Best food to try in Korea?

Best food to try in Korea?

Besides kimchi and BBQ of course.

Other urls found in this thread:

vice.com/en_us/article/soju-is-responsible-for-the-south-koreans-passed-out-in-the-streets
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2551059/South-Koreans-drink-TWICE-Russians-five-times-Brits.html
youtube.com/watch?v=NE-QP9V22v8
youtube.com/watch?v=GLOYjd2zlSM;
youtube.com/watch?v=-ScSFNv1Ckc
youtube.com/watch?v=PPku9zIhwdk
youtube.com/watch?v=mMZ7Pd0o2aw
youtube.com/watch?v=S_xt0i80fuo
youtube.com/watch?v=AdEw9c9NZ1s
youtube.com/watch?v=C23xd_6bCnw
youtube.com/watch?v=DrhFsarVTto
youtube.com/watch?v=6hL0gDtrJaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Xao8OyCOErw
youtube.com/watch?v=E39S00dYxi8
youtube.com/watch?v=pBy8UdwUnNk
youtube.com/watch?v=z3NvdiZwLNo
youtube.com/watch?v=MPkLqOA7rpI
youtube.com/watch?v=UzZQc1myakg
youtube.com/watch?v=kKFIJCZDWfk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first of all, saying you need to try kimchi is like saying you need to try pickles. there are like a thousand different types of kimchi. a couple of my faves include "kkakdukki" which is a kind often served with soups like seolleongtang (oxtail soup). i would reccomend kkakdukki, baby radish kimchi, and mustard green kimchi if you can find it. in the way of bbq, you have to try fresh samgyupsal (pork belly) in korea, because its the fucking best. (will probably be served with lettuce leaves and a ssamjang sauce, sesame oil and salt+pepper, raw garlic, pepper slices, and these weird pickled radish sheets. put the grilled pork into the sesame oil, then onto the radish sheets, then put the radish sheet n pork into a lettuce wrap and add the sauce and garlic and all that then put it in your mouth.) if you want to splurge on the good shit, try to see if you can find a place that serves hanwoo (said more like hanoo) and thats korean beef thats expensive as fuck but delicious (sorta like wagyu).

other than that, korean cuisine is basically all about soup. try a bunch! shit like yukgaejang (spicy beef soup), daegu maeuntang (spicy cod fish soup), kalbi tang (beef rib soup), doenjangjigae (soy bean stew) etc. if you go in winter, try korean street hotteok (fried pancakes filled with cinnamon sugar). if you go in the summer, naengmyun (cold noodles in iced beef broth with vinegar). drink lots of soju. try some bingsoo (korean shaved ice), esp seolbing. korean fried chicken in korea is out of this world. take advantage of the fact that every restaurant delivers (even mcdonalds. sushi. huge noodle soup places. everything.)

fuck im a faggot i forgot about korean street food. order ddukbokki (spicy rice cakes) and twigim (deep fried tempura shit) and eat them together. dip the twigim into the spicy sauce. its so good. hard mode: order sundae (said soonday) aka korean blood sausage + a side of dry ass internal organs. dip that shit into the sauce too.

>Best food to try in Korea?

We've got some new neighbors who are from Korea. Astonishing aromas when they grill, I can't even guess at all the ingredients. A friend with a Korean wife and in-laws says that sesame oil is a likely ingredient...

I've seen the blood sausage cooking in the stands on the streets but I haven't been brave enough to try it. What's it like?

Not who you're asking, but I've lived in Korea a good bit of time and love almost all Korean food, but the blood sausage was dry and bland. The texture was awful because they use a lot of rice in it. Koreans do many things really well, but not sausage.

Another thing that I didn't like was seonjiguk (coagulated cow or pig blood soup), so maybe I'm just not that wild about how koreans work blood into food.

