Is Aldi a meme store? I always bought food at Walmart or other grocery stores like Town & Country

Is Aldi a meme store? I always bought food at Walmart or other grocery stores like Town & Country.

It seems like everything is just generic versions of mainstream brands, but do they still taste alright?

It's not generic. Every Aldi's has different products more or less but it's generally a grab and go store for quality foods. I never count Walmart as a grocery store as it's more of a "convenience" store in itself. While you're there buying what ever it may be you can pick up some quick food supplies without going out to a Shoppers or Whole Foods.

>every going to whole foods ever
How does it feel to be flushing money down the toilet?

idk, I've only bought produce there. Went during summer once and it was full of poor people's kids D:

>Town & Country

Never heard of that place.

>It seems like everything is just generic versions of mainstream brands, but do they still taste alright?

They have lots of German chocolate (it's a German company). Other stuff is comparable to other stores. They have some deals here and there too.

I haven't been in a year or so. They have some produce, but price points are about the same or higher than Kroger, and it's a bit farther. Their produce isn't as fresh either - a lot of it is in packaging and left out at room temperature too long. It's just not a store I frequent for groceries.

>meme store

Whole foods is the ultimate food bluepill

Whole Foods is worth its price when compared to buying a bunch of cheap, processed, badly exposed products.

>whole foods is cheap
AHAHAHA
>buying processed shit from anywhere
>implying whole foods is inherently healthy

You're doing it wrong if you buy anything processed at regular supermarkets. But I hear whole foods really isn't that expensive if you buy only whole foods there.

>whole foods is worth it
Yeah keep buying the $8 asparagus water and $11 packaged cold cut sandwich
All the produce is significantly more expensive than aldis or even trader joes

It is if you actually know what your doing and by the right things.

All food is processed, shitwit.

>All food is processed, shitwit.
hurrrrrrr all food is genetically modified

durrrrrr ihydrogen monoxide kills thousands every year

hurrrr durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Think about the statement again.

You're acting like someone with my developmental disability.

Assblasted yuppie detected. How does it feel to be throwing money away?

Sorry for your disability.

What disability do you have?

It's for sensible shoppers who want to buy products instead of packaging and brands. All the staples are the same quality you're going to be getting from the bigger brands.

Have yet to purchase anything from one that is inferior to a branded product. The only difference is you're expected to bag your own groceries and return the cart you used.

I actually love the concept as it keeps lazy sloppy people out of the store and they are the same people usually causing issues in line and problems with cashiers.

ITT: People who don't know what processed means.
Sharts.
:^)

it's german owned. germans screwed with walmart when they tried to set up shop in germany. Screw aldi. Never shop there. stay loyal to american walmart.

>hydrogen monoxide
Alcohol does kill thousands a year

Walmart ethics and Employee practices just didn't fly with the Germans, and their practices seem to win us over. so hey guess that means either we are shit or just a buncha weirdos

-t the tastebudless man

They have a European view of workers which means they actually tend to treat them like humans. They let the cashiers sit down to avoid the fatigue and varicose veins that come with standing all day.

Please explain to me how packaging changes flavor of staples.

Butter at Aldi is $2.50 for 4 sticks. It's $4.50 at Walmart. It taste exactly the same as the $4.50 butter. The milk and eggs are cheaper at Aldi.

The canned goods I get taste exactly the same. The difference between them is the label and the brand name.

The mushrooms I buy there are almost half price and are the same quality. The produce I buy there is often better than what I would find in Walmart.

The pasta and other boxed goods are also directly comparable. I can get a 1 pound tube of liverwurst for 2 bucks that taste better than the smaller more expensive farmer John brand I would normally buy.

The chicken salad is comparable to Trader Joes. The knock off they have of Daves killer bread is both cheaper and taste the same.

Fancy boxes don't change anything.

Aldi and Lidl are the kind of shops where they have chicken stocked between camping equipment and water pistols

It's not the hydrogen monoxide in alcohol that kills people.

Walmart failing in germany is a sign of the demise of europe/eurozone, not walmart.

>caring about workers signals the failure of a society
Capitalism is hell

I think the best deal at aldi is that they sell full sized shopping carts for a fucking quarter. I usually get 1 or 2 carts per trip. Currently got 50 of these bad boys parked in my back yard. I dunno how long this price will last, but I'm definitely stocking up.

Aldi that type of store where you find something new each time. Similar to the grocery section at Ocean State Job Lot.

I always return the cart but leave my coin in for the next shopper's convenience :-)

>caring about workers means paying them more than their job is worth and encouraging them to stay in shitty service jobs into their adulthood instead of finding something actually productive to do.
I have worked minimum wage in a shitty job once in my life, when I was 14-16, it was shitty so I applied myself and got a better job. Wowwowow that was a tough one.

For many, it's not there only job.

I pray you never have kids & get a divorce.

*their

Fuck you.

>I pray that you don't make obviously dumb choices then be forced to either life off the tit of the state or force companies to pay you more then your skill is worth

You are an insufferable cunt.

Go walk on water back to your mother's basement. Will you?

Tbqh famalam your the one with the over inflated sense of worth or projecting worth on the worthless

Aldi is great for staples. Things like aluminum foil and plastic bags and stuff. Produce is ok as long as you use it fairly quickly. Meat isn't great quality but it's cheap as fuck so I buy it anyway. Other goods you're going to have to buy to test to check the quality. Things like canned goods and cereal can range from significantly worse to slightly better than your average grocery store. Also their bar chocolate is great but I think their baking chocolate is iffy.

