Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums

I'm taking a trip to Chicago soon, going to try some 'go 'za for my first time. Where should I get it from?

Lou Malnati's

The nearest soup kitchen

Seconding.

Uno and Due are decent too but not worth the hassle of getting in.

Don't care for Ginos.

There are many great small places too, but Lou's is imo the standout best among the 'big names' in chi' pi'.

Enjoy, OP.

do americans really eat this?

'go 'za is essentially just bread, ketchup and kraft cheese.
You'd be better off making your own rather than travelling to Chiraq.

why do you feel so strongly about something you've never tried?

You sound like a faggot trying to seduce a straight guy.

It doesn't have bread, ketchup or kraft cheese so no, it's really not. Pizza dough is not bread. I can not make a real pizza from wonder bread or bunny bread or italian bread or sour dough bread or pumpertittle bread. Red pizza sauce is not ketchup and most Chicago style pizzas still have chunks of tomato in the sauce itself and is nothing akin to lunchables pizza packs. The normally use whole milk mozzarella sliced thick and layered which has nothing to do with Kraft brand processed cheeses. You're trying so hard you look pathetic as fuck and are equal to the same exact thing as "They don't like what I like so screw you, I'm going home"

>pizza dough is not bread

I don't consider biscuits bread either or english muffins. They are made from dough, yes. But are not bread. You may as well call pasta bread because it has the same ingredients.

well if you think about it he is right
>pizza dough is not bread
it's true, it's not bread untill it has gone into the oven

>composing serious responses to obvious shitposting

>Chiraqi education

Your comparisons don't work here. Take away the toppings and just bake some plain pizza dough and see what comes out of the oven.

A pizza with no toppings?

Lou malnati's

Ginos East downtown is a meme but fun one time

Don't knock it til you try it, cute buns

>ITT; an American considers himself an authority on pizza.

"Chicago" is in America. So yeah. ITT: faggot says faggot ass bull shit trying to sound cool and blow himself while fucking a unicorn.

I love my thin crust pizza loaded with yeast.

>ITT: an American considers himself an authority on geography.
Can't make it up.

Not who you're replying to, but "authority on geography" are you implying Chicago is not in the United States?

Not who you're replying to, but who are you?

Oprah Winfrey

las vegas has a ton of deepdish pizza joints. i ate at 'rosati's' and it was just a fucking giant 7lb piece of dough with some cheese and sauce on top

i havent tried the other deepdish pizza from LV, im kinda scared

That pizza looks delicious. Is there anyway to get it frozen and shipped out of state?

This. Try "the Lou." It's my favorite.

Also, their salads are great with the sweet vinagertte dressing.

I agree with this guy. Lou's is great.

Deep dish is a meme, don't eat it

Also make sure you ask for ketchup on your dogs

This is the correct answer. Specifically, go to the one on E Higgins Road, in Elk Grove Village.

Giordano's is for the tourists. You can try it also, just for the sake of comparison, but it is strictly inferior to Lou's.

Also, hit up a Portillo's (there are friggin 50 of them) for a hot dog, an Italian beef, and a cake shake. Especially the cake shake.

Dont forget to get thin pizza. Not at a place that has deep dish as they use the same crust.

Thin pizza is actually more common than deen

Mugavero's has had the best deep ive ever had. Certainly better than Lou Malnati's or Giordano's. A handful of locations throughout the northwest burbs.

And if you're way out in the northwest burbs, Sals pizza is absolutely the best thin crust I've ever had in Algonquin, IL

Thanks user, this was the kind of answer I was looking for.

I'll look into Portillo's but that sounds like a lot of food.

When I was last in Chiraq, I tried pizza at both Lou Malnati's and Pequod's Pizza. I liked Pequod's better. The pizza I got at Lou Malnati's was a little soggy, but my cousin assured me that it wasn't the norm. So my advice is try any of the more well known places to get an idea of what it is like.

The Art of Pizza is GOAT tier.

Don't get tricked into eating Giordano's. Its a bit too sweet for a pizza

Connies is good too

This. Original pan with sausage and mushrooms is GOAT

>Giordano's is for the tourists
>Make sure to go to the citywide location that's out in Bumfuck Golf Course, Suburbs

Fucking blow me you rich cunt. Go to Lou's, yes, but what the fuck on earth would make you say to go to some shit suburb location? As a tourist?

Lou Malnati's, get the butter-crust (it's extra, and it's worth it, accept NO substitutes)
Avoid Giordano's like the plague
Gino's East isn't that great either

Get a thin crust from Aurelio's, though.
Said before in this thread, thin crust is what real Chicagoans eat more often. I won't call deep-dish JUST for tourists, more like a delicacy. Special occasions. Impractical for a regular night.
And Aurelio's is the best of those. There's one in the Loop, which, granted, I haven't been to. But go for it.

Gotta hit the boat in Elgin. Former /847/ represent.

Lou Malnati's seems to have plainest sauce. Im not a fan, tasted almost like tomato water last time I had it

Lou's and Giordano's are both good, but wildly different. Lou's is more buttery and crunchier. Giordano's is more doughy and their sauce is less sweet.

Tourists go to Uno's which is pretty meh. And fuck anyone in this thread who blabs about the secret deep dish place. It's bad enough already waiting over an hour to get in. Just knock it off.

South suburbs
Fuck ya rich cunts

this this this. stuffed sausage A++