Why do people like light beer so much? It tastes like shit

Why do people like light beer so much? It tastes like shit

Bud Light doesn't taste like shit-- it doesn't taste like anything at all.

People like it because for some reason they feel the need to pound back three cases in an afternoon and they can't do that with beers that actually taste like something or have substantial alcohol content.

That's not even beer, though.

Just call it dirty dish water like it is.

Because they feel like they're gonna gain less weight from it

/thread

You can't shotgun your favorite 9.1 abv triple IPA

>blah blah blah... you have to be at least 13 to post here

I don't think anyone actually enjoys light beer, it's either:
>You're a broke alcoholic
>You're in college and need a cheap rack for a party

People drink light beer because it has less calories. Not sure if you noticed but there are plenty of fat women who got fat just by partying a lot more after high school. Its also a hell of a lot easier to drink light beer after a big meal, or on hot summer days you don't get as completely shitfaced when you're pounding back light beer at the beach. There's lots of reasons. No one really cares why you don't like it.

Light beer doesn't cost less. Are you 13?

Some combination of mass marketing working, and people unwilling to try other beers.

It's literally only useful as hydration when your out fishing on a hot lake all day, or when your mowing the grass. It's like drinking a glass of water that gives you a mild buzz if you drink as much as you should. I still don't like lite beers, give me a cheap full macro when I'm breaking a sweat. Lone Star is my grass mowing beer.

>Light beer has fewer calories

Yeah a wopping 40 fewer calories per 12 oz bottle! Look at me! I'm fat, but by god I'm dieting by drinking light beer. You can't ridicule me!

As far as a beer for a hot summer day at the beach, at least a belgian wit or american wheat will do the job with still some flavor and mouthfeel. Even a pale ale.

Leave the feminine beers of post prohibition behind. The men that built america pre-prohibition were drinking microbrews.

>alcohol
>hydration

Wow you had craft beer for the first time and started going to BeerAdvocate, your virginity is officially abolished!

>light beer
You mean beer in general tastes like shit. The reason for this is because it is literally shit. It is the waste of yeast after eating the grain. Enjoy drinking shit to try to escape your sorry excuse of a "life."

Go make another pointless graph, Randall.

There might only be a 45 calorie difference between bud and bud light, but those aren't the only two kinds of beer you faggot. Not only that, plenty of people think your beers taste like shit. Not everyone likes what you like. Do you ever wonder why women aren't attracted to you? It's because you're fat and ugly and you have questionable hygiene, but your personality and attitude don't win any points either.

>light beer
>alcohol

Bruh you are drinking cold water with a small amount of alcohol. I don't think you can even get drunk on it but if you somehow manage to you've drank a shitload of water, enough to hydrate anyone

Light beer has 1% less alcohol. 5 light beer is the same as 4 regular beer for alcohol content. If you honestly think people can't get drunk off light beer, you aren't much of a beer drinker...

Veeky Forums is full of incorrigible alcoholics, if you get buzzed on anything less than three pints of Everclear you're a pussy.

but that's the alcohol content of 4 beers at the volume of 5 beers. idk about other people, but with light beer, I get full (which means I have to wait a while before I can drink another) before I get drunk.

I've been brewing my own beer for 9 years, faggot. Anyone drinking mass marketed adjunct beer in the US today, and ridiculing craft beer as fedora tier, hipster shit does not understand the fact that pre-prohibition, every town and many bars brewed their own beer. The current adjunct shit was a direct result of the feminization of beer to meet the demand of a primarily feminine drinking market during WWII, when men were fighting the good fight overseas.

The real limp wristed faggots are the ones still sucking the pisswater tit.

I don't drink light beer. That doesn't mean it doesn't have its uses. I like tequila washed down with malt beer.

So you're saying you exist where a 5:4 ratio of volume to alcohol will never get you drunk but a 1:1 ratio will never make you too full to get drunk. You're just taking the piss kid.

So? That's just you. The question was why do people like light beer. You aren't all people, and not all of us have to wait 3 hours to piss while drinking.

GOOD post, right here.
Listen to this man.

Not really. Not all of us are in a position to brew our own beer. I got a family and my wife can't stand the smell of beer or wine, and I would rather buy beer and get pussy than always have a bitchy wife because I'm brewing my own.

>my wife can't stand the smell of beer or wine

Sounds defective, exchange her for a new one

Because the flavor dissipates quickly, it's cheap, doesn't fill them up, and gets a cheap buzz.

Are you kidding? She doesn't drink and she doesn't mind that I drink. She just hates the smell. She can tolerate it when I drink, but she has been to my aunt and uncles who brew their own and couldn't stand it. When you find a woman who doesn't drink but lets you drink, you never have to worry about her going out with her friends and fucking around on you. Women shouldn't be allowed to drink in the first place. They think being drunk justifies whoring around.

Full flavor macrolagers don't taste a whole lot better.

Beer in general tastes like shit.

Bit fewer calories, still get drunk. More for parties with drinking games and the like.

>I have shit taste
Could've just written that instead user.

stop drinking beer

Boring.

Why? It's really good.

You can.

And if you are slamming alcohol to get blackout drunk then you're probably underage or a woman, a grown man will take meassured shots of his favorite whiskey and sip it over ice or stone if he's wanting to induldge to such degrees.

>over ice

Fucking hell mate, lay off the tipping
jesus christ