Food misconceptions thread

Food misconceptions thread.

For a long time, I thought that the scoop of butter some pancakes have was vanilla ice cream.

That actually sounds good. I might try that.

I had the misconception that I could post food I made to Veeky Forums without being autistically screeched at.

You made this.

My father has a story about that.
He thought exactly the same back in the 70's and ended up taking quite a large bite of it before realizing it wasn't ice cream.
Truly hilarious.
Absolutely.

I thought that if you take a chicken egg bought at a store, and put it under a lamp, a little chicken would hatch.

Not a serious one, but I thought Grapenuts were actually a type of nut or seed until I was about eight.

Pancakes with fruit sauce and ice cream was a special-occasion breakfast when I was growing up. It IS good.

That's adorable. I have a friend who thought that if you planted the seeds from a burger bun, a cheeseburger tree might grow, but that was when she was like, REALLY young.

Do americans really measure butter by the scoop?

Oh gawd. I thought that until now. I might have to go throw up

it's whipped butter - it's full of air

I thought this as a kid and tried to hatch a whole army of chickens

I wrapped up a dozen eggs in blankets and got my ass whooped when they went rancid and smelled up the whole house...good times

Looks fucking dense to me..
Just like you, user

top kek.

I only did one, and then my parents found out. that's when we had the talk

Did this too! But my mom always found them and got rid of it without telling me :/ poor unborn baby chickys

depends on the place, I know some restaurants here that actually scoop out butter from a tub and put it on the pancakes

How old were you all when you stopped thinking this? Is it wrong for me to teach my son in logic and how things work, not giving him the spark of 'imagination' and 'thinking' like htat?

Wait, that is not icecream?
Who in their right mind would put that much butter on their pancakes?

Nasty fucks who overly like butter. Fucking ewww.

The same debil who'd put syrup on them
The only thing you should add is a light sprinkling of sugar and some cinnamon

Are you Chinese or autistic? Then no

it's not ice cream?

I think that you are thinking of french toast. Pancakes only need fresh fruit and whipped cream.

sam ty debil cyka

I thought hot dogs were dicks and ate them every day.

What is British cuisine