Will this help me cool down my sugary soda habit?

Will this help me cool down my sugary soda habit?

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.org/newshour/rundown/aspartame-isnt-bad-says-chemistry/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I like carbonation for its own sake. You might find you do as well.

>Will this help me cool down my sugary soda habit?
It did for me. I buy them in BOGO sales, about 4 flavors at a time.

When getting started on the water habit, you might think about a floater of some real fruit juice, or a good squeeze of lemon or lime, and simple syrup. Then, when you really like the flavors, you might opt for plain.

Favorite flavors: cucumber-blackberry and coconut, but that's me

You motherfucker. I just spent five minutes putting together a relevant and helpful reply about addiction based on personal experience, tried to post and "This thread has been pruned or deleted." All because you wanted to edit one word in your OP.

No, those suck ass. Try Zevia. It's not going to taste like soda, you just need to get used to the fact that sodas are terrible for you. But Zevia is pretty good when you are trying to kick the habit

It's the only thing I drink other than coffee and tap water. I started drinking it regularly after I quit drinking alcohol a year and a half ago.

Try Clear American (Clear Canadian in canada). It's a Walmart Brand. 0 calories. Pretty good.

Love that stuff. Disani makes a decent sparking water, and Syfo is God tier.

i tried a coke life the other day

i'm not a huge pop drinker but enjoy a nice can of coke a few times a year

was actually really good. couldn't tell it from a normal coke, would definitely buy again

>consuming aspartame
Enjoy your seizures and brain tumors.

did for me. well, la croix is a little expensive, so i go with the safeway generic brand (refreshe) which is dirt fucking cheap when it's on sale.

just be mindful of ingredients when you're looking for sparkling water. some anons are recommending carbonated waters that still have a ton of sweeteners in them. la croix (and its ilk) are just carbonated water with a tiny bit of flavoring. the big thing for me is that it replicates the feeling of drinking soda and that's enough to curb my bullshit.

if you're very dependent on caffeine you will want to have unsweet tea or coffee at hand, or be prepared for a week of feeling like garbage while you go through withdrawals.

so does la croix have flavoring, or is it just scent?

Coconut ^_^

Try coffee, tea, herbal tea (neckbeards call it tisane), frozen cherries blended with water, etc.

Always chase with water for dental health.

PELLEGRINO

SAN

Look!
SHILLS!

Yeah - could help you wean yourself off of the soda habit. Maybe even get you down to plain water some day.

Good luck and godspeed, user. We're rooting for you.

What do you mean by that?
Are you trying to say is it sweet?
It's not.

>can't tell stevia from sugar
That's bullshit

Didn't understand lacroix at first. Was still kind of stuck on drinking coke zeros and what not. Then the receptionist told me it was all in the exhale. That's where you enjoy the flavor.

You drink it down for the cool bubbly water and the flavor is subtle but in the aftertaste. Love em. Now.

My personal favs are
Pomplamuse
Power gap
Mango
Peach-pear

See, I think a lot of people are in your boat and can't really appreciate fruit flavors on their own at first because you've literally only ever had them with sugar or sweetener and therefore they don't taste right.

They're not that great, not much flavor

Some people seem to like them though

For me I realized I craved a sweet drink more than the carbonation or caffeine in soda, so I've started drinking iced tea, or kool-aid with less sugar than the pack calls for, they both satisfy the craving

i just don't like the soda water flavor. it's just oddly tannic which makes my brain think it's savory. i'd rather have flavored, non-carbonated water

I've started mixing in Robinsons lemon barley water with carbonated water. It contains a tiny amount of calories and because it is lemon it masks the sweeteners well.

Also sodas with phosphoric acid are really bad for you (Like cola). It gave me kidney stones.

You should NEVER be drinking anything other than water you retadred obese american

La Croix is for people who just got into seltzer.
Bulk 1 liter Vintage is for the real OGs.

soda is our culture. our very own culture. fuck you

Fuck that faggy La Croix yogapants college fit-slut meme shit

Drink Klarbrunn. It tastes better.

and you will be cripplingly obese and die at 24 so long as you drink even one soda per year.

