Least Favorite Local Fare

Post the least favorite thing that originates in your state/country/area/region/whatever.

The goddamn California burrito.
I don't want or like rice in my burritos, and I sure as FUCK don't want french fries in my burritos. It's just filler. And what makes it worse, is that then all the burrito places just use french fries as the potato component in all their burritos, so if I order a chorizo, egg, and potato burrito, it's going to be full of fries too. Fuck that shit. There's plenty of good mexican food here, but fuck those burritos.

>I don't want rice in my burritos
so you want fajitas

No, I want a fucking burrito. Rice doesn't belong in burritos. It's filler. I don't mind rice as a side dish, but rice in burritos is shit tier.

This fucking garbage. Literally any other fish is 100 times better. Salmon a shit.

>post the least favourite thing that originates from your country
Aboriginals.

kek

I think rice in a burrito is fine, as long as it isn't 90 percent of it.

bump

>Philadelphia

Scrapple is fucking disgusting

Go Za.

>Vancouver

Sushi with fucking cream cheese in it and/or it's deep fried. Absolutely disgusting.

We also get a lot of poutine, wish those Franks had kept it to themselves. Kinda gross to eat as a meal.

This disgusting fucking pig slop.

I fucking hate marinara sauce as it is, but here its fucking steaming hot on top. its nasty, and its like an inch thick. Any topics are in the sauce and when prepared they are essentially boil in there, and are fucking awful.

fucking hate chicago style pizza.

BUT apparently Chicago cuts their regular pizza in squares which is weird, but works out very well when eating with friends.

its regional. i take it you are from southern california? different mexicans make different mexican food

No, I'm not from SoCal , but I've lived in NorCal for nearly a decade, and I still will never get behind the fucking rice and/or french fries in burritos. It's jut WRONG.

Pittsburgh. I hate this stupid fucking sandwich.
>Three inches of plain white untoasted Italian bread
> One inch of crappy slaw
>Handful of flavorless French fries
>A few slices of your choice deli meat

At least it will always fall apart in your hands, though, and be a pain in the ass to eat.

Putting french fries inside anything like a burger should be punishable by death.

Its literally the worst fucking thing you can do. Its fucking bad enough that 90% of french fries out there are utter, tasteless filler trash, its not being forced inside something.

I fucking hate french fries so fucking much. I'll eat them if they are good, but this is almost never.

It has the texture of a crabcake and zero flavor.

you sound autistic as fuck

Wish I could say I had a least favorite local fare... but I live down here by the San Diego / Mexico border... everything is fucking delicious....

You aren't getting the real thing if you hate Cali Buritos.

>Carne asada
>Fries
>Guac
>Sour cream

That's all that should be in them.
No pico.
No rice.
Nothing else.

I was severely disappointed when I had one of these in the very city they came from.

I went to a place where they made their own version of the sandwich that was 10 times more flavorful. Better fries, better slaw, better sausage. It was more expensive, but holy shit it tasted like an awesome sandwich, not a bland something that feels like my aunt made it.

Primantis ssandwiches are one of the things I'll get unironically autistic about. They're terrible, bland sandwiches. Literally invented so old school truckers could shovel a whole meal in their maw with one hand while driving.
Pittsburgh has a ton of awesome restaurants, and Polish/Eastern European eateries that are much more traditional than that shit sandwich.

But Noooo, you go to Pittsburgh, yinz gotta get a Primantis!!!

Fucking Commie Bastard. Go eat a bowl of borscht.

FRIES SUCK IN BURRITOS.
Goddamn, how hard is this to understand?

Salmon is fantastic because it has the meaty consistency of flesh based proteins like beef and pork. And no, no "other fish" is 100 times better than salmon.

Agriculturally, Michigan grows some consistently shitty russet potatoes, but keeps on trying. The soil and climate just aren't right for them. They might be fresher, and 10%-20% cheaper than Idaho spuds, but are always regrettable.

>FRIES SUCK IN BURRITOS.

What are you, some kind of communist?
Take the hint, you dragon vodka loving fuck. We don't care what you think!

