What's the most culinarily desirable mushroom? Chanterelles? I got some forest land I want to try to grow on...

What's the most culinarily desirable mushroom? Chanterelles? I got some forest land I want to try to grow on, truffles take too long

imho, morels.

I have a mushroom phobia, no idea why but they creep the shit out of me.

Most likely this. Chanterelle's are good cooking mushrooms though.

If truffles take too long, what makes you think Chanterelles are going to be quicker? At least there is a good amount of science and experience behind truffle cultivation.

Matsutake

psilocybin

not saying I can grow chanterelles because apparently you can't cultivate them but mushrooms fruit yearly where truffles take like 10 years. I'm not waiting 10 years for a payout at this point in life

nice looks like there's some cultivation methods for morels. know the average price/lb off hand?

Me too. They're so weird and they grow on shit. You're not supposed to wash them before you eat them so you're just expected to eat the shit. Also psychedelics are weird.

Agreed

morels are roughly the same price as chantarelles but can't for the life of me remember how much. i pick my chantarelles myself so i haven't bought them in years.
morels, chantarelles,penny bun and "horn of plenty" are in top 5, not sure which is best

>soak minced psych mushrooms in lemon juice
>add other fruit such as strawberry, raspberry, pineapple, blueberries, etc.
>blend with ice
>drink and trip out
Dude like trip bro like listen to tool 420 dmt Joe Rogain

>morels, chantarelles,penny bun and "horn of plenty" are in top 5, not sure which is best
I'd add yellowfoots to that as well

I went with my mom last fall and she found some coral mushrooms. Didn't try them. Are they gud?

truffle is a mushroom right?

There are a lot of edible and desireable coral shrooms, but they're weird and difficult to id

i love white button mushrooms more than anything else.

they have this inexplicable "brightness" or "freshness" that others don't. fresh like cilantro or cucumber. know what i mean?

other shrooms are too earthy.

Come to New Brunswick, they grow naturally here. :))))))

So you should be. They're not classified as either an animal or a plant, yet are "living". They're spongey inside, no bones or skeleton.

I wash them because Comida Beuna guy says I can.

First off the answer to your question is Chanterelle, which I eat so much at the end of summer that it digusts me.

Second you can't just "grow" mushrooms like that, you should go read about it. If you cant reproduce the exact environement c'est comme donner un coup d'épée dans l'eau.

Cepes/Porcini.

>You're not supposed to wash them before you eat them so you're just expected to eat the shit.
Kek, you are a retard. You can wash them before cooking them but you shouldnt wash them and then put them back in the fridge. Also, most cultivated mushrooms arent grown on shit, thats just in the wild.

people suggest you don't wash them because they'll absorb water. I've found that by being quick about it and not letting them sit in the water you barely get any absorption. I typically cup a few in one hand and hit them with a few bursts of the sink sprayer then roll them around on a towel to dry off

If you can do a variety you will be better off. Condition matters too. Chicken of the woods, lobster mushroom, oyster mushroom, and porcini always sell like crazy. Even if it's not top price per pound, having some of all will make more buy from you and they'll probably buy some other varieties even if they're initially only interested in one.

Oyster is by far my favorite. It's easy to base a whole dish around it instead of adding it to other dishes.

Morels desu

porcini, the best for soup and marinade