What does Veeky Forums like at Costco?

What's good at Costco? Anything I should keep an eye out for? I'd love to here your recommendations anons. I'm a new member and it's a little bit overwhelming

The only thing I ever see on here is the occasional bit of memery regarding the food court.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Get a hot dog

A slice of pepperoni

Organic Peanut Butter
That's about it.

Costco is a meme for the elderly adn you fell for it. If I didn't work there I certainly wouldn't shop there.

>mfw the membership is free

>mfw you're a grown up adult who still works at a grocery store while sassing his elders on a Ghanaian baseball stitching enthusiast fan site

The food court is touted because it's cheap, filling, and you can't go wrong with anything there.

That being said, it really depends on what you like. I buy water (40 pk for $3), TP, flour, and laundry detergent because I only have to go once every other month and it's slightly cheaper than buying once a week at a normal store. They've got good produce, good dairy, great meat, and their store brand is comparable with national brands.

I am a lone user who buys most of his food at costco. typical purchases are

greek yogurt tub
frozen berries
fresh brussel sprouts
chicken thighs
ground beef
boneless leg of lamb
browned turkey breast
torta bread rolls
spinach, chicken and lobster raviolis, not frozen
non frozen burritos
red onions
aged parmesan
hummus
pita chips
frozen chicken pot pie
frozen thin margherita pizza
frozen yakitori
canned san marzano tomatoes
pasta
rosted red pepper
multi variety lentils
rice
chicken stock

from the stuff thats not one meal packages like pot pie and burritos I make sandwiches for lunch, pasta sauce, meatballs, burgers, various pasta dishes, chili and pickled onions. Use the turkey, sprouts and onions on the frozen pizza. Make berry smoothies, various stews with other veggies purchased in smaller quantities from elsewhere or just your basic meat veg and grain dish

i get the whole membership thing seems to make alot of people cry BS and MEME but with planning you can do alot and not be wasteful. also I got an exec membership, gave an extra card to a friend. % of all purchases made on that membership goes into its yearly cost and once that is paid you get cash back. From that I get at least $50 back every year.

why is the pizza at costco so good

because it's 800 calories per slice

fuck

I saved almost $800 on gasoline last year from getting my gas at Costco I the membership is worth it.

K-cups
Mobil 1 Oil
Kirkland Paper Towels
Toilet Paper
Mouthwash
Razors
Paper Plates
Plastic Cups
Plastic silverware
Tin foil
Plastic Wrap
Soap
Bottled Water
Eggs
Half & Half
Ny Strip Steak
King Crab Legs
Shrimp Salad
Parmesan Cheese
Peter Lugers Steak Sauce
Smoked Salmon
Tuna Fish
Canned Alaskan Salmon
Thinly Addictives
Cashew Clusters
Crunchy Rice Rollers
Coconut Rolls
Grapefruit
Strawberries
Cherries
Socks
Kirkland Underwear
Tires
Wrapping Paper

trout

california dates (3lb container)

Kirkland vodka.

The kirkland manchego cheese is pretty good, like $13 for a massive brick of it and decent quality compared to what I've had in spain. They're also the only big grocery store here that sells prime grade beef. I always leave with a rotisserie chicken as well.

I buy tons of chicken, the blueberries at my location are pretty amazing, the wine and beer are cheap too, and really good cuts of beef for special occasions, stupid amounts of goat cheese, the kale stem salad with cranberries (fuck that mayo dressing tho,) bulk onions, bulk rice, bulk apples, whole trout. recently tuna stakes, bulk cooking oils, I get the water service too, and Dave's killer bread with 21 grains.

Membership isn't free, Bernout.

if you're making anything with nuts in it in bulk quantities, it's definitely worth going to costco. esp nuts like cashews, walnuts, and pistachios. i actually like to cheat and use their spinach artichoke dip for when im hosting too, i just bake it in the oven with whatever shredded melting cheese i have on hand.