Enjoy extinction, fatmerican.

pure straight edge faggotry

this

had one today myself, was good but not the real thing

that said, i enjoyed it BECAUSE it wasn't as sweet and deadly as the real thing

is seltzer a Jewish thing? I only ever see it referred to such in jew delis

Alright here's a unique and possibly retarded method of mine

One part carbonated water, one part iced tea/fruit juice/powdered whatever/any flavor you damn well please

Sugar content is likely less than the average soda, but I'm just in it for the carbonation.

Any thoughts?

suck my red white and blue dick sometimes a nice ice cold refreshing soda after a day of hard work is orgasmic

Pelligrino is shit and I'm made they have a big market

I don't know if it's a Jewish thing specifically, but corn syrup isn't kosher during passover, so maybe seltzer caught on with them for that reason.

Polar Cherry Lime Seltzer and Orange Seltzer is the fucking shit I've mostly stopped drinking soda.

What is "Seltzer" and why is it different to carbonated water?

Why would people buy expensive branded carbonated water?

Flavoured carbonated water typically contains artificial sweeteners. What's the difference between drinking that and diet soda?

guys pls
they weren't meant to be hard questions
I'm just very confused by this whole thread

>What is "Seltzer" and why is it different to carbonated water?

It's not different. Seltzer is unflavored carbonated water. Same thing.

>Why would people buy expensive branded carbonated water?

I have no idea. Probably because they're too stupid, ignorant, or lazy to make it themselves.

>Flavoured carbonated water typically contains artificial sweeteners. What's the difference between drinking that and diet soda?

Health/nutrition wise there is no difference. I've only tasted flavored carbonated water a couple of times, but I did notice that it tends to be a much more subtle flavor than "soda". My dad used to buy the exact brand pictured in the OP photo when he wanted to cut back on drinking beer. He bought the lemon flavor. I tried it once, it was much milder in taste than a lemon-lime soda; it tasted like someone took carbonated water and then gave it just a little squeeze of lemon juice. The lemon flavor was very mild and it wasn't very sweet.

Where I'm from the Jews and goys both call it seltzer.
My local voting place was a Jewish Center however...

This man is 45% wrong.
Something like seltzer is different from club soda. Seltzer is just carbonated water, that's true.
>Probably because they're too stupid, ignorant, or lazy to make it themselves
Horse shit, these or soda streams are horrible ROI. You have to buy the machine and continuously buy CO2. Plus they never make as much as you want.
12 liters of seltzer is 5 bucks. A 16 pack of Co2 is about the same.

>not just drinking diet soda

just switch to diet soda, you won't even like sugar soda in a few months.

>Horse shit, these or soda streams are horrible ROI.

I agree. that's what I meant by ignorance. What you want is pic related. The co2 refill costs about $3 at any welding gas supplier and it will last for well over a hundred gallons.

Also keep in mind we're talking about comparing DIY to *expensive branded* carbonated water. Stuff that costs several dollars for a single small bottle. Not generic carbonated water which is much more reasonably priced..

lol i had that literally every day for dinner when i was growing up with my parents. i have evolved into drinking only mineral water now with dinner.

it helped me. i love that shit. lemon and orange is good, mango is decent.

Helped me, like everyone else...

Best to worst of what I've tried so far:

>Damn Near Every Day Go-To Tier:
Lemon

>Shit, They're Out Of Lemon. Oh Well, This Is Fine Tier:
Plain
Lime

>Feeling In A Rut And Need Something Great With More Flavor Tier:
Apricot
Mango
Cran-Raspberry
Berry

>I Don't Hate This But It's Not My Favorite Tier:
Tangerine
Orange

>I Don't Hate This But I Kind Of Hate This Tier:
Coconut

>This Tastes Like Fucking Shit Tier:
Passionfruit

What you are going to crave is the caffeine.

I'd suggest drinking black coffee or tea if you are worried about losing weight.

>I Don't Hate This But I Kind Of Hate This Tier

Keked heartily

Have you had the grapefruit one senpai?

The only difference between seltzer and club soda is that club soda has minerals added.

