I am going camping as soon as it gets just a bit warmer and I want to make the best hobo packs ever

I am going camping as soon as it gets just a bit warmer and I want to make the best hobo packs ever.
PLease share your secret recipes.

where i live they sell these super cheap seasoned frozen "cowboy steaks"

they're awesome in hobo pack

I have never seen those.
I will most likely be using fish and veg

Meat and vegetables.

potatoes, some vegies, a stick of butter, a few vent holes.

Do you really need vent holes?
I like to flip my hobo packs halfway through cooking

I find that without vent it just unrolls one of the foil flaps.

I also burry it under hot coals, so I dont need to flip it.

When on a grill I pick it up, and give it a shake. Maybe my foil closing skills are not that great, but anytime I flip it, it starts leaking out. So I just vent, shake, or cover up.

nostalgic to when my family used to go camping. we did onion, pepper, potatoes, hot sauce and hamburger meat. never came out perfect but was a lot of fun preparing with my parents :)

graham cracker, chocolate, and mallow

I would think its tough to brown meat in them.
Thats why i go veg and fish usually.

We used to make these in the cub scouts. As a grown up I'd recommend shrimp, spinach, peppers, herbs, olive oil, lemon, garlic...get after it, OP.

Anyone else have daydreams of meeting a cute loli alone in the woods and capturing her and forcing her to do lewd things in your tent? I swear whenever I'm out hiking I always think about these things. One time I saw a group of 12-14 year olds camping together but they were too near the road to do anything. I was too nervous to even greet them but my dick was hard as a diamond.

Yes.

I want to try anime-grilled fish one day.

You cut a 5 inch slit in the foil you fucking imbecile.

rude

No I usually worry about bears eating my food at night and stepping on snakes on the trail and how much I hate bugs biting me. At night in my tent the darkness closes around and I imagine supernatural horrors creeping in the woods all around and also bears eating my food.

Why do you have to ruin a nice thread?
We were having a nice time here

Why would you do that?

what are you on about?

simple: lolis exist to please me. this thread exists to please me. Everything is mine. Don't feel too bad, pedophilia used to be natural.

why do you hate hobo packs so much that you deliberately ruin the thread?

I hope you get ate by one of 's forest horrors

Hamburger meat. Potatoes. Lawry's. Bullseye BBQ sauce. Butter. Onions. HOME GROWN CHERRY TOMATOES.

Thanks for the image dump user, looks fantastic.

Every weekend for like 2 months at one point

>Do you really need vent holes?

No.

Obviously those suggesting poking holes (or actually slitting the foil!) have never made a hobo pack (or veggie bombs, as my friends and I call them).

If you poke holes in the aluminum foil, all the moisture will leak out and ash will get in.

I guess the point here is camping food is supposed to be "rustic" aka crude. Its not supposed to be great cuisine, but simple and possibly even fucked up, burned, covered in ash, or whatever else leaves a distinct memory. Camping is about enjoying discomfort without modern amenities.
So please, do not plan fantastic gourmet meals. You're supposed to eat burned marshmallows and hot dogs on a stick, while sitting in cold rain with smoke in your face.
Memories are formed by hardships and mistakes, not a meal cooked as well as you'd have at home.

Sorry for your childhood.

I don't see why it's gotta be cold rain

But camp fire hotdogs are GOAT

Lay a flat stone by the flames to set your chocolate and graham cracker on to melt

>Camping is about enjoying discomfort without modern amenities.

No.

Now if you insist on being an ultralite eXtreme backpacker, then you’re stuck eating freeze dried twigs and bugs but there is no reason not to eat well while camping.

And your charmed childhood was full of unicorns and rainbows and gold coins.
You're in for a long, slow decline buddy.
I hope you have severe hypothermia and are covered in mosquito bites when they find your body. You probably should never leave your suburban McMansion, Mr. Gimme Gimme Chicken Tendies.

Thats not camping, its called tailgating.

>ultralite eXtreme backpacker

Yeah, because normal backpacking involves carrying a fucking picnic table around on your back.

Please never leave your trailer park.

Instead of assaching about the quality of my childhood, I'm curious whether you made that meal and if you would share it

hur dur, I should say, share the recipe

kek. Seriously, that's exporting suburbia to fresh air. I wonder, does he even walk from his RV to the public showers?

>no true camper eats tasty food
ok bruh

Welp, so much for this thread

Maybe you can have another one when the spergs are busy

I hate how people always show their legs either one on top the other or stretched out and crossed in photos like these to make themselves appear relaxed and at ease

>hobo packs
Never new they had a name. Just always wrapped potatoes and corn in foil and threw them on the side of the coals

kek

How else would you know?

I just found out what hobo packs is, awesome, I really have to go camping someday, maybe. Eh, when summer comes, I might do this at the parks that have fire pits.

When I was a kit in Hong Kong we would have rooftop bbq with charcoal in giant tin cans. We'll have potatoes and yams wrapped in foil in the charcoal, then meat on tin forks. This was back in the 80s and 90s. Nowadays the firecode might forbade it and people probably can't access the roof without the fire alarm.

i put a raw potato on a stick and hold it over the fire for an hour or so, then wrap in bacon for 5 mins

i also make popcorn

me too

>Camping is about enjoying discomfort without modern amenities.
>Eating mechanically separated pig, chickens feet and cow asshole sausages from a tin can, glass jar or wrapped plastic.

At the very least take an air rifle and shoot your food.

Fuck off back to /b/ or infinity chan you pathetic worm.

Pre-mix all dried ingredients for bread and portion them up. Add water and you can break fresh bread every morning.

C'mon son

In the foil?
Wont it burn?

My secret is bringing along some stock, foil, oil and a couple garlic cloves.

With that I can make shit taste good.

I like to bring along a box of knorr stockpots.
I find they a real depth of flavor.
Knorr stock pots.
I use them.

That's so embarrassing.

Embarrasing like a fox

Garlic beets and pepper

What is that guys name?

donnie darko lightbright

Hope you bought a years worth of trips to Brazilian Beauty to keep you vagina nice and smooth with all the money you saved drinking gold you cocksmoker.

Mince garlic, ground pepper, kosher salt, ground beef, red onion, green olives, and bell pepper. I enjoy it with some Heinz 57 sauce.

>Heinz 57 sauce.
Oys

I bring potatoes, oil and garlic for my dutch oven taters and pair it with whatever protein I get. Trout and bluegill are my go-to fish, but if nothings biting I'll flip rocks for a nice crawfish boil.

Do you have any pics?

Not my fault you bought a Prius with a 1/2" of ground clearance and can't get in the woods and are thus are forced to eat shitty freeze dried twigs and bugs.

>he thinks camping means driving off a paved road and pitching a tent

Once again, please never leave your trailer park, for the sake of the rest of us.

bossdragon strikes again

Sorry, I wasn't aware that you've never been camping in your entire life and have no idea what you're talking about.

Carry on.

My 4x4 rig gets me hell and gone away from civilization . Most of you rei gearfags camp once a year if your lucky.
I am not the noob in this situation.

Says the guy posting a picture from KOA

Nice tent. I bet it would do well in places that aren't your parents back yard.

what is that, pork or steak?
also what did you season it with, looks amaizing

Fucking pervert

You cant tell pork from steak?

I love redhead chicks. That pale skin, them freckles. I'd baste her in my hot sauce.

Pervert fucking ginger lover

I like to slice potatoes 80% of the way through and impregnate the slots with onion slices and etc. It helps the potato bake faster