Louisville, KY

>lived in norcal for nearly a decade

i dont think that you have had real mexican food, it only comes from california, arizona, and new mexico, and most of it contains rice, as rice is a staple.

another bump

Jambalya. Every time I've had it, it has been dry and void of flavor. I also dont like red beans and rice

Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletina, New Haven CT.
Utter trash and overpriced.

What a delicious 'go 'za!

But seriously, that should be classified as a lasagna more than anything

You guys should try gravlax, tastes so fucking great.

Kys t.b.h f.a.m baka fr tf

You sir, are trash. Sal makes a good pizza too.

Where did Mexicans get their rice from?

It doesn't grow anywhere outside of Asia

The clam pie is amazing. Almost as good as Lee's on Staten Island.

IT'S NOT EVEN FROM HERE
IT WAS INVENTED IN FUCKING NEW YORK

To be more on topic though, this shit is fucking nasty.
It's whitefish and fat mixed with berries. Vile.

B-but I like gumbo, c-coullion!

>>Carne asada
>>Fries
>>Cheese
>>Salsa
>That's all that should be in them

FTFY

I live in a valley in the rockies. All ive ever eaten is this, but it's pretty good. Dunno if we make anything else.

Burritos suck anyways.

If you think that's bad you would hate Giordano's

Can't really think of a local NY food that I hate, but we do seem to think our sushi is god-tier when compared with California it's pretty meh and compared to Japanese it's pure garbage.

True. Most NYC food is all right, but the sushi here is massively overrated and overpriced. If I had to pick a NYC dish that I actually hate it would have to be General Tso's chicken, which wasn't invented here, but introduced to the US here. It's a shit dish.

I've had Giordano's when I was in Chicago and thought it was really good. Added lots of Tabasco sauce.

I got mine with spinach, garlic, and onion and it was fantastic

Agreed, Sushi can be dumb expensive in a dumb expensive place.

Also general Tso's chicken is essentially fast food chinese food anyway, and its one of the shitter chinese fast food so i guess u rite.

I lived in both AZ and TX before that, so fuck off, I know Mexican food. Rice in burritos is a shitty Mission thing.

>Polish/Eastern European eateries
Ever have Max's on the North Side? Fucking awesome

Burritos originated in California anyways, so burritos without rice are the weird ones.

It's a guilty pleasure sometimes, though

> so burritos without rice are the best ones.

FTFY

>burrito without rice
These exist?

Idk, I can appreciate both. Depends on the meat.

The fun thing about eating in NYC is that there are guilty pleasures at just about every price point, and the cheap ones can be as pleasurable as the expensive ones.

>Hot brown
Aight where the fuck are you from
If it's where I think we're going to have to fight

Max's Allegheny Tavern? Oh fuck yes. My wife is a German teacher, once a year she gets trays of food from Max's for her class and brings the leftovers home. Kraut and red cabbage and schnitzel and sausage for days

I am a northern california and I had never had one of those until I went to some del taco or something and they put shitty fries in it like it was normal. Maybe it would have been good if the fries were decent. Still haven't seen them on the menu anywhere also.

Rommegrot: porridge made from sour cream

Fårikål: boiled mutton and cabbage

Boiled cods heads

Boiled cod roe

Sylte: head cheese

Lammerull: headcheese made from lamb

medisterpolse: sausage with more lard than average sausage, unsmoked and unseasoned

ribbe: roasted pork belly

1000 different types of pickled fish

rakfisk: fermented salmon or trout

>tfw I live i 15 min away

Milford here.

Wonder how many other Veeky Forums anons

You must not go to many taquerias, then. Because every single one around me has the ubiquitous "California burrito" with the damn fries in it.

>pic related
White asparagus is bland. It has a fibrous texture and tastes slightly bitter. That is all. Still everyone creams their pants over it from April to June each year and eats this shit every other day.
North German cuisine is pretty awful in general unless you're looking for beer and bread.
>Every time I've had it, it has been dry and void of flavor
Did you accidentally order wonderbread instead of Jambalaya? I seriously can't imagine how a dish of various meats, vegetables, spices and rice can lack in flavor.