Yachae hotteok, it's a savoury version of hotteok with stir fried veggies and translucent noodles in it, tastes amazing and is really filling, goes great with soy sauce.

i'm korean, so I've been eating the stuff since i was a kid and i like it fine! if its made poorly its total shit 0/10 would rather eat mice but if its made well than its pretty good honestly. it's blood poured into cut up glass noodles (japchae/dangmyun) and in a natural casing with seasonings, sometimes vegetables. a good way to eat it for the first time is honestly sundaeguk, a soup with it inside!

if its dry thats disgusting but also: its not rice its chopped up noodles. also yeah that coagulated blood soup has always been gross to me, but apparently, its the go to hangover cure in korea?

THATS THAT SHIT. also yachae hobbang (its like one of those big chinese steamed buns but filled with vegetables) is another favorite.

Don't forget traditional Korean beverage Ttongsul. They drink this every day, and South Koreans are the biggest alcoholics in the world because their lives suck so much. They're such alcoholics that companies sometimes have mandated drinking nights for their employees and if you don't imbibe you become an outcast. So trust me when I tell you the South Koreans know their drink and their favourite is the traditional ttongsul drink.

That's bait desu.

Mul-naengmyeon is my absolute favorite.

Every chance I get, I order jajangmyeon at my local Korean restaurant.

thats chinese korean, which is a whole other beast, but is also delicious. other popular chinese korean foods are: jjamppong (spicy seafood noodles) and tangsuyuk (KOREAN SWEET AND SOUR PORK...)

Bibimbap

arr taste same. better off trying some of the fusion stuff than purely korean food,

yuk hae always does it for me

Living there now.

Top 5 for me would be:

Maeun Galbi Jjim
Chadol bagi
Doenjang jjigae
Japchae
Pajeon

Fried chicken, Koreans do fried chicken better than black people in America no joke!

Dog

How is that bait? It is well known that South Koreans are the biggest alcoholics on the planet...

vice.com/en_us/article/soju-is-responsible-for-the-south-koreans-passed-out-in-the-streets

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2551059/South-Koreans-drink-TWICE-Russians-five-times-Brits.html

Ask any fresh off the boat South Korean and they'll tell you how they're constantly drinking to try to get away from their sad depressing lives and they prefer their traditional drinks like soju or ttongsul.

>ttongsul

I agree there is a masculine drinking culture in Korea, but it has nothing to do with depression. They are a relatively crowded, but happy, polite and welcoming people who are very adaptable. I lived in Korea for 6 years, worked as a liaison officer with the ROK army, partied with them, ate dog once only, and never heard anyone, ever mention ttongsul, until I got on Veeky Forums.

You're obviously an ignorant fuckwad.

I couldn't get enough of this spicy beef soup, yukaejang or some shit like that when I was here for Christmas break. It made me eat so many bowls of rice. So satisfying in the winter.

>t. bitter japanese poster

Soju and Makkoli are the preferred drink, or more often Mekju made with Cass

Well, don't forget OB or Crown beer. Those are excellent German lagers established shortly after the Korean war by Germans. Those beers and Soju were the preferred drink by the people I ran with.

However, to give an example of korean hospitality, when I was working in a small farming village I was walking to town from the military base one time, and I met a farmer carrying a jug of homemade Makoli. Fortunately, I knew a fair amount of Hangul, so we started bullshitting and drinking from his jug. A little chalky in texture, tbqh, but enjoyable given the context.

t. I love the Korean people.

Can't get it in Seoul unless you know a place.

Hangul is the script my man

>I lived in Korea for 6 years, worked as a poorly paid english teacher

fixed

The people must know

dog soup
fried silkworm
live octopus
those sea slugs that look like dicks
stinky bean paste soup

welcoming? I've tasted racism for the first time as a westerner in Korea. Fuck that

I bet 100 bucks ur jap

Oh nice, now you can relate with Muslims in anglo saxon countries. Allahu Akhbar.

shit sucks man, i feel for them. Thats why I left Korea. Used to live in Hongdae in Seoul. Which is weird cause its supposed to be the "liberal" part of town

Pig Feet!!!!!!!

Yeah no. I'm half Korean and half German. The disgust on the old people's faces when I walk into a Korean market is surreal. It's cool though. I'm taller.

