If you eat raw meat you will be sick

>if you eat raw meat you will be sick

Then tell me how I've been eating pic related since my youth a couple times a month and have never been sick from food once in my life hmmmmm?

Do you sprinkle herbs on it? Thyme? Rosemary? Sage.

You have always been sick and dont know what is to be healthy.

Raw meat is fine, raw chicken and fish is not.

>Raw fish is not

What is sushi, sashimi and ceviche?

Granted acidity cooks the last one to an extent but it's still very close to fresh and what some faggots would consider raw.

If you have a problem eating raw fish, it means you're purchasing from places which can't guarantee freshness.

>raw meat is fine
>raw chicken is not
uh?

anyway OP, eating raw meat can cause salmonellosis, and to do that the meat has to have been stored where insects could access, at relatively high temperature
if you buy meat from a half reputable source you have nothing to fear

As long as you are grinding your own meat for it you should be safe but eating supermarket ground meat any bit raw at all is a bad idea.

There's nothing wrong with raw meat, if there was you wouldn't be able to order a rare steak etc..

The issue is the bacteria on the meat. If the meat is fresh and handled well this wont be an issue. Chicken can't be eaten raw due to the natural bacteria in the meat not agreeing with your stomach. A little bit of pink chicken is okay, but only a little bit.

As long as you don't come from a 3rd world country, eating raw meat wont kill you

Despite "conventional wisdom" there is zero difference with disease or sickness risk between raw poultry, beef, or fish. They are all equally hospitable to bacteria.

Medfag here. Unless you live in darkest Africa, you have nothing to fear from raw beef. Just don't eat raw pork because pork tapeworms will do this to your brain.

>pork tapeworms will do this to your brain.
Not going to google it.

Tapeworms are a gut parasite.
The brain is nowhere near the gut
Tapeworms don't use your blood vessels like the interstate.
Tapeworms don't eat your brain.

Still, don't eat raw pork. It's nasty.

>sashimi

Google sashimi parasites

They are.
It's not.
But they do.
Right, they just encyst there.

On the other hand, that image has got to be the most extreme case in the entire history of people having tapeworm larvae in their brains.

The inside of a cut of meat has a relatively small chance of being exposed to a disease vector. Once you grind the meat, its a different story.

I stand corrected. I thought it would just be scaremongering, sensationalistic "journalism".

Turns out it's just incredibly rare.

>brain
>tapeworms
Retard.

Pork worms (trichinosis) have all but been completely eliminated from north american pork production.

"Between 2002 and 2007, 11 trichinosis cases were reported to the CDC each year on average in the United States these were mostly the result of consuming undercooked game, or home-reared pigs."

Good for America...?

In the same way Trump is good for non-unionised construction workers.

>Veeky Forums: a wheelbarrow full of pennies

Eating raw meat is risk-reward balance. Realize there are some nasty microbes and parasites out there... and also that raw stuff is delicious. If you're healthy and have a diverse gut microbiome, you have less to worry about.

If you buy good meat (read: expensive and specialized) and prepare it right then you have nothing to worry about. Like sushi! Sushi fish is very carefully transported, inspected and prepared.

Raw kibbe is one of my favorite dishes. Lebanese place near me does an excellent version.

>non-unionised construction workers
This was weird to read, before I realised it wasn't in a chemical sense.