How much money goes into corn subsidies and the farm food industry?

How much money goes into corn subsidies and the farm food industry?

Other urls found in this thread:

articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/09/01/what-you-dont-know-about-flavor-enhancers-can-harm-you.aspx
vaccine-tlc.org/human
cbsnews.com/news/pepsis-bizarro-world-boycotted-over-embryonic-cells-linked-to-lo-cal-soda/
nvic.org/
pure-gas.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

far too much

genetically modified corn trash

Space negro fucked up when he tried to use math as to back up his argument.

Goddamn that nigga got a way with words

Trash Ethanol fuel industry is what's causing the problem

How so?

>Ethanol fuel industry
>USA

you what you nigger

From farm.ewg.org:

Corn subsidies totaled $94.3 billion from 1995-2014.

They have it further broken down by year and type of subsidy. Contrast that to SNAP expenditures, and you see quickly which is the biggest drain.

I would gladly see all subsidies trashed. Even Iowa has basically come around to see that corn subsidies are a bigger detriment than help.

Except your dumb ass doesn't into macroeconomics. As a percentage of income the USA has one of the lowest food costs for it's citizens in the entire world. Those subsidies have a positive effect on literally every person in the nation and every level of the economy.

Then why cry, nigger science man? OP, I'm more worried about aborted fetus stuffs in our food and vaccines.

pretty much this.
the government is actually paying for ad space and advertising products they don't even make. Its time to stop subsidizing food, hell its like 75+ years late already

Redpill me on fetus foods.

articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/09/01/what-you-dont-know-about-flavor-enhancers-can-harm-you.aspx

vaccine-tlc.org/human

There's more, but there's a start.

Don't know what you preferred source is, of if you reject ceratain ones, but yeah, there's artciles everywhere.

cbsnews.com/news/pepsis-bizarro-world-boycotted-over-embryonic-cells-linked-to-lo-cal-soda/

This helps to push abortion- so the money isn't so much in the abortions themselves, but in the selling of the tissues. Tos of money made off abortion anyway,

It's too late for you.

t. One of the only one million americans who become wealthy through these vast agricultural welfare payments funded by the 340 million US taxpayers.

Get a real job, leech.

>vaccine-tlc.org/human
>nvic.org/
>anti-vaxxer advocacy group

>mercola

looooooool retard

This.
We grow so much of that yellow bullshit we tried to run our fucking cars on it

reminder that if corn isn't subsidized the cost cost of meat goes up exponentially

>cbsnews.com/news/pepsis-bizarro-world-boycotted-over-embryonic-cells-linked-to-lo-cal-soda/
>Tos of money made off abortion anyway,

This user speaks the truth

good. people eat far too much of that anyways.

shit should be a treat for these fat fucks not a staple of every. single. meal...

Underrated post.

>How much money goes into corn subsidies and the farm food industry?

About $70 billion a year on SNAP, $7 billion a year on agricultural subsidies, and $0.5 billion a year on the corporation for public broadcasting (2/3 TV, 1/3 radio). There are many other farm-related federal expenditures besides crop subsidies, but it can get pretty arbitrary what you include or exclude, so the numbers are rather skewed to support or oppose various political positions.

Good

HFCS will also go up which will be another great benefit. Maybe you fatfucks can wean yourselves off the shit processed beetus "food style products." We might see a corresponding drop in the pharma-medico prices since we won't have you fatfucks requiring continuous treatment beginning in your 30's.

According to the Wall Street Journal, agricultural food subsidies are $20 billion per year, not $7 billion.

>if corn subsidies go away the communists win
No thanks. I don't think anyone wants the United States of California.

Yeah, you can really say any number you want, up to about $100 billion a year (food stamps & nutrition is about 80% of that), it just depends on what you include or exclude. The $7 billion I listed was intended to mean commodity crop price protection subsidies. $20 billion would include things like insurance against crop failure, soil and water conservation, and other expensive programs which could all be considered different forms of subsidies.

>Obesity
>Positive effect

>waaah stop enjoying cheap and delicious things you should all be as miserable as I am waaah

Yeah, a progressive country that isn't stuck in the backwoods sounds really awful, Cletus.

>I'm ok with the government telling me when to eat, when to sleep, where to shit, and what to think about.
I feel that you'll be one of the first to kill themselves when they mandate suicide for nu-males.

>I prefer international megacorporations monopolizing my food supply and telling me what, when and where to eat, where I can shit, and when I can play with muh gun.

Your out house sprang a leak Cletus, and your mouth is overflowing.

>everything is about money
what about genetic diversity, diversity of diet, quality of produce in general, and environmental sustainability?

Not a Burger but I've lived in California for work. Anyone who thinks that having a country that is like one big Cali is insane. It's a state that's essentially a hot blonde who's 45 with stretch makes and a gunt but still thinks she's the prom queen with perky tits.

