Is this a meme or is it actually good

is this a meme or is it actually good

Right up there with onions. Fag.

>Is this a meme?

Yeah, im not going to give you a bump...

If it's more work and tastes the same, it's meme shit.
This can be applied to basically everything in life.

but its basically a moka pot but glass so no metal taste

surely its not a meme right guise?

automatic drip coffee makers are the most efficient way to make coffee
t. world renown coffee expert

i dont care about efficiency mr coffee expert, i want taste damnit

They are fucking great, but trying to find those replasement parts is a pain in the ass. Especially if the model went out of sale decades ago.
Seriously the coffee is really good in those things.

No it's not you fuckwit.

You know that sage doesn't function anymore, right?

This thing looks retarded. Put pot of water on stove. Stick glass bowl on top and pour in grinds. Water moves up into grinds. Take off stove top. Water flows down making coffee. What is the difference between this and a $10 Mr Coffee at Walmart? In those, the steam goes up into the grinds, turns to water as it cools, flows through grinds and into pot below. Same thing isn't it? Except now more fragile and faggy? There is Mr coffee tier and there is real coffee. Meme isn't the right word but scamming might be closer.

Really?

CHINKMOOT DOES IT AGAIN

testing

It does.

thankd

Meme.

You cannot precisely control the temperature at which the water contacts the grinds, meaning you cannot control the extraction process precisely. A pour-over or a French press would be better.

I was gifted one a few years back, a bodum pebo.

It makes about allmost as good a cup as the french press. The key to this device is to treat it as a french press, you can controll everything but the watertemp.

Is it a meme? No.
Is it efficient? No.
Is it a way to show off? Yes.
Does it make a decent cup of coffee? Yes.

what

you cannot control any temp unless you have an espresso machine, drip machine, or one of those heat induction stoves for your tea kettle.

French press is simply preference, but a pour over uses paper filters which filters all the oils and fats of coffee so fuck that

paper filter vs metal one, its practically a french press but allows for finer grinds

I have been controlling temperature for years without either of those things, just use a thermometer and Imagination with some trial and error.

I wrap my french press in some insulating material to keep it from cooling too fast.

No. You can precisely control the temperature of the water you put INTO a pour-over or French press.

A good espresso machine can have the water temperature it extracts at adjusted. Drip machines virtually never have any ability to adjust water temperature. Vacuum pots cannot have that variable finely controlled either.

Furthermore, the choice between paper filters and non-paper filters is one of personal preference as each of the two conceals certain flavors and reveals others in coffee.

Specifically, if you leave the oils in the finished coffee it conceals the bright notes, and if you remove the oils you reveal the brights. One is not better than the other, it depends on which flavors you want to conceal and which you want to taste.

>allmost as good a cup as the french press.
So then not as good as an aeropress.
Dont need one then.

Wew lad.

They're great and look cool but fuck cleaning it.

glass is important because when heat is applied to metals they release certain things and they will leech into the liquid

plastics are even worse

some metals are even toxic