/spicy/

Spicy Food General: Because if you aren't punishing your mouth, you aren't really eating

Currently eating some delicious green chile

Anyone have any good hot sauces?

Pic related: I get the extra hot Valentina and put it on rice and vegetables and shit

How do I re-sensitize myself to spicy food?

I accidentally desensitized myself to most hot sauces by force feeding myself takis covered with hot sauce and now nothing tastes spicy anymore.

You don't, you just have to keep going deeper down the rabbit hole like an addict, until you have to eat raw peppers for every meal

I have to live off of $15 dollars a week for food so the only way I can make the garbage I eat edible is by drowning it in hot sauce. Rice, beans, tortillas, noodles all in hot sauce. Cabbage stew? Hot sauce. I don't even like the taste of normal food now. My friends ask to go out to a restaurant and they think I don't order food just because I'm cheap, but it's actually because anything I order will taste bland and mild. I brought a small bottle of la yucateca once to a Mexican restaurant and my friends just didn't know what to say

I probably don't have a high tolerance for spicey stuff but things like tobasco and sri racha are just heavenly in soups. Beyond that I can't.

Depends on where you live, what's available but here are my favorites:
Tobasco for eggs and fish
Sambal Oelek for stir fry or pasta
Spicy chili crisp for rice, find it at Asian grocer( my fave is laoganma brand)
Gochujang for rice and stir fry
El yucateco for quesadillas, tacos, dirty rice
Louisiana hot sauce - pleb tier but it goes perfect with shitty Chinese takeout for some reason

What are some good spicy snacks that you guys eat?

Also, does anyone else have problems with ulcers and canker sores? I feel like its probably the spicy food, but I'm not totally sure of course.

Enough talk about punishing our mouths because that is bullshit, just drink some milk.

HOW DO YOU DEAL
WITH SPICY ANUS?

LIKE I LOVE THESE WINGS BUT I CAN ONLY EAT THEM WHEN I HAVE TWO DAYS OFF BECAUSE I NEED AT LEAST A DAY FOR THE HORROR THAT IS GOING TO BLOW OUT OF MY ASS

Damn, that doesn't sound good.

I've been starting to put thai chili peppers in my stir fries, and starting to get used to it. Maybe I shouldn't try to push myself any farther than that.

Sorry, I don't experience fire-anus.

One time I chugged a whole bottle of Tabasco Sauce. Not those pissant little bottles either, full 750ml.

Would not reccomend, but useful because I can lord over all you pathetic little girls practically having tea parties compared to my godliness when it comes to hot consumption.

didn't the excessive amount of salt and vinegar kill you? Or did you puke it fast enough?

git gud

Lmao was gonna say this. My body is so used to spicy food, it's the only way I shit right.

i like spicy food
it is the only form of masochism i have left
i like putting so many chillies into food that i get high off it
it is the ultimate eating experience, flooding the senses with an overload of intense heat, nothing beats it

>Tabasco sauce
>Spicy
Nigga never post in this thread again

>that's not REAL thick!

What is this bullshit about desensitization. I'm Indian and have spicy food all my life. My tolerance has of course grown over time. For example I now regularly eat a raw pepper with meals. Wouldn't do that five years ago. But that doesn't mean I cant handle not hot food anymore. Yeah I wouldn't eat bland shit but that's not the same as low capascin food.

Has anyone got any sources to back up this ridiculous claim that spice tolerance leads to desensitization? You lose your tolerance in a month or two too.

Has anyone else tried pic related? Its has an actual spice to it and is really good i've tried to recreate it at home but nothing really tastes as good as the ones i get from wendy's

Does anyone here grow their own hot peppers?

If i could i would send you a bunch of my dried scorpion and reaper peppers

The only thing that's ever given me fire anus is Nashville hot chicken so I couldn't tell you

every year. 4 jolokias and 6 habaneros germinated last week.

Have a stronger constitution.
Or hemmroids, and you just generally won't know the difference between a regular shit and a scorching hot shit, since every time is a painful nightmare

>Its has an actual spice to it
No it doesnt
It really does not
That's frysauce mixed with a dollop or sriracha

What are some higher scoville hot sauces that actually taste good? I am looking in the 5 figures range like pain 100 or so. Also, where would I order it?

I do 40-50 plants of different varieties every year, I have 7pot bubblegum, sbj7, caramel bhut, mustard bhut, caramel moruga scorpion, peach habalokia, white bullet habanero, scotch bonnets, Bahamian goat pepper, and Hawaiian purple peppers going this season

mass marketed, Dave's is pretty solid, they use capsaicin extract in em so it's good bit of heat. on the craft side, theres a one man operation called Pex Peppers that puts out a huge variety of fruit and honey based sauces. all the ones I've tried from him are great

Got this ground ghost pepper pepper grinder as a birthday gift, my friend said the cashier recommened it and that it's really smokey, not the pure spice like actualy ghost peppers.

Made the poor decision of opening it up and taking a whiff. inevitably ghost some ghost pepper dust in my nose, which began to run, so I sniffled and the dust/snot went further up my nose.

Obviously that made burning in my nose worse and eventually snot dribbled into my mouth and throat. I've never been pepper sprayed/tear gassed but it immediately reminded of the story my buddy told me about getting sprayed in navy training.

In hindsight, should've known it would be pretty hot considering the local grocer has the balls to put Dave's ghost pepper sauce right next to regular tabasco on the shelf

yeah it's shit

this