Anons of Veeky Forums

Anons of Veeky Forums
Give me your best salsa recipe

Other urls found in this thread:

mirrornewsgy.com/mirrornewsgy/index.php/component/k2/item/3707-the-ppp-notes-with-utter-disgust-the-empty-talk-by-prime-minister-moses-nagamootoo-at-his-party’s-recent-press-conference-mr-nagamootoo-was-quoted-in-the-press-stating-that-he-will-“press-harmon-for-the-‘mystery’-documents-from-china”-related-to-t
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

semen with lots of lil' swimmers

tomato, jalapeno, lots of onion, garlic, cilantro, parsley, basil
combine in proportions you find appropriate

ranch

This, but nix the parsley and basil and add fresh squeezed lime juice. Parsley and basil have no business whatsoever in a salsa recipe.

Here's a great recipe for a pretty standard "red salsa" like in OP pic. Let me know if you want recipes for other types and I can share those too.

1 28-oz can of peeled tomatoes (or a similar amount of fresh tomatoes, cooked and peeled).
1 small can of jalapenos (or 2-3 fresh jalapenos, though I think the canned ones taste better in this recipe)
1 medium size raw white or yellow onion
1 tsp ground cumin
a few cloves of raw garlic
dried Arbol chilies (these are where the real heat comes from, so adjust the quanitity to suit your taste).
A handful of fresh cilantro
about 1/2 tsp salt

Directions:
put the onion, cumin, salt, dried Arbol chilies, garlic, and and jalapenos in a blender or food processor. Puree. If the mixture is too thick to blend properly then add a splash of the liquid from the canned tomatoes.

Add the tomatoes (drained), and a small handful of cilantro. Pulse to get the consistency you want.

Be careful with the cilantro. The flavor gets much stronger as the salsa sits, so don't add too much when you first make it. Remember you can always add more if you want but you can't remove it.

For me it's a spicy McChicken...blended up with a jalapeno

Here's a god-tier mexican green sauce.

2 fresh poblanos
4 fresh jalapenos
? fresh green serranos (if you want it really hot)
1 white onion
1 container Crema Mexicana Agria (Mexican sour cream), about 15 oz.

Char the skins on the peppers using a hot grill or a propane torch. Rinse under running water to remove the skins. Remove the seeds/cores from the poblanos. You can decide whether or not to do the same with the jalapenos. If you want it hotter, leave the cores in. If you want it mild leave them out. Note that the crema will cut a lot of the heat on its own.

Roughly chop the onion and the peppers. Toss them in a frying pan on medium heat until the onion turns translucent. You want to sweat the veggies, not brown them. When the onions are translucent, pour in the crema Mexicana and cook, stirring constantly, until heated through. Dump the entire contents of the pan into a blender and puree.

it's good though

i usually just run tomatoes, onion, garlic, hot peppers and cilantro through my juicer with the food mill attachment and call it a day

intrasting

Best Salsa I made was with Black Cobra Peppers, lots of red onion, and heirloom purple tomatoes, garlic, cilantro, and pepper. The color turns out to be a really cool dark purple color and it's fucking great. Obviously you can't pick these up a normal grocery store tho

Cucumber
Tomato
Jalepeno
onion
cilantro
salt
lime juice

Pretty good stuff.

I don't make red salsa usually but my Salsa Verde is pretty fucking solid. I'm a little loose with the ingredients but this is it for the most part:

Slightly over 1 lb of tomatillos, mix of big and small
1/2 of an onion, cut in half but left in two big quarters
2 cloves garlic
1 of those sprig pack things of cilantro
1 lemon fully juiced
3 jalapenos
2 serranos
2 pinches of salt
1 and ½ spoonfuls of veg oil

Prep your vegetables, unwrap and destem all the tomatillos (make sure to clean them well, dirt gets trapped really easily on them). Destem your peppers, leave the seeds in. On a cookie sheet, lay down your peppers, garlic, and onions. Put it on a low broil and let them char, flip half way if you can manage it. The garlic tends to not burn but it does cook a little.

In a separate pot, boil your tomatillos. They're about ready when they start splitting, but I absolutely recommend letting them go a little longer. When they're so cooked they're falling apart, it makes a much better texture for the salsa.

After the tomatillos are boiled and the other vegetables are charred, bring everything together in a food processor with the lemon juice, vegetable oil, and cilantro (you should take the time to chop the cilantro stems before putting them in the processor, otherwise you risk getting a lot of long fibers in your salsa). Blend well, taste, salt, blend again, let it sit, and taste again.

It also makes a good sauce base for Chili Verde if you make it with a pork shoulder, but I would recommend making the salsa and pork shoulder separate, and then incorporate them at the end. In addition, if you're making it into a sauce you should take the time to pour it through a mesh to make sure it's smooth.

You could choose to boil the onions and peppers as well, that's a totally regular way to do it, but I enjoy the flavor of the charred peppers and onions. Don't bother boiling garlic, either do roasted or raw.

This is almost the exact same recipe i use for salsa verde but I've always roasted the tomatillos with the other veggies. Do you think boiling is a better method or is that just how you've always done it?

Never made salsa before but this thread inspired me. Holy shit that was easy, and tastes much better than store bought and about identical to restaurants.

Good job!

>Holy shit that was easy, and tastes much better than store bought

Now realize that applies to 99% of food out there.

