Guinness

Why do people pretend to like Guinness?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PAnCpuYVYbI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Guinness is great, sorry your pleb tastebuds don't like it. Stick to your mountain dew.

What's there to pretend? Its smooth and refreshing.

It's not Reinheitsgebot compliant >:(

it is a rare food with a perfectly balanced taste. appreciate it for that.

You cant make beer following the law. It was made before yeast was discovered.

That law only allows shitty lager to exist.

>Guinness is great, sorry your pleb tastebuds don't like it. Stick to your mountain dew.
Guinness is Corona-tier stout. I like it, but it is one of the most watery and uninspired stouts you can find. That's why it is so popular, it is a readily-accessible, refreshing, babby's first stout that is wholly innocuous.

But hey, you have special tastes and are a patrician because you enjoy the most popular, mass-produced stout on the planet.

>You cant make beer following the law. It was made before yeast was discovered.
wut

hi xkcd

taking a break from you pretentious comics?

The law has been expanded to include yeast. I saw it in a documentary on youtube.

Alright, hipster.

>Corona
>bad
Talk shit about my beerfu one more time fucker.

Corona is a shit beer. It routinely ranks last place among taste tests of Mexican beers, but it's easily the best selling one. It's a classic case of how marketing & advertising can make up for a crappy product. It's a common case study in business school.

Best Guinness coming through...

>clear glass bottle
>good beer
Pick one

I didn't say it was bad, I said it was a mass-produced, innocuous, watery beer. It is what it is.

To me, an ice cold Corona with a lime wedge on a really hot weekend afternoon is amazing. It certainly has it's place.

nice trips but corona is fucking garbage

It's good if you can find a place in the states that has the real shit on tap that comes from potatoland. Not the shit they finish mixing over
here. It's good for one or two pints but too heavy to get drunk on.

Cause it's tasty! It reminds me of coffee or chocolate.

It's breddy gud desu

and this:
I would add that it also reminds me of kikkoman

Who here has a Guinness draught diploma? ;^) I do.

>Guinness draught diploma

wuz dat

Just because there are better beers doesn't mean Guinness is bad.

Even the worst stout is enjoyable.

this

>He hasn't had Guinness from St James gate

Beer is shit, no arguments.

Rum is far better.

>He hasn't had Guinness from St James gate
Yes I have, and I have that plastic thing with the drop of Guinness in it still.

There was no discernible difference in taste.

Also, I'm () not saying Guinness is bad or anything, it's just one of the most watery and innocuous stouts around. It's good, but it's babby's first stout.

the drought version is fine but it tastes like an elegant Natty light.

Yes m'lord. Good choice m'lord.

>drought

oh i love me a guinness
heh

this is good shit

it tastes fine
it's just weak as fuck and takes like 10 of them to get buzzed

There's a huge difference between a Guiness poured by a rando and a Guiness poured by somebody who knows how to pour a nitro-beer.

drinking stout instead of lager to get drunk

I like Guinness because I think I can drink it faster than other beers due to a lack of carbonation.

youtube.com/watch?v=PAnCpuYVYbI

Is Guiness vegan yet?

They don't.

Remember the Veeky Forums contrarian's mantra:

"It's popular therefore I must hate"

Australian Guinness is apparently

>Drinking lager to get drunk
lager was created specifically so you could drink all day and not get drunk

>lager to get drunk

Enjoy your manboobs

It sounds like you're comparing it to completely different kinds of beer to be honest. Guinness is an Irish dry stout, it's not trying to be a super bold imperial-type stout, or any other kind of beer in the same family. Dry stouts are supposed to be lighter and easier to drink. Saying it's not good because of that just makes it seem like you're judging it based on something it isn't.

>Reinheitsgebot
This is a thing outside of germany?

Some americans dug it up and to cover up their own crippling lack of culture they took it over

I never said it wasn't good. I said I liked it at least twice in this thread, I just said it was watery and innocuous.

It is weak as far as stouts go, but you are right that this is characteristic of Irish dry stouts.

