hot). (2) Allow beef patty 10-15 minutes to fully rehydrate before opening. No grill marks to gauge cook time, so keep an eye on your watch. (3) Use scissors to snip open patty pouch and cheddar cheese spread.
(4) Top tortilla with patty, squeeze cheese, ketchup and mustard. (5) Enjoy!

....I would it eat it.

I will never have a space qt to nerd out on star trek with.
And here I was thinking I was getting over this depression.

>Janeway quote
Disgusting, that is not Star Trek

>you will never eat mexi-american rehydrated Potty-roll in space.

Why live?

Why? It's pretty shit once the novelty wears off.

From left to right:
Heinz Ketchup
Gulden's Spicy Brown Mustard
A Taste of Thai Sweet Red Chili Sauce
? (the dark bottle with tapered spout)
KC Masterpiece Original Barbecue Sauce
Tuong Ot Sriracha
? (stone ground/whole grain mustard?)
Sky Valley Thai Peanut
Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard

The stone ground mustard seems like it should be very easy to identify, given its uniquely anti-tapered cap, and apparent two Ss on a word on the front label. I scoured images from both Google and the National Mustard Museum without success.

Oops, I forgot the French's mustard in the second position.

you already live in space

The Grey Pupon is laped "KIMBROUGH", looks like it belongs to Robert S. Kimbrough the current commander of the ISS.

How do you think they deal with people stealing condiments in space?

i want to be as far away from other peole as i can

Omg, what a little bitch. I'd totally splooge in his Grey Poupon for being such a picky, possessive douche in space.

Though to be fair, it does appear that a mutant space sludge is taking root in the bottom of that Gulden's bottle.

>Kathryn Janeway on her first day on the USS Al-Batani , circa stardate 5487.4