>Flavoured carbonated water typically contains artificial sweeteners.
this is why you read the ingredients and make sure you're avoiding that sweetened garbage like the fucking plague and get the stuff that is simply

carbonated water
natural flavors

>shills
>people recommending tons of alternatives and not just la croix
idk bruh

>just in it for the carbonation
so just get carbonated water imo
i had a sodastream for a bit (never got the co2 canister replaced after it was empty) and did actually enjoy stuffing a bunch of fresh fruit and/or herbs into the bottle and letting it impart that aroma for just a little something

HOWEVER if you want to flavor plain carbonated water (from a soda stream or whatever else), the big secret is flavored bitters.

a couple of drops of orange bitters in a liter bottle of carbonated water gives you all that aroma, that subtle flavor

really great

>tfw just got some cherry-lime

Tell me more...

Nice blog post

If you have a kroger nearby, try their blackberry citrus seltzer.

I bought zevia once and it was nasty as fuck

No. I like actual grapefruits. But I've never liked grapefruit juice or flavored things. It's always too tart for me.
I havn't tried the pear one either, but I just havn't gotten around to it yet.

The coconut is bizarre. It's almost like a cream soda.. but at the same time it's not... don't ever put it on ice cream thinking it will work for a float.. it does not.

Same. If I want sweet, I add a shot of fruit juice to a glass of seltzer. I'm not diabetic, so a little sugar isn't bad at all.

What flavor did you have?

I have tried the Orange, Cream Soda, and Black Cherry.
Orange is definitely not good, but i like the black cherry one

We had vintage seltzer everynight in my household too

I'm not sure what there is to say, really.

Buy a CO2 tank. Buy a soda filling adapter. When the tank runs empty then you take it to a welding gas shop and they'll swap it for a full one for you. CO2 is terribly cheap. You can also get it refilled at anywhere that refills paintball tanks, but that's more expensive than taking it to a welding gas supplier.

always ctrl+c your long post before posting user.

>he fell for the aspartame is bad meme

the worst part of diet soda is probably the acidity on your teeth, the other stuff is exaggerated bs made by anti-soda shills

pbs.org/newshour/rundown/aspartame-isnt-bad-says-chemistry/

It tastes gross and it gives me the shits if I drink more than half of one soda. That's all I need to call it bad.

>It tastes gross
to each their own
>it gives me the shits if I drink more than half of one soda
maybe thats the caffeine

>retadred

Coke Life is great.

I've always craved another half-diet coke since they pulled C2 off the market 10 years ago. Fills my sweetness craving without having too much sugar

why does carbonated water taste bitter as fuck?

It shouldn't taste bitter. There is nothing in it with a bitter taste. It could be acidic, since the CO2 forms carbonic acid in contact with water.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of tonic water? That is bitter due to the quinine.

When I went to Germany all they had was carbonated water and no normal water

Maybe its just the reaction on my tongue I don't know.

You do know you can ask for regular water at restaurants in Germany, right? Mineral water is just the default for most of them so they can make money off it.

Just keep a water bottle filled with room temp to chilly water next to you at all times. Drink it when you think about being thirsty and you'll be fine within a week.

Is room temp ginger ale bad for you on terms of say regular coke?

I understand it's sugary as fuck but they serve it in hospitals

I'm not a soda drinker but this is really fucking stupid advice.
"Tell the dope fiend to keep insulin needle next to him, that'll work!"
Seltzer is like suboxone, you get the slight high of the bubbles but you have a better chance of kicking the habit because it's not 100% cold turkey.

no i mean when i drink them, i can't discern any flavor

i think it's only a scent

like you know how you hold your nose to kill the taste of medicine? i feel like it's that same principle

No, but a kidney stone will.

Is the coconut flavor good? No one at my local store ever buys it. Theres usually twice as much coconut as other flavors. Berry is always sold out too. I prefer the tall skinny cans though.

It's... weird. I wouldn't call it "good" but it's interesting. Vaguely reminds me of cream soda.. kinda...
I didn't hate it. I think I bought it a few times when I first started drinking them. I might get it again someday.. maybe...

I'm trying to quit my soda addiction too. i only drink one kind of soda though, and it's pic related.

it's the most orgasmic thing i've had to drink

>help me Veeky Forums

Meet your other half

>Craft Mountain Dew

Fuck that's hilarious. I may need to hop over the border and try it.

One part orange juice, one part raw cranberry juice, 3 parts any flavor sparkling water

>shit was SO cash

>le aspartame boogeyman

holy fuck i had no idea there was a thing

on a scale of 1-10 how orgasmic is it?