/COWFEE/

Post coffee and coffee accessories in this ITT!

What coffee-related memes have you bought lately?
Did you regret it?

It's literally hot bean juice that you mix with milk to make it not taste like shit.

You didn't answer the second question.

I cum in my coffee

Yes, like everything else.

Black coffee is like a really heavy oily black tea that tastes the way it smells, but only when you mask the oils.
Boiling water will make it acidic and using water that's not hot enough will leave a bitter cup.

You add a bit of milk to bring out the flavors masked by the heavy oils, and it allows the flavor profile to fill your whole mouth, if that makes any sense.

this horrendous meme for the aeropress

I have no money for an espresso machine but I'm obsessed with americanos so hopefully this will do.

if I cant get the proper ground/recipe then yes I'm going to deeply regret this

is this an actual way to make coffee or just another anime meme

bought a 20g ridgeless vst basket. went from being to dose 16g on my stock basket to 22g ground two notches finer. completely fucking worth it.

Just get nice beans, grind them med/fine, and then use the inverted brewing method where you assemble the tubes, turn them upside down, dump in your shit and 200f water and let it sit for 3-5 minutes before putting the cap on (with paper filter wetted and stuck in), and pressing into your cup.

it's called a vacuum siphon
it's an elaborate french press that exists mostly for the presentation value, you wouldn't use this shit in your house unless you're autistic

unfortunately most of the fatty oils of coffee are lost through the paper filter which makes espresso drinks so bitter/citrus, hence the metal filter i bought

you think a moka pot would be any better?

Mixing it with milk makes it taste like shit.

>Post coffee and coffee accessories
>What coffee-related memes have you bought lately
i remember my first time drinking coffee.

I like my coffee black and to taste like dirt.
I legitimately don't taste much of a difference between the shit I buy by the tub and the hipster artisan shit I get handed sometimes.

>"oh user try a cup of this. i just grounded it, it's called autistic goat fart"
>*sip*
>"huh. tastes like coffee."

the only bad coffee is if its watered down

>Boiling water will make it acidic
By that logic freezing water would make it basic

I drink this crap every other day and convinced myself that I "like" it.

But I also hate myself.

>instant coffee
>acknowledge that you hate yourself
not much I can do here

Do you smoke?

Is this the tea thread?

no this is cowfee thread

I bought into the cold bottled coffee meme. It cost like 4 bucks for a ten ounce bottle.

It was just fucking yesterday's filter coffee as far as I could tell. I could make my own for a tenth of the price, or just buy a canned coffee from the Korean supermarket for like a dollar. Buyer's remorse I tell you whut.

Why? It's about as easy to make it from a pot than to boil water then mix it.

Can you not afford a 40 dollar coffee machine?

K a girl I know microwaved her cup before putting coffee in it because she said the cold cup can stimulate the hot coffee somehow and give it a slight bitter taste. Is this true or no?

>be watching coffee gear review video
>"ok let's just preheat the mug"
>close video

cold coffee can be really nice if you make it yourself. Its less acidic but more caffeinated than normal coffee. Its more like an energy drink.
Just leave a cafetiere full of icewater and grounds in the fridge over night. Filter it and drink diluted down 1:1 with water or milk in the morning.

yeah, I don't mind a cold brew, especially Vietnamese style with a little condensed milk on ice, but this was pretty standard and kinda gross coffee. would not get again.

oh okay. That does sounds pretty dire m8ty. here's hoping you make better product choices in the future.

>Why?
I don't know. Convenience?

>Can you not afford a 40 dollar coffee machine?
I own two perfectly functional coffee makers.

I bought a French press and it's arriving today. What to do now? Not a coffee drinker but want to get into it.

Find some beans that you like and some fresh whole nutmeg and peppercorns to grate and crack into your grounds.

Make coffee with it and realize it's probably not worth the hassle for you. Stick it in the cabinet to only come out on weekends where you decide to have a nice brunch.

I prefer a pinch of salt. Maybe a teaspoon of sugar per cup.

I preheat my cup with boiling water. Not for that reason, I just want my coffee hot. I'm minimizing heat loss to the cup.