They definitely don't like blacks. Never experienced it as a white. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Im not black. Im Brazilian of Korean descent. Both of my parents are korean. But the fact I cant speak the language as well as a native like "im suppused to" makes them think im inferior. Just like

Do you live in Korea? Cause the culture thats imbedded in the old imigrants is still active in the native korean population. So you only experience it in places old people hang like cultural markets and malls. I on the other hand, had to deal with it everywhere, from the police officer to the janitor.

You can get like 90% of authentic Korean foods in the states. That said:
Right off the bat as you arrive in Inchon airport, you'll face a porridge place. Try it out.
youtube.com/watch?v=NE-QP9V22v8
Their take on fried chicken, especially the marinated kind
youtube.com/watch?v=GLOYjd2zlSM;
french fry corn dog
youtube.com/watch?v=-ScSFNv1Ckc ;
Yolk-in-cake
youtube.com/watch?v=PPku9zIhwdk ;
"Fish" pastry
youtube.com/watch?v=mMZ7Pd0o2aw ;
steamed ginger pork
youtube.com/watch?v=S_xt0i80fuo ;
river water snail soup
youtube.com/watch?v=AdEw9c9NZ1s ;
stir fried cuttlefish
youtube.com/watch?v=C23xd_6bCnw ;
chow stew
youtube.com/watch?v=DrhFsarVTto ;
roasted beef intestines
youtube.com/watch?v=6hL0gDtrJaQ ;
buckwheat noodles
youtube.com/watch?v=Xao8OyCOErw ;
and of course the best bang for buck, season laver("seaweed") rolls. Laver rolls are their fast food of choice, the national hamburger, if you will.
youtube.com/watch?v=E39S00dYxi8

fuck, I can do this all day.

>Right off the bat as you arrive in Inchon airport, you'll face a porridge place
Dude that place stretches over like 3 miles
I spent an hour walking up and down that place trying to find a bar.
Turns out they just don't have one, since everywhere will just sell you a beer anyway.
A fucking $8 heineken, but a beer nonetheless.

I was sitting alone at a bar (right by the place I was staying right outside Gangnam district, thank god they spoke english cause nobody fucking else did) and some guy sat down next to me.
I pushed my pack of smokes next to him for...I don't even know why, I think out of habit from sharing with the guy I was staying with
Dude spent the rest of the night buying me packs of smokes, jerky, and beer.

Koreans can be some real friendly folk

>drinking
>masculine
>Asian male
Choose one. Everyone knows chinks are the biggest beta faggots, and there is nothing masculine about drinking and passing out on streets because you're not man enough to fix your life. I have been to South Korea and they're not happy, nor welcoming. They're polite because they have to (and because I could step on those little chinks) and it's just a façade. They're always depressed because they're always under pressure to work. Even look at their fucking soap operas, all their themes are centered about some faggot getting a promotion or doing well at work so he can fuck some stupid bitch that acts like a little girl. You ate dog but didn't enjoy ttongsul? This is how I know you're lying...

>Even look at their fucking soap operas, all their themes are centered about some faggot getting a promotion or doing well at work so he can fuck some stupid bitch that acts like a little girl.
>implying he would even get to fuck or even kiss a girl

Good analysis, you still sound like a buttmad white guy, though.

>look at how fuckin stronk masculine white man I am guise, fuck these gooks and chinks amirite?? WOMEN LOVE ME THATS WHY I SHITPOST ON Veeky Forums

hmkay I admit it's been a good minute since I last been there. Anyway, the point was to get OP to try rice porridge.

The best beer in Korea for me, hands down, is the Jespi beer. Real shame that they don't export that too much.

Anyway, continuing on -
mushroom hotpot
youtube.com/watch?v=pBy8UdwUnNk
braised ribs
youtube.com/watch?v=z3NvdiZwLNo
mixed grain powder drink
youtube.com/watch?v=MPkLqOA7rpI
Honey-in-rice cakes
youtube.com/watch?v=UzZQc1myakg
lotus roots(pic related)
buckwheat noodles
youtube.com/watch?v=kKFIJCZDWfk

I think that's enough without overwhelming you. They take coffee as seriously as we do in states, so feel free to stem outside of Starbucks when you get there.

>youtube.com/watch?v=MPkLqOA7rpI

What the fuck am I watching?