I initially started with roasting everything, then I heard about the boiling method and started boiling everything, and settled on what I posted. I think it helps extract a much better flavor since the tomatillos are being thoroughly cooked in the boiling water, while the jalapeno and onion still retain some raw flavor with the outside getting most of the heat. In addition, I think it helps them blend much easier.

I should probably add that boiling can run the risk of losing flavor too, which was one of the reasons I stopped boiling the peppers and onions along with it. In the all boiling recipes I read, they recommended blending all the boiled vegetables together and then slowly blending the water in little by little to get the consistency you want, but it always leaves a lot of water behind.

I like what you're shovelin

boil or broil, wtf?

Habanero, tamarind paste, and sugar, blended smooth and cooked just enough to get rid of the raw taste. Thin with water if necessary.

Tomato
Onion
Salt

Im white

Make guacamole instead. Oh wait, muh avocados. Lol silly murican

Half dozen serranos
two or three habaneros
Six medium tomatoes
cilantro
onion
Salt (NOT TOO MUCH)

Cut a shallow X on the bottom of the tomatoes, dunk them in boiling water for half a minute to loosen the skins.

Char the chiles under the broiler, you have to WATCH THEM, you want the skin to char so you can remove them under running H2O, not get burned to shit

Remove the skins and the seeds+membranes from the chiles

Dice it all up and mix it together. This stuff is fantastic.

Five tomatoes diced.

One can of tomato soup concentrate.

Two cloves of garlic, chopped.

One cup of distilled water.

One teaspoon of red food coloring.

Two cups of boiled spinach.

Secret ingredient: one packet of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese sauce mix (just save the pasta).

A dozen chopped strawberries to add a bit of sweetness.

Mix together and add generous amounts of salt, stir in sauce pan until it's nice and boily. If you want it spicier add some Sriracha liberally and just mix that in.

This looks like a good, standard recipe.

2 avocados
4 to 6 serranos
water
lime juice
salt

Cut serranos and take out the seeds if you are a pussy, put them in a blender with the avocados with half cup of water, the juice of 1 lime, salt and peepper and blend it

done

tamarind paste
chipotles (I use in adobo, since I can't get as is)
bell peppers
red onion
garlic
salt
pepper

roast bell peppers in an oven
mix in a blender or food processor
wa la

Get a few Roma tomatoes an a couple cloves of garlic, sear them in a pan until all sides are blackish, get about 1 small hot pepper, preferably dried for each tomato, put them in a blender, blend, add salt. Mix a little chopped cilantro in there to taste.

Use tomatillos for a salsa verde.

Not for salsa.

>Canned ingredients

JUST

Sauce?

Who the fuck makes up these weird pseudo authentic recipes? My mom comes from a town with literally the word tamarind in it. Guess what theres quite a few tamarind trees in the area. Nobody makes fucking salsa with tamarinds. They use tamarinds in all kinds of ways but not for salsa. Reminds me of an user that was posting a molé recipe with fucking rosemary in it. Fuck i wanted to kill that son of a bitch

Of the poo in loo?

>gibme
no more gibs!
Seriously though, what kind of salsa are we talking about here? Hot? Mild? Traditional? Fusion? Favorite pepper? Blended? Garden? Do you consider relishes which call themselves salsas to be salsas? Put some effort into your thread.

yes

They do it to troll stupid faggots that bite.

I actually believe they are that retarded

Im not gonna ask why you want it im not one to judge. Have fun
mirrornewsgy.com/mirrornewsgy/index.php/component/k2/item/3707-the-ppp-notes-with-utter-disgust-the-empty-talk-by-prime-minister-moses-nagamootoo-at-his-party’s-recent-press-conference-mr-nagamootoo-was-quoted-in-the-press-stating-that-he-will-“press-harmon-for-the-‘mystery’-documents-from-china”-related-to-t

Thanks family

I feel you man. Once you get used to fresh pico de gallo any bottled or canned salsa is almost inedible.

I got you my kin

BBQ sauce with chicken noodle soup and tomatoes, onion, and pork. Enjoy

This.
/thread

roast tomatoes and Serrano peppers under a broiler untill they are a little blackened, put on blender and add salt cilantro and a few pieces of garlic, blend till smooth or chunky. chop an onion and add some too.
done

I didn't say it was authentic at any point.

it's just what I like to do.

>jalapeño

Stopped reading right there. Use real chili peppers gringo.

Stop calling it salsa then. Call it whatever the fuck you want but not salsa

couple peppers
couple onions
a jalapeño
some garlic
big ass can of peeled tomatoes
tiny ass can of tomato paste
1 (one) glug of vinegar
blend

Fuck off you aspie twat.

i'm sorry

If you're making a spicy marinara, you enormous faggit

tomatillo salsa > tomato salsa

my recipe is...go to Aldi, buy salsa

it's good on chips, idk why you're so mad...
really good with salt and vinegar chips actually

Yeah nah cunt. Fuck off with your made up inventions.

>canned tomatoes or "cooked"
>canned jalapeños
>cumin

>calling some sort of dip salsa

>being this memefantastic hipster fagot

>"destem" peppers and leave the seeds in
>flame proof garlic
>using key lime juice and let it oxidize

Not even going to bother pointing out how retarded this is

It sounds like the most regular guacamole EVER and seeing all the shitposting around i'd say the most solid salsa.

Fucking trolls.

>buy jar of salsa
>buy jar of cheese
>buy pound of ground beef
>brown meat
>throw them into a bowl
>serve with chips

what about sour cream?

Sour cream is trash

it's really good with salsa
;-;

your waifu is trash