What are you going to do with it at a brunch? A large press is like five cups.

Make more when you run out? It's easy and quick and you get fresh coffee every time.

Experiment with different variables (water temp, grind size, coffee amount, water amount) before you come across a ratio you're happy with.

Personally, I use 1:25, and I don't have a fancy kettle so I guess the water temperature by stopping the boil when the water is 10 seconds into a rolling boil and the steam starts to sting my hands.

as pretentious as these methods sound
The goal is always to keep it at the right temperature
By that logic I never fill up to more than half a teacup because that shit hits room temp if i fill it to the brim

I bought a bag of ""organic"" beans and they're oily as fuck and also very dark despite being a "medium roast".

I've never seen this before, does this mean they're stale?

I'm a third world NEET (technically, I'm a jobless postgrad which is even worse) so I can;t afford fresh beans.

They're expensive as fuck here. I did the math and a cup of coffee made from freshly grounded beans costs the same as my lunch if I eat outside.

Even pre ground coffee beans are kinda expensive compared to pre mixed coffee that everyone drinks here. They're usually mixed with margarine as sugar and taste like shit if you don't add sweetened condensed milk or a heap of sugar in them.

I just bought a cheap plastic pour over cone and paper filters and use them twice a day.

Pretty good even though it could be better. Maybe once I get a job.

>a third world NEET (technically, I'm a jobless postgrad which is even worse)

...what the fuck did you get your degree in? Interpretive Feminist Dance Theory?

This entire post is terrible

I make brunch only for myself usually, so it's more than enough

it's true.
>reddit spacing
>blogging
>parenthesis to clarify you were blogging
>poorfag bitching about getting a job
If you didn't redditspace I wouldn't have noticed.

Absolutely delicious.

>margarine

What? Like bulletproof coffee?

Nah the beans are shitty so they add stuff while roasting to mask the shitty flavour. Local coffee is usually 50% coffee beans and 50℅ other stuff (sugar, salt, margarine).

this is better

I'll keep an eye out for it, thanks for the heads up

how the fuck do I get my french press plunger assembly to stop smelling like coffee
the filter especially

I scrub that shit hard and it still smells

same with my contigo mug's lid

wtfffffff

plunge it up your ass

or wash it with vinegar, whatever tickles your fancy

why should it matter if your coffee maker smells like coffee.

because french press is garbage way to make coffee

thank you

1. I'm scared there still might be oils that will go bad
2. I've been trying out different samples and this ethiopian bean I tried last smells horrible

This is better

>taking women seriously

What's the best cheap coffee you've ever had?

Target's archer farms stuff is solid for the price.

Just buy high quality stuff less often instead

>use 1:15-17 ratio of coffee to water
>have a thermometer so that you don't over extract coffee with water that is too hot (don't go over 205 f)
>grind the beans yourself, coarse not fine.
>4 minute brew time
>add a paper filter to the mesh plunger (keeps the finer grinds from coming through and creating oils)

Start there and then do as says (however, 1 to 25 is waaaay to watered down). Learn to make consistent good cups first. Then play with the variables.

better stop drinking coffee
too many health problems associated with it

kill yourself

the coffee beans they sell at ikea are surprisingly good, all things considered
it's like $8/lb

I can see that coffee is already killing your brain cells
yes go ahead and drink more of that poison

Any downsides to getting a smaller press?

it makes less coffee

i'm not a fan

yes. with smaller press you will be making less shitty coffee

Where (on the internet) is Veeky Forums buying their coffee the days? I'm down to just a few days to a week's worth of beans left and i want to try something different than what I'm normally getting.

I've been buying a lot of medium roast single-origin beans, mostly from South America, this past year. I'm hoping someone can recommend some good medium roast blends from any origin.

I recently tried Happy Mug's "Bear Blend" and it was just okay made in my press.

Used to do Paradise then they downgraded their shipping to First Class without saying anything

Was doing George Howell for a bit, still the best beans around IMO but the shipping is stupidly expensive and I was getting beans roasted the week before they were shipped

Same goes for Intelligentsia, stale beans shipped

I got my first order from Metropolis today, looking forward to trying it in the morning. Reasonable UPS shipping and the beans were roasted the day they shipped

Lot of people shilling Happy Mug but they seem to favor medium and darker roasts, which isn't my thing

You know, if every coffee place is doing things the same way, maybe coffee is more shelf stable than you think.

