I should do what now??

So, is this whole “hurr durr activate your weed before cooking with it blabla“ just a huge meme?
Do we, by anychance have a Veeky Forumsemist who could explain what should happen there, IF this is true, which i fucking doubt.
I thought the fact that one infuses it in fat or oil does the job with extracting the thc. So what is this bs all about?
This appeared like a few years ago, with the hype. So i am nearly convinced its just shittalk. Also i am unable to find a pleasing explanation by a professional, online.
Does anyone have experience with this?

Other urls found in this thread:

marijuanagrowershq.com/decarboxylating-cannabis-turning-thca-into-thc/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I dont really understand it either. I would think making butter would get the weed hot enough for a long enough time to decarb it anyway

DUDE

can you explain what you mean by 'activating' it? obviously extraction of the resin will be made a lot faster by heating it.

Cooking your weed turns it into THC-A which is orally active. If you don't cook it, you're just wasting weed because most of the THC in it will only have any bioavailability via smoking it.

>I thought the fact that one infuses it in fat or oil does the job with extracting the thc.
No, that's just a common way to break up the weed and help remove the plant material.

>it's just shit talk
No it isn't you drone.

You've got it backwards. It's THC-A into active THC. Heat and time turns THC-A into THC. Even the curing process decarboxylates the weed.

Here we go again. Noone really knows

Not a meme. Bake weed at tree fiddy for 45 min to an hour until it gets brownish. Then you begin the transfusion into butter. Use a double boiler, it's the easiest method.

Why don't you just go to your neighborhood weed store that sells edibles and ask? Or do you live in a backwards country where pot is illegal?

Bump bc I'm stoned and I want to watch more

OP is talking about decarboxylating by itself before using it to make butter. Wouldn't the process of making cannabutter itself decarb the weed?

>can you explain what you mean by 'activating' it
Nope. To me it sounds alot like: bro just put your phone into the microwave, itll charge, trust me! Im from the internet!

marijuanagrowershq.com/decarboxylating-cannabis-turning-thca-into-thc/
Read this. Or just google and pick one of the thousands that will come up

Whoops, my bad. Point is that you have to heat it up.

Maybe, I don't really know how butter is made. I just heat my dabs in the oven and mix it with heated butter.

Yep, thats just what i thought
Yeaah, just rub it in, fag

Whats the problem here? Make marijuana butter or oil and cook with it. There are hundreds of recipes online to make either.

THC needs to be heated to "activate" or some shit, whether it's making butter or smoking a bowl. It's not rocket appliances.

>THC needs to be heated to "activate"
Jup, since when? 20-hype?
All the decades before we were fine without that

In what ways have you ingested marijuana that didn't involve it being heated?

Ok sorry, theres ways if you feel like waiting all day

Well, as i mentioned, i heat up the oil in the process andI dont want to fuck up my tea

So you do heat it up?

Yes, but with the oil. Not beforehand in the oven

Decarbing beforehand is just a way to uniformly convert 100% of the thca to thc.

If you are making weed butter and then making something like brownies or cookies you will have heated the cannabis enough to convert thca to thc; so you will have edibles that get you high but they may not be as potent as edibles that are made using the first step of decarbing as well.