>ordering burritos at a taqueria

Go back to Turkey, Mehmet

>implying I order burritos at taquerias

Just because I know what's on the menu, doesn't mean I order it. THINK.

>North German cuisine is pretty awful in general unless you're looking for beer and bread

Fuuuuuuck you buddy, Northern German food is delicious.

What foods do you like?

>louisville
>kentucky
Might as well be a shittier cincinnati.

No one wants horse here

>Shittier than cinci
Is this possible? Someone fact check please

>wants horse
*Eats horse

Lungmos. Literally translates as lung mash. Which is what it literally is.

I would if I could get it.

They're simply not that good unless you bread and deep fry them and serve with some sort of sauce

pansy

Pölsa is just sausage filling without the casing though, and isn't made from lungs for that matter. Just some ground beef, liver and heart. Which is fairly standard.

>TX
>real mexican food

LMAO do you think that nacho cheese belongs in burritos too?

At least cinci has good places to eat. Fucking best place in Louisville is hammerheadsmo which is hipster as fuck. Also the fuckING murder rate in Louisville between nig nogs is going up so quickly.

I probably would too yeah, but it doesn't sound like it would be that good.
If it's anything like Elk though it would be awesome.

Speaking of Elk, any other Louisville fucks here should check out Hammerheads on Swan street off W.Broadway.
It's fucking great and you deserve to go.
Get the fried mushroom plate.

>hammerheads
Oh wow, hammerheads mind.
Have you tried Migo yet? Same owners and still hipster as fuck but shit man, I can vouch for the food being good.

If you need places to eat I'm a veritable font of dinner ideas.

>isnt made from lungs
Here's a fucking recipe from fucking Tore Wretman:
1 Hjärtslag av kalv eller möjligen svin (består av hjärta och lungor)
2 rödlökar i skivor, 10 kryddpepparkorn, 10 vitpepparkorn, 2 lagerblad
1 tsk timjan, 1 tsk mejram, 1 purjolök, 1 liten morot, 1 liten bit selleri,
3 rensade anjovisar (passerade genom sikt)

For those of you who don't know who Tore is he's the grandfather of swedish cooking. For those of you who don't read the language of the nordic gods: the first line is a term denoting the contents of the upper body cavity of an animal, clarifying that the ingredients needed are the heart and lungs.

So please, , go choke on a spud.

It isn't the 50s anymore user. The vast majority of people don't use lungs when cooking the dish anymore.

>lungmos isnt made with lungs because people make pölsa instead
Fuck off.

Now kiss

>not just checking the ingredients list

You obviously know nothing about TexMex or Mexican food in TX. Just keep shoveling those bland rice filled burritos into your fat maw and stfu.

don't get me wrong, i actually quite like poutine. the problem is that all the nearby restaurants fuck it up by straying from the basic poutine recipe

it's cheese curds, poutine gravy, and french fries. stop adding random shit like green onions and salmon. poutine isn't meant to be "fancy"

Have none of you even tried Mahi-Mahi???

I ate one BBQ pizza back in 2001 and never looked back now i wont even eat a red pizza

Yeah, Pepe's, Sally's, and Modern are all damned good. Where I go depends on what I'm in the mood for. Bacon and onion, Pepe's. Sauce, Sally's. Crust, Modern. Sausage... Zuppardi's over in West Haven is better than all of them. (And "overpriced"? Honestly they're pretty average as far as cost goes.)

Now, if you want a weirdass food from around here then we can take a trip up to Fall River, MA, which is home to the chow mein sandwich. It's exactly what you think it is.

nigga you just posted a picture of sub par looking food talking about everything is delicious fuck outta here

dolphinfish is pretty rare to come by unless you live by the coast

I've had Giordano's too and I think it's great. I have a tough time distinguishing between those on Veeky Forums who genuinely hate Chicago deep-dish and those who are just trolling or whatever. It's awesome.

No such thing as Nordic Gods user

So? Hard to see oxygen but we gonna act like it isnt better to breathe than water???

That is fucking grim.

People forget that even tho tex mex is a thing the millions of real mexicans that live in texas didnt suddenly forget how to cook when they moved here

i think you're missing the point that it's too expensive to order it from places you can't get it normally

also air is free