>drive your cage 45 minutes to the costco
>circle the parking lot for 15 minutes road raging at anyone who takes your spot first
>eventually park, walk 15 minutes to the entrance, show your membership card that you paid $100 for
>get a mormon size shopping cart
>load it up with a ton of shit you don't need, in mormon size pallets only
>take occasional breaks to devour a disgusting cylinder of salted mystery meat on a bun because MUH COSTCO EXPERIENCE
>eventually check out
>good job you just bought eight gallons of kirkland aged bourbon, twelve folding lawn chairs, a quartz tag heuer because it was 50% off, more diapers than you'll need even if you somehow manage to have four kids, several gallons of bleach for some reason, and gas for your cage
>spend an hour loading it up
>oops I didn't actually end up with the groceries I came for
>go back inside
>it's all frozen shit anyway
>realize you don't know how to cook
>get in your cage and drive 45 minutes home
>order Papa John's
>die of a heart attack
>thanks obama
The American dream

>cage
>cage
>cage

Adults drive cars broham, try it sometime

Got rid of it 17 years ago. The cage is an obsolete cancer that must be purged for humanity to advance.

The fuck is a cage? Are you referring to a motorized vehicle clue as a cage like some edgy autist fuckwit?

the pills are cheap
i would know i'm a pharmacist

Sorry if I triggered you. The common cager believes the way of the cage is normal. It is an understandable mistake. I believed the same until I woke up.

Some day soon all cages will be welded shut and tossed into the sea to form environmentally sound coral reefs. The cagers who choose to remain inside have made their decision to sacrifice their lives for an abhorrent, outdated way of life. It's best not to be too sentimental about their deaths by drowning.

At any rate please stop derailing this thread.

>At any rate please stop derailing this thread.

Strange to hear that from the person who started the cage bullshit

When I had a membership, I really liked the assortment of sorbets that came in half fruits.
>pineapple
>mango
>coconut
They were all very nice.

You have the social commentary skills and worldview of a 14 year old. In fact, all you really did was recycle the "Walmart is bad, consumerism eats your soul" meme and applied it to a bulk grocery store.

>give her the ol' Zesty Pomegranate my boy, works every time

>a go nowhere pissant gets his superiority on Veeky Forums

>the cage

stopped right there fucko. you're clearly some kind of autist who can't handle enclosed spaces. ur just a baby boy. I bet you haven't even nearned on it

I can get her heavenly coconuts

>can't handle enclosed spaces.

Nah, you've got it wrong. The term "cager" is very old. It started with motorcyclists. The idea was that car owners were locked up away from the true driving/riding experience, whereas the motorcyclist could feel the wind in their hair, uninterrupted vision, and so on. It's been used in that context for decades. It was basically a term that bikers used to put down non-bikers.

But recently the hipsters and the environmentalists found out about it and started using it to insult car owners.

just got this today. pretty good.

>no green tea flavor

matcha tea and it's flavor derivatives are shit

>no pomegranate pictured
????

i agree with a lot of what's been said but i fucking love the pot stickers they sell there. i eat them pretty regularly as a side for a more home-cooked asian meal (like stir fry, teriyaki, etc)

as long as you brown them in the pan before or after you steam them they are great and the soy sauce they come with isn't half bad.

>works at costco
>believes he is qualified to give out life advice

what the fuck are you driving that much for?

I get buying at costco for food; but what the fuck is the deal with people buying clothes and like shit Chinese plastic lawn chairs there?

Prime full packer brisket

How much fucking toilet paper do you use that a wholesale amount only lasts you two months?

Trader Joe's has green tea mochi ice cream balls.

He's a stormfag LARPing as what he thinks environmentalists believe.

Just disregard his shitposting.

Cars are literally freedom of movement. Living in a car is more freedom than paying a landlord every month. Doesn't really make any sense this cager shit.

>Mfw I forgot that the majority of Costco employees are on the floor
Didn't think to specify but I'm the manager.