Should have gone somewhere other than Hollywood and Rodeo Drive. That's on you, not California.

>that car free pedestrian road
ehh not bad tbhq
there may be some hope for california after all

>0.012% of 15 trilliom
>180000000 dollars

Nigga thats some decent money. But I agree, they should cut wellfare first.

What about
>Diversity
>Diversity
>Muh diversity

Fuck off back to sucking dick in your college bathroom

>going to college is bad
>minorities are the problem
lol

>Affirmative action is a good thing

>corn white knights actually want people to subsist on HFCS

You're right, why change something just because our current system is bad, I mean it might get worse!

Good thinking, famalam. Let's give a shitload of our tax money to 1 million or so wealthy landowners, and not feed 60 million hungry people in the worlds richest country. Makes sense.

>white people getting butthurt over affirmative action
you literally invented it to keep us from flooding the best universities, and now it's bad?

can't have it both ways, roundeye. now go mop the floor, remember you wanted paco's jerrrb that he "stole" from you? lazy fuck.

>affirmative action was invented to keep non whites out

Actually it was created out of some retarded sense of worth that they "deserve" to get in even though they dont get up to the same standards as whites.

why not just cut off both?

>why change something just because our current system is bad
It's not about that you literal cuckold, it's about whether or not the government should dictate what people can and cannot do or buy or eat.
If you don't want HFCS then don't buy products with it. There are entire companies employing thousands of people just to cater to your incredibly autistic tastes

>t. Monsanto corporate white knight.

Good goy.

/pol/ has even made its way to Veeky Forums

nothing can stop us now

>us

>Affirmative action was to hurt the majority

FUCKING LOL
Damn do Asians and every minority group have a victim complex? I'm happy I live an a state with a brain that banned affirmative action. It puts race as a criteria and often there are diversity quotas to meet. I know super dumbass native Americans that got into very good colleges just because of their ethnicity

Does it really if we no longer have to pay taxes to subsidize food?

If food is a perfectly viable market as it is, why do we have to subsidize it? It's just a way to protect our farmers at the expense of lower food prices for everyone else. Taxes go towards subsidies, and those may be invisible, but they're definitely there.

What an intelligent, well-founded conclusion you have there.

>They are chemicals that contain no flavor of their own, rather they activate or block taste receptors in your mouth
And that's how you know the article is likely full of shit.
Flavour isn't some property intrinsic to molecules - it's a sensation, and as such exists solely in your head.
The interaction between receptors and molecules is exactly what gives rise to such sensations.

>Must they really use human fetal cells just to make tastier junk foods?
Does it matter that the assay used to screen for useful compounds somehow relies on human fetal cells?

That poorly tested compounds are sneaked into foodstuffs with little information available to the consumer is a perfectly valid concern.
However, the aforementioned issues are more in the line of "science = bad", and seriously detract from any points the article may bring.

Thanks

It's only "cheap"because of subsidies! L2economics

don't leave china, slant

No, it was put in to create a level playing field

You people benefit from it because for every black kid with a 2.5 GPA there are fifty Asian kids with a 4.0 GPA. Black kids are not pushing you into second-tier schools, Asian kids are

And by "you" I mean whites. I use the "you" loosely because we both know you're not UCB material. You're "complaining about Paco the janitor took err jerrrbs" material. But since you brought up affirmative action, I am explaining how it actually would work to your advantage, if you were one of those hard working whites I keep hearing about

Yes? And? Agricultural subsidies are the reason we have cheap food. That's a good thing.

>Black kids are not pushing you into second-tier schools, Asian kids are
But Asians are admitted into colleges with similar-if-not-stricter criteria to white kids?

It's a horrible thing. We should have good food, not cheap food.

Modern industrialized farming has sucked all the flavor out of our produce, poultry, and meat.

>We should have good food, not cheap food.
Are you one of those dipshits that thinks all-organic farming is the future, and dismisses the fact GMO crops are the reason a salad doesnt cost you $35?

Nope. I think organic is a meaingless buzzword.

I don't have a problem with GMO technology either. I just object to how it is being used. Why not focus on making food that tastes better rather than just cheap cheap cheap.

And actually, if supermarket costs were higher I wouldn't have a problem with that. It would be more motivation for people to learn about their food and perhaps grow their own produce.

>Why not focus on making food that tastes better rather than just cheap cheap cheap.
Because one is inherently better for everybody involved. It's more profitable and fills more bellies.
They've been working on reintroducing "flavor" back into oversized GMO crops for a long while now, most notably the tomato. It's not like this isn't something they're unaware of, making extra tasty giant food would sell even more of it.
tl;dr That shit is literally in the works

>It would be more motivation for people to learn about their food and perhaps grow their own produce.
By that logic people on SNAP should be cooking their own meals, growing their own herbs, and so forth, instead of using loopholes to buy giant sacks of frozen tv dinners

But they should.