Cringe

edgy atheist like this stuff, its pasteurized so your right op it taste terrible in the states

Smooth, rich flavor. What's not to like?

>Nigerian

What did they mean by this?

>Guinness is Corona-tier stout. I like it, but it is one of the most watery and uninspired stouts you can find. That's why it is so popular, it is a readily-accessible, refreshing, babby's first stout that is wholly innocuous.

Honestly, it's might as well not be stout. It's extremely non-stouty for what is technically a stout beer.

But it's pretty goddamn good.

As for the cringe factor, I can't decide who is worse between babbys-first-beer types or the microbrewery aficionados who pretend not to like guinness.

Mmmm, flat AND flavorless! Yummy.

Don't forget the tapatio, faggot.

y'all probably gonna laugh me out of the thread but I find guiness just a bit too bitter, I prefer killians irish red

because they live in Europe where Guinness isn't shit
>what are opinions

guiness is pretty pleb tier but fuck me running if it's not delicious

I don't drink it often, but sometimes a nice fresh draft of Guinness really hits the spot. I only drink it at bars and restaurants.

Omg this. So many stouts I try at the local brewery taste like soy sauce and it's so weird. Sometimes it's good, Guinness is one of the few with a hint of kikkoman I don't mind

So which is a good stout? I like Asahi, but don't know anything about alcohol, so that could be pled tier too.

Where I live there's a couple of stouts (macro too, for those that try hard to not look trendy) that are both less expensive and far more nice than guinness, why the fuck would I drink watery shit that tastes like copper.

Fuck off with this "only pretending" bullshit

Just gonna leave this here

It's great on draft, bottle is meh

Guinness beef pie is the best pie you will have.

My man of negroid heritage.

wat

I personally like Guinness Extra Stout more than Draught. Draught is watery and flat, although I still like it.

Gonna ask here because the alcohol thread makes me want to kill myself.
I'm new to drinking alcohol and I hVent found anything I like yet. Are there any recommendations you guys can give me? I'm starting to be convinced that alcohol was just overhyped and it actually sucks.

Shits watery as fuck

I genuinely like guiness. People aren't always going to agree with you. I know that's a strange concept from inside your hugbox/echo chamber, but that's the reality of reality!

Yes Sierra nevada, I'm from Chico. And what they don't tell you is pale ale us just an OK beer, but it's a torpedo that hits the spot. One of my favorite ipa's. I wouldn't buy it anywhere outside of butte county cause it costs so damn much other places, but in Chico all Sierra Nevada is pretty cheap especially at happy hour!

You don't hate yourself enough for alcohol. Try, coca cola. That might fit your baby taste buds a bit better!

Thanks, very helpful.

Mr never had a pint of Guinness spotted.

>There was no discernible difference in taste.

That or you are incapable of discerning it. Evidence overwhelmingly points to the latter.

Mature your palette and try again.

>palette
Kek.
Retard.

Rum is the worst thing ever. True fact

If you have to drink ten beers to get buzzed then I'm sorry to say that you're an alcoholic or a fatty. Most likely both

Not true, I'm 6'3" and it takes a lot of alcohol for me too catch a buzz. You must be pint sized and forget the spectrum of humans is vastly different!

>drink hipster imperial stout
>it's like drinking syrup
Disgusting. This is why hop free ale is essentially extinct, because it's fucking disgusting.

Try Guinness Extra Stout (the one that comes in the glass bottles)

If you get it draft it's delicious i swear i taste carmel. Cans and bottled guinness disgusting.

Nigerian Guinness is best Guinness

let the beer warm up a bit, some doesn't taste as good right from the fridge

Hefeweizens, midwest ipas, brown ales, cocktails, red blends for wine
Also, the situation makes alcohol taste better or worse. I only drink high life in the summer wearing a sleeveless shirt. Red wine only with red meat so I feel like a king.
Just try anything and everything. With liquor I'd go midshelf and stay there for a bit. Wine, anything 10$ and under really. Beer, local is almost always better.