ROTH IRA fag here, good thing I only have like $150 worth of crypto pre-deathspiral...

ROTH IRA fag here, good thing I only have like $150 worth of crypto pre-deathspiral. Your excessive risk taking is why you will die poor.

Attached: BitcoinNurse.jpg (480x452, 21K)

i dont really care i have a 15m trust fund

Im 22 and my main investment is my Roth, Im a destined Wagie arent I biz?

nice. same senpai. Only looking to make my own money first so i dont have to stop high quality of life post-college, and dont want to work

Even if this really goes down in flames, I'll still keep pumping a few bucks in here and there and mine with my PC. Some anons are way too heavily invested and I see no discussion of other , more stable, investments.
>I bought the cheapest house in my city last year
>$520 mortgage payment
>$100 goes to equity each month
>When I outgrow the house, I'll buy a bigger one and rent this one out.

I've been taking $100-200 out of allowance for about a year and a half to throw in (obviously wait for best price available).
If I lose it- fuck it. If I dont, that'd be fucking great.
Realistically, I'm in college and would spend it on booze or drugs if I didnt invest. Good news, I've made a sizable profit.

>23
>Roth IRA (25k)
>Standard brokerage (105k)
>Crypto (8k)
>Gold and Silver (1k)
Currently I am putting all my extra money into crypto though. But yes, yearly Roth IRA contributions are the easiest way to become a millionaire

What makes you say it will death spiral?

in how many years will you realize this millions of dollars from your roth ira?

>North Korea launches a series of crude nuclear missiles high into the atmosphere surrounding earth.
>Earth Encompassing EMP goes off
>No immediate death
>multiple blockchains utterly destroyed or hoplessly crippled
>Suicides begin
No reason.

You got started younger than me. Good job for thinking ahead. I spent all my money in college partying. Luckily, I have a decent inheritance coming as a buffer for youthful indiscretions with money.

>Implying I don't have copies of a few blockchains in Faraday cage backed up weekly
And I know I'm not the only one

I just started looking into getting a roth ira. I have a part time job where I can save about $500 a month. I'm looking into mutual funds but I don't know what to look for. I've been putting my money in robinhood and I've made more in a month than if it was sitting in a mutual fund for a whole year. I don't want to lock it up and not make any gains but I also don't want to screw myself out of retirement.

How do you guys balance your accounts?

Attached: house.jpg (1024x678, 117K)

25k 401k
3k crypto
65k in house
20k gold/silver
6k bank account
feeling comfy

Attached: 1513552898208.jpg (1024x997, 128K)

I actually majored in Finance in college. (I work in sales though, so I'm by no means an expert) I generally try and keep things simple. I buy low cost mutual funds in sectors that I think will grow significantly over the next 30 years or so. Tech, Energy, etc. I buy it, and then I don't look at it. I'm investing on a 30 year horizon, so it doesn't require close monitoring. I'll buy riskier assets as well, but with a smaller portion of my overall portfolio. I only happen to own and crypto because I'm mining Ethereum with my gaming pc.
Low cost index funds aren't a bad choice either. They won't make you a millionaire overnight, but they're relatively safe and the returns add up quickly if you invest regularly and don't pull money out

Thanks. Right now I'm looking at making a vanguard account for my roth ira / retirement investments with mutual funds and then have a smaller amount in my robinhood account for individual stock trading. Maybe crypto but I'm not sure yet.

I'm really new to this but that's my plan so far

Irish user here. Its great to see yanks investing in the IRA. Tbh I never knew they were doing such great business

I max out my roth IRA every month, have $150k in crypto, and make $100k at my day job. man I hate being poor.

Roth is fine as long as you Max it out each year and put rest into real investments.
If you aren’t saving/investing 60% of your take home income you will forever be a wage slave.

Taking risks is what life is about. If you can't handle that you may as well kys.

Take your Roth IRA and turn it into a self-directed Roth IRA. Cost about 1200 to 1500 and you can bawl out of control with a portion of your life savings. You can capitalize your Self Directed IRA with as much of your monies as you see fit.

Do it, pussy. I did.

Does that tinfoil hat feel comfy?

Should I or can I get a roth ira if my employer already gives a 401k?

Who’s using who?

Yes and yes

Max out Roth $5500 first, throw rest in 401k until also maxed ($18000 now I believe?) though honestly you should only Max out 401k if you already have much more capital being thrown into other investments, locking up funds in 401k could be an issue

you can make roth contributions to your 401k
thats what i do

heh