Al/ck/

Happy fucking Valentine's Day edition.

ME DRINK LOT

I've been sat waiting for a bunch of packages from Amazon to arrive for the past day and a half so haven't had the chance to go out and get any booze.
Gonna want to have a drunken crywank into my half eaten box of chocolates later.

Will probably play some BF1 and drink a 26oz a whiskey until I pass out

I'm actually pretty happy today. Don't have to worry about some stupid evening and presents that I really don't care about but get anyway just because if I don't the broad will get pissed. I'm gonna drink some whiskey, make some chicken fajitas and be as happy as I can be.

Everything is not that bad, anons. Just let go of all the bullshit and look forward to whatever might happen, and if something bad happens just remember that at least you're not paralyzed/dead, in prison, or you're married to a cheating whore who won't let you see your kids. Cheers.

im staying sober and eating potatoes

Any if you suffer with gout? I get a flare up randomly about two to three times a year.

Laying in bed now after taking 750mg of Naproxen a few hours ago but it's so fucking saw.

Only thing I can put it down to is too much booze plus being a bit dehydrated over the past 2 days.

/sober/ here
what's the deal with alcohol?

It helps you either understand or ignore your feelings better.

This made me want to drink.

where people smoke less they need more alcohol and the other way around.
classy drinks however beat every cigarette for me except for sucking on tits.

>helps you understand or ignore your feelings
>helps you ignore and understand your problems
Ftfy
Having a shitty day? Get so drunk you can hear your thoughts over the BUZZ.

Then have everything you blocked out + all the stupid shit you just did drunken haunt you while you try to sleep.

I don't even feel it this year. I was getting horrendously drunk the past 3 valentine's though.

Day 2 of no drinking. Going good so far. I am sure some dumbass will trigger me later today though

Let me tell you something faggots.

Broke up with gf 2 weeks ago, just when I find out I love her and had feelings for a girl after my first love that was 6 years ago.

I pretty much got dumped the same day I found out I love her. Cried 3 days straight, fucking night shift actually saved me from being emotional wreck.

However, you know what? I've never been so happy, because I found out I can love again. And life is fucking great, first time I'm walking around with a smile on my face in years and having little bursts of laughter as I walk. Not because I love her, but because I can feel love.

faggot

love is actually just fear of loneliness

Nah, loneliness is depression. Love is when you feel calm and happy in almost every situation you face.

Being happy for no reason is one of the biggest signs of a deep-rooted depression, itll make the lows even worse.

Nope, you don't understand. I've been depressed my whole life almost, but this girl has show me I can still love and that's all.

Don't really care about your 'facts', I just know I have never felt so good about life in general and myself :).

I only feel that way when physically with the girl

Lol dude he is completely right. These manic shifts in personality/mood aren't healthy and indicative of the fact that you're still troubled. It's like when you see junkies spend a few days in rehab and start rambling about how they love themselves now and how they love life and how they see the light now etc.. etc.. and then a week later they are back on the dope. Life is shit sometimes. Put your head down and grind it out. You don't have to go from one extreme to another

>not getting blackout drunk and having a hooker come over

I'm getting my dick wet tonight lads

I know exactly what you mean, because I've been through what you've mentioneda lot of times. But this is different and that's all I really got to say, because I know you will still stick to your end of the story. Don't even know why I argue over internet right now trying to convince somebody into how I feel.

I can't "grind things out. I have to have the feeling of having a purpose and that every day is meaningful. As this thinking requires a lot of notions I often get the feeling of myself being the whole problem. Why do I really need the illness I despise? What is the one real and good notion I can have for the rest of my life and not get distracted? I don't know what is right or wrong and what to do is also not clear. I have a moral and ethical compass problem, because since nothing has meaning I must myself give it to it , which I simply can't. Instead of when suffering.

Wew, just experienced my first alcohol withdrawal related spaghetti spilling fest. At checkout while buying beer and smokes yesterday I started shaking uncontrollably the moment I got to the register. It ruined my night after that. I'm scared it'll happen again when I buy lunch today.

>instead of
Except for when suffering.

I once threw up while queueing up in a corner shop, trying to buy two bottles of vodka at 6 AM. Ran out, shouted "sorry everyone", to the five or so people in the queue, threw up more outside, then knocked over a shitload of stuff when I went back inside. I paid with a card that been cut in half by one of my concerned family members, trying to stop me from buying more drink, which I had glued and taped back together. Some people gave me pitying, sympathetic looks, some people were laughing, a couple were simply face palming. Fell over and could barely get back up while walking home, so sat outdoors downing vodka in the rain, until I was remotely stable on my feet again, so stopped falling over and could stop throwing up.
I miss my gf. I've been in total self destruct mode since 2009, when I lost her.
Brb inhaling butane.