If we don't subsidize farming, then people will stop farming.

If people stop farming, we will be dependent on foreigners for food.

If we become dependent on foreigners for food, then foreigners can stop sending us food.

If foreigners stop sending us food, people will riot and starve to death.

This is why we continue to subsidize farming.

Since you can't read graphs, let me help you out a bit

Asian applicants with a given score get accepted at lower rates than all other races, i.e., higher qualified Asian applicants are discriminated against to make room for lower qualified whites

Well yeah, but that doesn't mean they will.
Which is kinda the point. Jacking up the price of food isn't gunna make people smarter about buying food, it's just gunna starve them and lead them to worse choices.

>But Asians are admitted into colleges with similar-if-not-stricter criteria to white kids?
Since you can't read English, let me help you a bit.

The original post stated that Asian kids were pushing White kids out of schools, not Black kids pushing White kids out.
I refuted that with the aforementioned data, showing that if anything Asian candidates were admitted under SIMILAR IF NOT STRICTER criteria.

The second isn't even a scientific article. There isn't even a fucking sources cited.

Yeah, we're basically eating ourselves to death because of meat, beef especially.

To This is accurate. Making crops (including cotton and linen) pest and disease resistant and yield heavy are the primary focuses for what I feel should be intuitively obvious reasons. Flavour in foodstuffs is a tertiary concern and can be complicated to implement because taste is somewhat subjective. Manipulating carbohydrate content is daunting enough in it's own, so the fact that biotechnology hasn't given you your fucking tasties from your childhood is but a minor concern. It's being worked on, but that shit takes a lot of time/resources to accomplish.

Stricter because of crybabies like you. Hence my point way back here But nice job repeating what I said and pretending you were the one who said it and trying to conclude the opposite of what it means

>If we don't subsidize farming, then people will stop farming

Wrong.

Natural selection at its best, then. If these retards can't learn how to shop and cook effectively, they deserve to starve. Adapt and survive. This isn't the Stone age where you need to learn to fight back against tigers and shit. We have the internet. Ignorance is a choice.

Cutting hfcs subsidies isn't jacking up the price of food, it's letting the market set the price

A smarter subsidy would be to subsidize the price of healthy stuff

What the fuck are you on about?

>le darwinism meme

It is jacking up the price of food because so much of our foods rely on either
HFCS
Corn byproducts
Ethanol fuel
Or being used as feed for animals, which produce a shitload of the other food we eat

HFCS is terrible for you but that doesnt mean every other enormous benefit of corn subsidizes should be thrown out because of it.

Right.

The goal of the subsidization program is to maintain enough farmers capable of producing food for the entire nation so we don't end up like Zimbabwe.

All gas in the usa has a set amount of ethanol in it dumbass

>Leveling the playing field
Blacks are 12% of the pop so they should only be 12% university population country wide if you are to stupid to make it with the asians you should be treated as such

Thank you for agreeing with me. Whiny whites think the world should be handed to them on a silver platter

*leans into mic*
Wrong.

pure-gas.org

>not subsidizing an industry is the same as kicking out all of the workers in an industry from the country

What are you smoking and where can I get a gram of it? Please take remedial economics.

>the enormous benefit of having nutrient-poor hot dogs and funyuns instead of fresh vegetables and legumes and a moderate amount of animal foods
Keep telling yourself billions of people would starve without microwave tendies

Where is this belief that healthy food will somehow skyrocket in popularity and consumption if corn isn't subsidized?

Getting rid of affirmative action would mean less Asians would be turned away due to the fact they are Asian with high GPAs and test scores

It's almost like you fundamentally don't understand what affirmative actions is

I love the frustration in your posts as you explain my argument back to me and slowly process what it means for you

You need a leg up just as much as the blacks you so despise. You aren't so different from Trayvon after all

How does it feel to be a low achieving roundeye?

don't project, fag

>asian supremacist
yeah man your tiny dick is super bragworthy

>Kicking out the workers of an industry doesn't have the same impact as allowing an industry to be outsourced to foreign workers

>b-but my genitals
Another thing you have in common with the lesser races

don't care, i'm happily engaged to the man i love and have wild gay sex every night while you masturbate alone and cry on your waifu pillow
faggot

>man coming from the outsourcing race calls other races 'lesser'
mmmm no that isn't right, labourer

Ok Milo

>alt right accusations because i disagree with you
my fucking sides

>Pepsi literally puts ground up dead babies into soda
I can't believe it

The fucking GDP of the US and the budget of the federal government aren't the same thing