Eggs Benedict

I love Eggs Benedict, but I want a way to make it a bit more interesting. Paprika isn't all that fun. I've tried out chives and diced spinach, that was alright. Anyone got any tips?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BhuFyVX-MAs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tried it with a crab cake? Shit is so awesome with a crab cake.

Make eggs Woodhouse instead

poached eggs will always be a bit boring, no matter the combination they're in, because you cannot put any salt and pepper etc on the yolk

Local joint sells this. Its amazing

Try swapping the ham for smoked salmon and add capers. You could also try making the hollinfase with different kinds of citrus and fats.

Here's two examples:
Capers > Grapefruit hollandaise > egg > onions > smoked salmon > mini bagel

Lime hollandaise > egg > salsa > cornbread

Put Sriracha on it. I put it on literally everything!

Cayenne on the egg is quite nice, as is tarragon, or a little lovage. A friend once prepared eggs benny with tamarind cooked sous vide, came out quite nice.
This is spot on, emmer and sourdough are my favourites for benny.

Smoked salmon is a nice twist on it.

clicked on this thread thinking that's what it was

There's not alot else you can do to it without making it a completely different dish, like having fried eggs on a crunchy corn tortilla but then it's more like huevos rancheros. Just add whatever works for you and don't worry about the technical accuracy of the dish is what I'd suggest.

Pretty much this. If you think eggs Benedict is boring, then make something else. Drastic substitutions and additions mean it is no longer eggs Benedict. And it is supposed to have a mild, delicate flavor, if you want something with bold strong flavors and heavy textures then you picked the wrong vehicle for the job. Simply make something else rather than corrupting an absolute classic.

>Drastic substitutions and additions mean it is no longer eggs Benedict.

OBVIOUSLY

WHO FUCKING CARES

this is the most annoying fucking thing to say, of course there is a taxonomic fucking difference between recipe a and recipe b you wankstain pedant

How do you get perfect poached eggs? I keep fucking it up.

Gf puts them in saran wrap tied with an elastic band then puts them in boiling water. Comes out perfect every time

no they don't, they come out ugly as fuck, moulded by the creases in the plastic. not to mention it's a retarded amount of work.

just use fresh eggs, have the pan on a good simmer so it pushes the white up around the yolk, crack it in from low to the water or use a mug/ladle and you should be fine. i usually turn the heat off after 20 seconds or so.

shut the fuck up

>gives advice
>told to shut the fuck up

Change out the ham and english muffin for other thing that work. I dont even use an english muffin most of the time, I make eggs benedict after I bake some bread and use that, or if you make biscuits, that would work great probably. But on to real changes
>Possible meats
Spam, get the low sodium (I do this more than actual eggs benedict)
Crab cake
Salmon cake
Sausage pattie
add a nice slice of swiss, munster, or gouda
>Eggs
Fry them over medium (solid white, runny yolk) instead of poaching (also something I do because fuck poaching)
>sauce, something Ive seen done but never tired
Gravy, as in from biscuits and gravy, with or without sausage

I do all of that and still get shit eggs, so I might try the plastic bag idea.

asparagus

Where I work we have regular eggs benedict and a version we call pepperjack benedict. That uses sausage patties instead of ham, sautéed, diced onions and red and green peppers on the eggs, and nacho cheese on top instead of hollandaise.

that sounds like pure shart

flyover?

Yeah, but I don't know why it's still on the menu since almost no one orders it. It's what happens when corporate chain places mess with breakfast foods.

Obviously

youtu.be/BhuFyVX-MAs

if you're getting shit eggs you're either not following that, you have old ass eggs or you're agitating the fuck out of them at some stage.

t. homo