>standard Veeky Forums shitposting
>suddenly Veeky Forums and /n/ show up to force the derail
Best show all week.

>I will tell everyone that I have very little reading comprehension.

No, you were implying membership is free for more than just the user who works there. Which is bernienomics math.

Wasn't even me, faggot. Plus I voted for Trump. Go read and again, retard.

>mfw the membership is free
Implies all membership is free
>mfw your employer membership is free and you still funpost etc
Does not imply that

Well then you're obviously mentally challenged, and there's no hope for you.

>K-cups
and into the trash goes your opinion

translation: "mooooooom I don't wanna have to go with you to costco on saturdays anymore, I wanna watch anime and shitpost"

Like, the details got so specific that you're clearly projecting your own shit.

>Got rid of it 17 years ago
Also, you got rid of it the year you were born? What a fucking prodigy.

>roleplaying this hard

not him but working as a costco manager isn't exactly glamorous
i don't see a reason to lie about that

Going there in an hour or so, I'll let you guys know what I picked up when I return.

Cool, can you upload a vlog to YouTube as well?

chia
dried figs
hemp hearts
pecans
peppercorns
walnuts
quinoa
yeast
frozen berries
produce

kek

I don't have a Costco near me, but we have Sams Club which is fairly similar from the hat I've heard, and I only go there to load up on canned goods
>gotta be ready 4 the apocalypse

Why does Costco smell better than Sam's?

>environmentalists
You say that like it's a bad thing
Do today's edgy adderall babies understand that homo sapiens needs "the environment" in order to have a good quality of life? That environmentalism isn't strictly about the cute lemurs? There is a good reason why the murder cage (or "the cage" for short) needs to be banned. It's destructive to humanity. Direct fatalities are the equivalent of dozens of jumbo jets going down every month, not including indirect effects in which innocent bystanders are punished by the selfish and myopic behavior of the common cager. If the cage were treated as the disease it is, and solutions subject to free market forces instead of the problem being nurtured at the teat of government sponsorship, it would be eradicated practically overnight. But due to propaganda it is seen as a normal thing to destroy and pollute and kill. A rite of passage that proves you've "made it".

>being an environmentalist is "hip"
As it should be, but I'm not sure this is even true. Today's edgy adderall babies have been taught by Russia Today that the more mercury, lead, and carbon dioxide we pump into the atmosphere the healthier humans will be in the long run. Health effects of our addiction to the cage are some kind of Jewish hoax to these people, six IQ points might as well be six million Jews.

Also food and cooking.

Coconut was godly.

it's a warehouse of garbage and quasihumans. I endorse the mediocre but cheap hearts of palm and substandard but inexpensive frozen berries.

-three packs of air-chilled chickens
-enormous bags of nuts, I really like walnuts in salads and oatmeal
-twelve packs of paper towel, just embrace being as wasteful as possible with it
-parmigiano
-cheap generic pain pills or supplements if you're into that

Croissants.

more food samples, better food court

the sadness in sams is in the air

The two gallon jar pack of artichoke hearts. Also the gallon jar of sun dried tomatoes. Always get them shits when I go.

Also hit the food court for some dank pizza or a hot dog.

>being this much of a tinfoil about cars
Tell me, how do you put on pants in the morning?

You wanna know how I know you're 13?

Water bottles that cost a quarter.

Costco is the cheapest place to get basic food in Hawaii, beside the military base commissaries. I just wish mine had a gas station. You can't beat 4.99 rotisserie chicken and 5.99 1.5l of wine.

Why not get your own R.O. system?

the alcohol is cheap
I would know, I'm an alcohol

One leg at a time. Although I am a better person than you on account of not owning a cage, a television, or a microwave, I am really just a regular normal guy. I bleed red blood just like an ordinary person.

You'd be surprised how down to earth I am. I am no radical, just a conscious thinking person.

