Help me Veeky Forums you're my only hope

help me Veeky Forums you're my only hope

My friend wants to cook with me for our wives for Valentines day.
>He sucks at cooking (no big deal, he wants to learn) fine.
>his wife is picky as fuck.

I need a legit 4 course menu for a picky chicken and beef only not too spicy type girl.

I was thinking
>seared sea scallops with saffron butter sauce. if she doesn't eat it, fuck her, I'll eat them.
>sous vide then seared beef tenderloin with some kind of whiskey reduction sauce and compound butter
>confit duck leg with champagne risotto
>some bullshit dessert like a poached saffron pear.

i don't fucking know. what do you people with picky family members serve?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2p0FHW3C9RQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just do what you want. If the bitch doesn't eat perfectly good food, it's not your fault.
Don't cater to picky eaters.

>what do you people with picky family members serve?

Whatever I feel like. If they're picky that's their problem.

"Sorry we're going out to dinner"

Don't do fucking group valentines day dude are you retarded?

The tenderloin will probably be the most innocuous item on your menu for a truly picky eater.

Bourbon, cream, demi, green peppercorns is a favorite of mine with tenderloin.
Planning on pulling the meat off the duck leg?

Ignore his wife, make what your own wife wants.

Don't worry OP I got you covered. Cook lobster.

>my friend
>with me

so, will you be coming out of the closet soon?

OP, your menu idea sounds horrible for a typical picky American eater. Seafood and duck, unless you know she's okay with those things, are just bad choices. They have potent flavors and odd textures compared to what she's used to with chicken and beef; that's not a minor stretch like going from chicken to turkey.

And I'm guessing saffron is going to taste weird to her, especially on a dessert. Think cinnamon and sugar and butter and chocolate.

You sound like a good cook, but honestly, how you could think this was a good idea for a picky eater shows an almost autistic lack of empathy. Unless you're planning the meal as a deliberate "fuck you" to her. But if that's your goal, you just shouldn't have agreed to make dinner for her. There's no way you come off as anything but an asshole here.

do this filet mignon
youtu.be/2p0FHW3C9RQ

>user can't comprehend having fun cooking with one of your male friends without thinking about benis in anus
And you say OP is in the closet, wew lad.

you self-righteous assholes are exactly why picky food people will never try anything. If you find really good food that gently approaches a picky person's edge you help them expand their horizons. Which is great for me, because it means i don't have to eat at shitty junk on the wall restaurants every time we all go out together. Grow the fuck up.

That demi sounds really good actually. I might try that.

nope leaving the meat on the duck let. Doing easy as fk cheater confit
>poke a million holes in the duck skin with a corsage pin
>salt the duck
>pain the bottom of my trusty enameled cast iron pot
>200F for about 5 hours.
>crispy af skin with fall apart tender meat.

she's expressed interest in trying duck because it smells so good. I figure confit leg is a safe entry - much safer than rare duck breast.

As for scallops, we live in a seafood town and i know she eats bay scallops. A diver scallop is only a slight push from the boiled scallops she's used to. But like i said, if she doesn't like it, her husband will gladly eat them.

You might be right about the saffron for dessert. Maybe i should freeze some chocolate balls and make a lava cake or something.

were fucking married. Its not like you have to impress your wife with a fancy night out to get laid. All you have to do is say, hey want to have sex i have 15 minutes before i have to do X. The draw is being able to have an conversation with other adults thats not about or with kids.

interesting that its the first place your mind jumps to. Sounds like a guilty conscience to me you faggot.

so y'all are swingers, right?

serve oysters

>duck
If you make it just lie and say its fatty chicken

actually we're related, so even if we did swing, no thanks. A little more Veeky Forums and a little less /b/

I was asking about the leg meat because I would think a picky eater might be intimidated by the whole leg, but sounds like you got it.
I like to wrap scallops in prosciutto.
Hey, uh, you realize you got meat in all 3 courses? with a full duck leg in one of the dishes? That's going to be a lot to eat. Hope you guys are fatties. Just sayin.

never stop dating your wife, that's how relationships get stuck in a rut. I would have saved the couple's dinner for another night, valentines day should just be you two getting each other all horned up

>if she doesn't eat it
>fuck her
can't help you with that nigga

in my perfect world id be making a veg course for this meal. something like fig and mint with lime, then id make a fig reduction for the tenderloin to tie it all together and not do the duck, but hey, she likes the meat.

hahaha what a fucking cucks. Enjoy making shit for picky bitches that you won't even fuck. I'm going to be slaying some sluts pussy tonight and on valentines.

>A little more Veeky Forums and a little less /b/

Fine. My menu for theoretical family and friends I'll never have;

>fines herbes salad, charred lemon vin, crispy shallots and beet chips
fried shit and chips tend to go over well with picky eaters. in my experience, herbs are less gross to picky eaters because they smell nice and look fresher i guess?

>confit duck leg, celeriac risotto, duck fat confit potatoes, crispy leeks
this course should be heavy so keep your portions small. frontload on the risotto and make it sexy. riding the pendulum from light and acidic to heavy and earthy.

this shit should go over well since it's all kind of starchy and plain looking. realistically, fuck her, you can have one dish for the rest of ya'll.

>shaved ice intermezzo
whatever fucking colorful and palate cleansing fruits or veggies you have lying around. i don't fucking know what your kitchen looks like. buzz that shit up, freeze it, scrape it, plate it, and hold it in you freezer. this also gives you time to sear off your meat and plate as previously everything else could be made shortly before your guests arrive and hot held.

>reverse sear tenderloin with bordelaise, peas, carrot-tamarind puree, romanesco
you want simple? steak peas and carrots nigga. don't get more simple than this. blanch your veg ahead of time and bring it back up in beurre-fondue. puree should just be carrots and a bit of tamarind paste, unless you want to utilize your beet scraps from earlier for some mind-blowing color. i hope to god you know what you're doing with your steak if you're reverse-searing it. you're probably going to have to cheat with the bordelaise since i doubt you have veal bones lying around but i'm sure you'll make it sexy.

>char-cookie-rie boardâ„¢, chocolate chip cookies, macarons, salted caramel brownies, orange pate-de-fruit, vanilla ice cream
i would say just plate all this shit on the biggest board you've got and let it be shared, save you trouble.

I've never met a sane person who turned down jambalaya for anything other than a medical condition

>chef boy-r-dumb

>picky
>scallops
you already fucked up

This actually sounds good for picky and non picky eaters alike. You can eat fermented ants and shit another day OP, just get through valentines day without too much of a hassle and you're golden.