Man, you sound like me. Except I have a girlfriend, though I can't tell if she's driving me to drink or I'm just looking for excuses.

jeez dude

you should try being a standup comedian

kill me

I think the most shameful I pulled was when I was at the cinema and told my girlfriend I had to use the bathroom

And instead of using the bathroom I walked to the car in the rain to down some vodka

Why is vodka always the common drink in these stories?

Cause it's cheap.

Why drinking when you can take a shitload of benzos or SSRIs ? What i mean by that is if you drink to forget / cope with a situation there's better "tools" out there to achieve that.

because alcohol is more available and inexpensive

I've been through opiate withdrawl and I don't want to experience benzo withdrawl

>not using all 3 simultaneously
Benzos + booze is a glorious mix. That's proper blackout serum, with added choking-to-death-on-vomit goodness, and addiction so extreme you'll want to die anyway.

Legitimate argument i guess.
Benzo withdrawl would be pretty fucking tough if you quit cold turkey after a decade of usage. Opiate would be way more brutal than that.
Heh.

Opiate withdrawal is relatively easy. I was on smack for year, I was on codeine for five years, I went cold turkey from both. I went through a couple of weeks of hell both times, but within a week I began to feel much better and it was all downhill from there. Booze is a looot worse, not to mention a lot more dangerous, and benzos can simply get infinitely fucked to the core.

Has anyone here ever tried AA? I've been mostly drunk for about a decade now, but have no idea if I should quit or just go for the gold.

I never did AA. But I did find it very helpful to talk to people (friends and family in my case) when I quit drinking.

Yeah this but I've been to a few meetings

Talking to people really helps so AA is pretty good for that.

I'm just worried it will be an awful cult and I'll wind up having to share my feelings and other horse shit.

i need a life coach
do those exist

Way too much religious stuff for my liking

yeah but why would you waste money on something so stupid

Besides saying your name you literally don't have to say anything if you don't want to. The meetings I've been to consisted of one guy talking about alcoholism, or reading from the big AA book and explaining it, and throughout the whole thing anyone who wants to share will give their stories often sounding like this guy In AA you can have someone be your "sponsor" and they help you with your life and help you to not drink so maybe that counts. It's optional though and it's not like they pick one for you.

Yeah they are pretty heavy on the spiritual stuff

Yeah, Jeremy from Peep Show was one. I'd imagine they all have about that level of professionalism.

Do hearing other stories make you feel less shitty? I've done some fucking awful things on binges.

That's what grils are for. Well, that and delicious, warming, romantic Valentine's Day squelching sessions.
>cry, chug, kil

Yeah it kind of helped knowing I wasn't alone in being a fuckup and doing fucked up stuff. I didn't go to that many meetings though so I never got very involved in the community because I'm taking college classes at night now and would rather spend my weekends with friends.

>tfw your gf sucks at life more than you and gives zero advice
>and you're still alone on valentine's day

I drank half a liter last night, blacked out, woke up on my front porch, went inside and lit up, crashed a few hours later.
Don't know how I'm gunna top that today.

As someone who really only drinks beer because it's a slow and steady way to get drunk and I can gauge my drinking somewhat, the times I've gotten drunk off vodka have been when I'm at my lowest. It's because you can take a shot and bam, you feel it.

My favorite is when you pass out and wake up at 6 and get ready for work and walk outside and realize it's dark out and the clock said PM not AM
Followed by more drinking

Has anyone got any experience with the medications used to make it impossible for you to get drunk? Do they work? And if you take more than youre prescribed, will they get you high?

I would call that feeling calm and happy then. Love is to share.
Absolutely 100% these.
I'm really sorry to be so negative toward your mood, and I want you to be happy regardless of the fact that I don't know you, but just be careful.

>wait for post, pretending to be indifferent
>mild, deluded shadow of lingering, diminishing hope
>tfw no valentines card
>in my entire life
I might get blackout drunk and post myself one tonight.

why would you do that fampai

Wait do people actually get cards from the mail

maybe in 1998

I was prescribed Naltrexone for a while, and it is supposed to discourage you from drinking. It's not like Anabuse where it will make you sick if you drink, but Naltrexone is prescribed to help with cravings.
For me it did nothing and I just drank over it all the time not feeling any differently, but there are some options out there.

What's the most fucked up story you heard? I'm wondering if I can top it.

>first time I'm walking around with a smile on my face in years and having little bursts of laughter as I walk

fucking mentalist

JUST.

Seriously this whole story is fucking hilarious. Thanks for the laugh, I mean it.

Yuropoor here. What's with people who are single and not in a relationship and not in love today? What does this great American tradition have in mind for them on valenteins day? What are they supposed to do? Plz explain.