What about cocoa powder? Trader Joe's cocoa powder is the best I've had.

I'm laughing at this post a lot more than I should. Next you'll tell me you got a bunch of carts from fucking Sam's Club.

The quality depends on the country
They are great in Germany

I bought a bag of chips
$1.50 for 9.5oz
the bag was more than half full

I like Aldi now. No opinion on the rest of their stuff, but that was only my first time there. They did have something like 3oz of prosciutto for $4 but I didn't get it

>kek

Protip - you can buy 20 for a quarter if you find a long line. Pretty crazy convoy home though.

Hey bubs

>falling for the inseminating a woman meme
>falling for the marriage meme
I'm sorry that you're an idiot and you think everyone around you must be one too.

I always preferred Morrisons whilst in the UK. I don't really know how it is in the States, but I thought Aldi sucked. Then again, pretty much all supermarkets sucked in terms of meat and veg in the UK. Tesco was such a waste of money. I only got dry goods and such from supermarkets and sourced meat, fish, veg and fruit from the local market.

The only reason I don't do the same back home in Finland is because the outdoor market isn't open in winter and the indoor market is so fucking expensive. The average price/quality ratio and the bare prices are the only reason I go to supermarkets for most of my grocery shopping.

i agree with you, completely, but this isn't the board for that. i hold back my urges to tell these poor guys they've fucked up by falling into that trap

I've never bought it but I'd guess it's about the same quality as their other baking chocolate. They're not gonna beat Trader Joe's on things other than chocolate and produce.

>Reading comprehension

It's worth every penny to avoid the rabble.

This is why I shop at Waitrose.

>avoid the rabble
This is why I shop at 7am on the weekend

don't know
I shop in the Eden that is Wegmans

It's really cheap, but I fucking hate going there.

>/pol/
Sorry OP didnt mention is wifes boyfriends son saves money going there

Fuck off.

>Ocean Stare Job Lot

Rhode Islander detected

Good value, lots of weird European candy and shit. Surprisingly large selection of gluten free foods and mixes. Some of their meat tastes a bit funny, but not necessarily in a bad way.

Got some cranberry white cheddar there the other day, solid 8/10

>Not being lucky enough to meet your partner in crime

>Not wanting to do inane things with them all the time

>Not having a waifu that will cling on you just to huff your man smell

>Not trusting someone who you know is loyal

I know it's not typical but you can find the right person if you're honest and looking for only someone who can meet your standards

.. & then she has her third abortion.

>It's not generic

Generic doesn't mean bad, generic means not name-brand. Aldi sells aldi-brand chips, aldi-brand cleaner, aldi-brand this, aldi-brand that. That's generic. If you were to buy Doritos or Kleenex or Top Ramen, then you'd be buying non-generic; that's name brand.

Aldi is without a doubt a seller of predominately generic items. Whether or not they are quality items is completely detached from that aspect.

Abortion 1 is troublesome but this is the 1rst world we live in.

Abortion 2 is seeking love in times of crisis

Abortion 3 is me being a citizen of the world.

& then I had a kid .

Not particularly good. Their milk rots long before its expiration date, the selection is poor, and their gimmick is to have garbage nobody asked for instead of real products on a weekly basis. But if you're looking for basics to be used immediately then they're alright.

>your doing
>by the right things

Sorry if I don't take my budgetary advice from someone who hasn't even passed middle school English yet.

>he doesn't buy all of his produce from the local liquidation/discount center and all of his grain from the local big box

I feel sorry for people like you who have no money to save because they spent it on bullshit and then complain about capitalism and wealth inequality.

I think I know why walmart failed in germany.

Germans aren't having children. So Germany is basically full of old people. Why would old people change their behavior on short notice? They go to the stores they're used to. There is too much retail inertia in Germany.

So instead of waiting for things to change, which could take decades, Walmart cut its losses and left after 7 years.

Amazon is doing much better in Germany, even with the nasty unions you have there, because younger people order stuff online, and are used to change.

how is aldi a meme its the cheapest grocer in the US and its not bad quality

Nice. In my area the wheels lock up when they leave the perimeter of the store.

ALDI IS AMAZING.
Their meat is so fucking good for the price.
I tend to skip all their own brand chocolate and stuff unless I go in there really high.

As a poor as fuck student, aldis is the shit. Everything they have is dollars cheaper than what I would get at walmart. The only problem is they don't always have the selection. So don't expect to find your activated almonds or unbleached flour or shit like that. Also try to stay away from the frozen food section, that shit has so much added shit. You also gotta be careful on some things that you buy, but most things are damn good. All the condiments are great, flour, sugar, and so on. All of that is fine. Stay away from their pork, its weird. The beef is somewhat okay, and they have damn good deals on chicken sometimes (Just last week they had thighs for 69 cents a pound).

Its an interesting store, but its saved me a shitload. I'd spend 100+ on the same shit at Walmart. I only spend 50ish here for a months worth of food.

Sometimes they also get off-brand cooking supplies that are bad ass. I got a 12 qt pot for 15 dollars here the other day. Glass lid and whatnot. Made a big ass curry in it last week which was bomb.

Point is, don't be afraid to give this one a go, but be careful on what you buy. Bring a quarter for the cart, and bring your own bags.