Or at least, nobody is as autistic as you when it comes to "freshness".

>ordering mystery plant matter over the internet
the mark of the druggie

Cool, I've recently moved out from my living with a roommate and won't need to make as much coffee anymore. Looking for alternatives to my 8cup press.

I got a Bear Blend sample, gonna try it tomorrow. Reviews say it's amazing. I've also tried the Honey Processed Costa Rican which was okay, nothing like everyone says though. It makes me think I did something wrong.

Also tried Sophisticated Ethiopia, which was really not my thing at all. Just didn't like the taste or even aroma for that matter.

I bought mexico """organic""" beans from costco and they're very oily.
Also, it says medium roast yet it's really dark, i really doubt it was ever a medium roast.

I got over it though.

>anime

out

Where do I obtain this item? The espresso I have was a 'hey look at this weird item for about a month' thing my local grocery store was doing.

typical bullshit marketing, they just print Medium so people will buy their shitty grade coffee,
if those beans were roasted to true Medium they would taste like shit,typical scam by commercial coffee producers.
drinking coffee is such a bullshit with all those toxic chemicals sprayed on it and toxic molds growing on the beans and roasting levels scams.
fuck coffee in the ass, useless shit

What's your favorite K-cup?

Ok Mr. Chang I will buy some of your tea, please just don't shit up my coffee thread

are you ok?

rate my setup~

I don't drink fucking tea and I think your coffee scams are despicable act to trick people
so you can make money selling shitty products most of it full of chemicals.
Why don't you give people advice how to avoid drinking coffee that is full of toxic fertilizers and pesticides so they can avoid getting cancer.
And why don't you warn people that dark roast coffee is carcinogenic that is causing cancer big time and that was proven over and over by scientists,
it's a scientific fact that when you burn coffee beans to such dark level you changing chemical structure and the sugars and oils and proteins
inside coffee beans become cancer causing elements because they were heated to such high temperatures.

Why are you hiding this information from people?

nice plastic hot water dispenser, faggot.

Woah so you are a kombucha salesman???

>I get all of my news from clickbait posted on facebook

i sell nothing, i just found out that coffee is dirty dishonest business and that majority coffee on the market is very unhealthy
for people to consume and you guys know that but because you are dishonest and greedy,
you are hiding this information from people on purpose.

and from solid scientific studies

Check the Ethnic aisle in your grocery store. Will be with the latin products.

are you niggas joking? that cheap mexican shit is fucking disgusting

I like super bitter coffee that tastes like it's been burnt, so I like cheap coffee. Don't really want to pay a lot for coffee since I drink so much of it, tbqh

If you have other recommendations I'm all ears

I take it black like a real man I'm tough as fuck bitch don't fuck with me OR my wifes son ever again!

if i'm going on a road trip, should i buy instant coffee? i think i cant live with less than two cups of coffee a day and i (literally) don't remember how instant coffee was, is it really that bad? I'm DESPERATE

lavazza cafe d'oro is the only thing at the grocery store i will touch, but it's pretty shit compared to fresh roasted tbqh senpai

it's bad enough that I'd sooner buy a few thermoses and drink old coffee. also: the place you're driving and the place in between will have coffeeshops.

alright, so if I were to get fresh coffee beans, what beans are the best for a dark coffee?

french roast which is usually a dark or medium dark roast.

>the place you're driving and the place in between will have coffeeshops.
i won't be able to buy 2 cups a day, so i think i'm going to buy a vacuum bottle and put the two coffees there, it's going to be hard not to drink all in once but i know i can.

your wife is a whore and your son gay,so there.
o and you are a wimp

There really is a difference in flavor between 2-3 days after the beans are roasted and 10+ days; it's not super dramatic, but it's noticable. I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to buy fresh roasted beans and not buying beans that aren't super fresh.

Honestly, i could strawman your argument into one about how the majority of people in the world drink something like Foldgers or instant, that's how silly what you posted is.