Cop-out potatoes

Fuck all y'all cooking shit. I'm just going to microwave a potato and put butter and seasoning on it.
I don't have time to put effort into choosing and making a meal that'll actually feed me.
Fuck is this shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cpCyGkqmQsY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fair dos

those cloth potato pouches for the microwave are actually pretty decent

>I don't have time to put effort into choosing and making a meal that'll actually feed me.

Enjoy shitting and throwing up

From microwaving a potato?

OP here.
What's the green bits on that toast?
What the fuck? Its a potato, not a goddam Mexican dish with undercooked chicken found in a dumpster.

>making a baked potato in the microwave

Don't forget the coffee creamer and wax chocolate!

That was sorta part of my point, but also it's good enough.
My mother always made it that way so-...
Wait...
What's even wrong with coffee creamer in that way? I don't drink caffeinated shit unless I wanna wake up, but that sounds more like a preference than lazy and/or fake shit, which is what I assumed you meant.
Or are you just stating a list of random shit you hate and assuming everyone understands?

I love the irony in how the board with the seemingly most innocent of topics has such a strong undercurrent of hateful disagreement.

>I'm just going to microwave a potato and put butter and seasoning on it.
it won't take much more effort to pre-heat an actual oven and leaving the potato(es) there for an hour at 220°C, and one might argue the result is better so I advise you try that OP

Also, apologies for strange stilted wording. I'm forced to use an on-screen keyboard due to various reasons.

How long do you microwave a potato for?

Do you have to prick it with a fork or something first?

But user, the microwave is arguably the best way to cook a baked potato. I ain't even mad.

Actually, its not just a matter of effort. Its also a matter of time, hunger and indecision.
But you're right; I should try actually making it that way once.

There's often a potato button on microwaves. Least, in the U.S..
But actually, don't do that. Average potato for me is probably like 5 min 30 sec to 6 min 30 but it seems the russets I buy might be unusually sized or something.

Oh forgot; Yes, you do want to poke it with a fork.

Yo I microwave potatoes and only put sour cream and Italian dressing on it, and shit tastes good. Oly takes about ten minutes.

>microwave
>baked

???

For you OP
youtu.be/cpCyGkqmQsY
overcooked mine.

Its only called a baked potato. Presumably because that's how it was originally prepared. If it comes out about the same, I see nothing wrong here.

But it doesn't come out the same. When you microwave it you don't get that awesome crispy skin you do when you bake them.

Usually I scrub a potato then poke a few holes in it with a knife, then stick it in the microwave for about 9 minutes. I might seem kind of long, but it gets the potato soft all the way through.

I like twice-baked potatoes... microwave them, cut them in half, scoop out the inside except for 1/4" layer around the skin, mash or blend the potato and mix with sour cream, butter, green onions, grated cheese, bacon, whatever, refill skins, bake until ready and maybe finish under the broiler to crisp up the top.

What shithole country is this cuisine from?

seconded. when you microwave a potato it comes out more like a steamed potato.

Microwave, then transition to broiler for browning.

It's the same damn thing.
When you bake a potato, you are actually boiling it in its own moisture, and the outermost moisture is evaporating.

In a microwave, the moisture in the potato boils but doesn't have time to evaporate and dry out the skin.

If you want crispy cooked taters, just nuke for 5-6 minutes, then crisp them in the broiler for another minute per side.

That's way better than waiting 40 minutes for one in the oven.

not that there's anything wrong with that!

You have a drinking problem

If you prick it and flip it over halfway heating, microwave spuds are passable.You miss out on the hnng skin but that's what shortcuts get you.

Frankly, I never understood the appeal of the skin.
Also, a baked potato isn't worth waiting for an oven to preheat then waiting a full/nearly full hour.

Potato skin is gross no matter what you do.

Anyone arguing that its better to bake because of the end result isn't getting it.

For what you get in the time it takes to make cop-out potatoes, you receive a far better value in sitting around hungry waiting for your very basic food item to cook.
While you can spend that time doing something else, depending on how hungry you are, it can be fucking annoying and you won't get much value out of whatever you chose to do in the meantime.
Cop-out potatoes are for last minute meals, baked potatoes are for never.

I'm not going to sit and wait 10x the time just so I can eat a crispier version of my dead grandfather's bodily tissue.

breakfast potatoes/home fries:

- wrap potato in wet paper towel
- microwave for 10 minutes in 2.5 minute increments, flipping every increment
- skin should be peelable upon coming out of the microwave, pick it off with your fingers or rub the potato with the edge of a spoon
- cut the peeled potato into cubes
- heat a cast iron pan, add oil and butter
- add potato chunks into pan, should be hot enough that there's immediate noise
- add salt, pepper, cumin, cayenne, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika
- allow potato chunks to get a crust on the bottom then flip them
- squash the potato chunks down into the pan with the spatula, this breaks them open a bit and allows them to get even crustier
- serve when browned enough

My mom tried to feed me microwaved bacon. What the fuck is wrong with her? Is she mentally ill? Bacon isn't exactly cheap you stupid bitch. You think this crunchy ass shit is edible when you could have cooked it properly in the same amount of time? Goddamn bitch, can't believe I was raised by this moron.

Bestlandia

toaster oven.

tomato looks like a prolapse

Baked potato is the shit