Hello Veeky Forums

Hello Veeky Forums

I'm in a bit of a dilemma. My girlfriend doesn't like fish, but she wants to be able to enjoy it. I've already convinced her to eat mushrooms and use pepper, so i guess some exposure therapy is in order.
What would you suggest? Ehat's the least fishy fish out there?
Lesbian oral sex is not an option.

Tilapia is pretty mild.

I've seen those in the market before. Might try them this weekend.
Apparently she got disgusted after seeing her aunt fry some fish in old oil when she was a child. Ever since then she had an automatic gag response every time she was even close to fish...

Personally, I think it's kind of bland, but in this case that might be what you're after.

If you can turn her around on mushrooms you can turn her around on fish. I turned my girl around on fava beans, okra and Indian food. I don't think you should go for "least fishy" fish, but rather the best example of a meal featuring fish you can give her. Something so good that it simply invalidates whatever childhood experiences led her to think she doesn't like fish. Any restaurants near you have a killer fish dish? Take her there.

The plan would be to slowly add more and more and eventually change the type of fish.
I did a similar thing with mushrooms, which she didn't tolerate and it actually worked. Thanks for your help by the way.

This might be a worthwhile plan actually. One good combo is a teriyaki grilled salmon. They teriyaki will add a nice sweet savory taste to the salmon and it works well with the natural salmon flavor.

>What's the least fishy fish out there?
Fishsticks, crab, calamari

Make a fish curry with white fish like cod or tilapia. White fish doesn't have a tons of flavor anyway and the spices in the curry dominate the dish. It's a nice way to expose someone to fish without it actually tasting too much like fish. It's a good door opener.

Unfortunately, no. I'm living in Europe, and the fish restaurants are pretty shitty. The thing is we're living together, but i would have some time to experiment with cooking without her around to freak out. Would you have any suggestions?

If i get to buy some cod this weekend i swear i'm posting a cookalong

Good salmon with a heavy amount of lemon would be accessible.

The least fishy fish, though, is very fresh, raw fish.

Those are more of a miscellaneous type of water dwelling animals though...

Are you in a country with a decent tradition of fish cookery? Do you have access to good quality fish? I wouldn't try to turn someone around on fish without access to great examples of the stuff.

>I'm living in Europe
> the fish restaurants are pretty shitty

Slav detected

Semi correct. The only slavic latin country.

I can mail you some palinka if you really want me to

Add sardines to sauce and rubs.

Hey OP, my partner doesn't like fish either, but I found something that worked pretty well.
I made some thai fish cakes that tasted pretty much like thai meatballs, using cumin and fish sauce and some coconut flour ('cause low carb), but feel fee to use bread crumbs instead. We found that the coconut flour gave it a nice spongy texture that came close to something like a chicken meatball.
Dipping sauces are also very helpful, so serve it with some sriracha mayo or sweet chili sauce. I made my thai fish cakes with barramundi and chunks of prawns. I ground up the barramundi in the food processor but then added the shrimp in after. Hopefully your partner is into asian food because this is something we have a lot of together!

Catfish fajitas with all the toppings and cooked with mangoes and onions. Worked with my girlfriend, she eats fish now. Oh , and shrimp shumai.

This, but use anchovies instead like a normal human being.

I've seen people on here saying that achovie paste in pasta sauces. I remember them mentioning it gives food a savory taste

Samefag

>Indian food
Slit your throat.

>Lesbian oral sex is not an option.

Oral sex is always an option

Nope

It is, but i love giving, not receiving. I'm also getting married with her, so no lesbian sex. Except she manages autocunningulus

C'mon. Gypsies are from asia and we still accept them.... barely. Honestly, i hate them, and i'm half gypsy and i hate myself

Interesting idea. I'm kinda' drunk, so please excuse the sprlling. Gonna' try that

Guys.... i gotta' tell you. You are awesome and i love you. i know op is a faggot, but i still love you magnificent bastards

fish sticks

mahi mahi is a wonderful beginner's fish