>>being an environmentalist is "hip"

That wasn't my claim at all. I was listing two separate groups which have co-opted the term "cager" from the bikers. One of those groups is hipsters. They do it because they think it's cool. It's all about image for them. The other, separate, group is environmentalists. They do it because they believe that cars are evil because they pollute. Two totally separate groups with totally separate motivations.

Speaking of addictions, I wonder why it is that you'll see people bitch about "cages" but are happy to use their cell phone. Do you think this is because they aren't aware of the massive amounts of pollution and environmental harm that comes from mining the rare earth metals needed to make the chips, the screens, and the battery? Not to mention the fact that the phone is literal toxic waste after it breaks (or after it gets upgraded to the latest most hip model every 6 months)? Or do you think that they don't care because it's useful, sort of like cars?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

>tfw ate two slices the other day only to look up and see that on the menu

It's literally what the thread is about

The Mixed Seafood that has Calamari, shrimp, scallops, and mussels.

I don't have a member ship but I go with my friend who does every couple of weeks to pick up the 6 lb cytosport whey and 20 count kirkland proton bars.

I'd rather do gold standard and quest bars, but for the price you can't beat it, quality and taste are not bad either.

If you have the space it's economical to buy large packages of random stuff at a time.

E.g. paper plates, toilet paper, paper towels, toothpaste, plastic cutlery, etc.

As far as food goes it depends on what you like.

Giant bags of oranges / onions / bananas / etc. if you can use it fast enough. The fruit I like to cut up and freeze to make smoothies.

The salmon is decent, so is the chicken. Idk about their beef since I get that from a local farmer but I imagine it's not bad.

The cheese is AMAZING. Get the goat cheese with rosemary.

As far as frozen food I like the potstickers, salmon burgers, mixed veggies, and potato wedges. Don't eat a lot of prepared food, but they're nice when I don't feel like making jiaozi from scratch.

Nuts are way cheaper here than anywhere else I know. Pasta, tomato sauce, snack food, olive oil, salsa, etc. You'll find those mostly in the aisles.

Honestly just wander around and look at stuff. Maybe ask people getting product X if they like it. You don't have to buy the whole store today.

GL user

cooking oil
coffee
garbage bags
toilet paper
tv
ps4

i need one for work, which ironically is mostly spent working on mass transit and renewable energy projects

How much oil do you drink?

I'd prefer to not need to drive, but I'm stuck in a U.S. suburb and not an old world city.

tubs of refined coconut oil for deep frying

then they also have normal sized, harder to find oils like high quality unadulterated evoo and avacado oil

How do you propose humanity advance after losing its most convenient and widespread method of travel? Not everyone lives in a metropolitan urban center

Diss

>proton bars
I know it's plebbit and pendantic to point out spelling mistakes but this was pretty funny desu

It's not a typo. Good exposing that you don't even lift.

everything in the snack bar, you dont need a membership for that

You got 5 dollars. Pretend tax doesn't exist.

What do you get?

Yeah, honestly, if the Kirkland brand protein bars had more flavor options, I would probably never buy Quest bars except for one-offs while out and about and in need of a snack. They're pretty good, and the price is waaaay better than Quest, but damn does cookie dough and brownie get old quick when you eat them every day for weeks.

I just got a membership like last month, and so far, I've just gotten the above-mentioned protein bars, deli meat, sliced cheese, a four pack of Laughing Cow cheese wedges (no h8), vitamins and a giant box of ThinAddictives. This is over the course of three separate trips. I really want to get my ground turkey and other meat from there next. I think I'm ready.

3 polish dogs and 60 oz of soda. There is no other choice.

>I don't own a microwave
>Yet computers, the internet, and wifi (which is same frequency as microwave) are okay as long as I can vomit my paranoid eco-fears

Computers don't heat food faggots. If a computer could make me a chicken sandwich I wouldn't use one either. I own 3 biodegradable graphics cards to lower my e-footprint so what now bitches I don't need a microwave anyway I own an oven and a green fireplace. Dumb fags btfo

I own a used car dealership and gave to fill up often

How big of a faggot can you be

Get the 100 beers dude