>What does this great American tradition have in mind for them on valenteins day?

i like how you spelled it valentein, makes it sound jewish which is very appropriate since basically the idea behind it is to get people to spend mooney on shit they dont need

Masturbate and watch a romantic comedy to drink and cry and never admit to it.

I just noticed I have a callous on my index finger from opening beer cans all these years. Holy shit.

JUST

How do people actually do it for this long? I'm barely 3 years in and I feel like I'm going to fucking die every single day. My body hurts all over.

Drink the loneliness away

maybe you should quit ;)

>I'm barely 3 years in and I feel like I'm going to fucking die every single day.

For the same reason why you've ben doing it for 3 years and can't stop despite feeling like that. You will still be doing it in 7 years if you don't quit asap.

>naaah I'll quit next week

Stop being a sad cunt

Anyone got some advice on what to add in rice to make it taste better? Going to make some dumplings and I have a shitload of white rice I need to eat. What should I add to make it taste better?

Salt

Exactly. I'm fairly new to Veeky Forums and I find these al/ck/ threads threads fascinating, though very depressing. I've drank 'heavily' whilst being unemployed for the last 7 years. over that period It's been roughly 2-4 nights a week drinking, and I mean 15 full sized cans in my house a night etc, staying up till stupid hours like 6am and even worse at times. I get fucking sick of it after 4-5 days in a row and genuinely feel the need to stop,just to try and feel normal again. I have been lifting the whole time so maybe that's why I haven't gone full blown off the rails yet. I can't stand the idea of being fat, never mind slightly chubby. I hate how my life has turned out as it is and feel like I might as well kill myself if I became an alcoholic. It happened to my older brother and my grandad but I honestly can't see it happening to me. I'm already just drinking two nights a week now becauseI'm trying to get any shit job just to get more work experience, and get some money saved up. Might go to night college at the same time and re-do my GCSE's so I can learn something new. No idea what though. Yes, this was my blog and thanks for reading lads.

I love mixing rice and peas. It's called "Risi-pisi". Add some shredded chicken, some mushrooms, asparagus, and some cream, and you have nice "Frikassee".

Shredded chicken? What does that have to do with fricassee?

Do you even know what fricassee means?

sorry for confusing you, I actually meant the German "Hühnerfrikassee", google image it.

hi al/ck/. i've been sober-ish for about three months. by ish i mean i've hit the bottle about 5 nights in that timeframe. for me that's the best i've ever done in the last 6-7 years.

>tfw still nothing but the abyss inside

why be sober?

please convince me to not go buy some liquor right now

Do you want to be really alone tonight?
At least, it hurts less when you have a few drink.
I am drinking right now and thanks to liquor the pain is much easier to deal with.

is drinking a bottle of wine 9-15% alc and not getting drunk a lot?

i've been playin vidya and drinkin this shit like juice.

i used to just slam a cold bottle of vodka every friday and saturday while watching tv.

Drinking alone on Valentine's Day is so stereotypical. Don't do it guys.

This is my second day sober and I am not tempted at all to drink. You faggots jelly?

Happily spending tonight alone at home with a 12-pack of beer, playing PS2 games, listening to podcasts and masturbating. Laughing at the chumps putting on nice clothes to go spend money on an expensive dinner with some bitch that isn't going to fuck him.

No, I'm only happy when I'm drunk

Not at all.

Going to cook a linguini with clam sauce tonight and probably split a bottle of wine with my wife. Then go downstairs and drink a six pack after she goes to bed.

See how you feel in a week, staring at a hopeless humanity, unable to communicate and have fun in social environments without the lubricant. It's why AA has some success. Alcoholics find a social environment they can exist in without alcohol. You'll be back.

fuck valentines day

fuck people

fuck this gay ass society

fuck my gay ass office job

fuck the scratch on my car

just fuck everything today

not because it's valentine's day, just because fuck today

starting to get the urge to drink again
even though i just got through withdrawals for the most part

same. i feel great and im not even really all that bored but i really want to drink again

Fell off the wagon lol. A month and a half of sobriety gone, thanks Valentine's Day for reminding me I let the greatest thing to ever happen to me leave a month and a half ago. Just sitting here downing a bottle of tequila and a two-liter of ginger ale while watching wrestling. How's everyone else's Tuesday going?

i'm drinking 6 bottles of red wine and watching ippo

I love ippo; I need to rewatch it. What kind of vino, user?

>6 bottles

Hahahaa man u go hard

My birthday today, wrapping up my 12 shift. Going home to my no-internet studio to drink and unironically play blues. All i have is bombay sapphire gin at home. Wish i had some tanquaray rangpur damn