I want to make curry at a family dinner

I want to make curry at a family dinner.
The recipe calls for 6 cloves and 8 cardamon pods per kilo of boneless chicken.
However, my mom argued that it was a disproportionate amount as far as cloves go, and that no one was gonna eat it if I were to make it that way.
She said that even two cloves would be over the top.
Is she right? Could 6 cloves be a bit too much for someone who's not used to eating curry?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ns7fNPiNiNc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes.
2 sounds good.
Have you ever made a spaghetti sauce before? You only put 2 or 3 leaf in the whole thing.

>Clous de girofle

spices don't necessarily scale well, but 6 cloves in a curry is not a big deal, they are being balanced by other things

As for me, I recommend buying enough McChickens, the best fast food sandwich, to feed your family.

6 cloves definitely sounds like it would be overpowering.
Also

They are not gonna like it.

6 cloves is unusual for a curry, because curry taste is intense enough that such amount of garlic doesn't doesn't dominate it at all.

And that means even if you lower the garlic content, the rest will be just too intense for their taste. Unless you water it down to hell and back, whiich will be terrible on its own.

Don't waste your effort. Pick something more "conservative".

> 6 cloves is NOT unusual for a curry,

I meant.

he's talking about the dried flower buds of Syzygium aromaticum you fucktard

'k I fuckedup.

who the fuck is this in the pic

Can someone give this user a quick rundown?

Garlic is the best. You should probably just go ahead and put a whole bulb in there.

>be French
>be attractive brothers
>get too much plastic surgery
>write a shitty physics paper
>become a meme on Veeky Forums

>Rothschilds bow to Bogdanoffs
>In contact with aliens
>Possess psychic-like abilities
>Control france with an iron but fair fist
>Own castles & banks globally
>Direct descendants of the ancient royal blood line
>Will bankroll the first cities on Mars (Bogdangrad will be be the first city)
>Own 99% of DNA editing research facilities on Earth
>First designer babies will in all likelihood be Bogdanoff babies
>both brothers said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in Tibetan monasteries & Area 51
>Ancient Indian scriptures tell of two angels who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
>They own Nanobot R&D labs around the world
>You likely have Bogdabots inside you right now
>The Bogdanoffs are in regular communication with the Archangels Michael and Gabriel, forwarding the word of God to the Orthodox Church. Who do you think set up the meeting between the pope & the Orthodox high command (First meeting between the two organisations in over 1000 years) and arranged the Orthodox leader’s first trip to Antarctica in history literally a few days later to the Bogdanoff bunker in Wilkes land?
>They learned fluent French in under a week
>Nation states entrust their gold reserves with the twins. There’s no gold in Ft. Knox, only Ft. Bogdanoff
>The twins are about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
>In reality, they are timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don’t know their ultimate plans yet. We hope they’re benevolent beings.

Is this garlic cloves? or the spice clove?

Why not start out mild and not heavily spiced with this crowd. Make a simple yogurt marinaded baked chicken with a moderately small amount of garam masala, and more of friendlier spices, lots of fresh ginger, garlic and lemon zest. Hit it with chilies and cilantro, in a personal amount, passed at the end. Should make everyone happy!

Next time you want really good advice about balance, paste the whole recipe.

Thanks for the quick rundown

Cloves are tiny, I don't see how 6 would be too much. I guess you could scale it down to 3 or 4 just in case, it shouldn't really affect the flavor.

Your moms just a stupid old haggard whore. Next time she says something like that slap the cunt. One more time and she gets a knife in the fucking throat.

If your family dont like the curry then just ell them to get the fuck out and go eat somewhere else. Man up you fucking pussy.

Jesus fucking christ how can so many people itt be so fucking retarded??

>cloves

Pic related you bunch of mongoloids.

ITT flyovers don't know what cloves are.

that's not what garlic looks like

I'm dating an Indian girl so we make curry often, so I'll try to give me input from what I've picked up from her.
I'm American, so I had to look up Lb to kilo, (2.2 lbs for every kilo).
The amount of cloves sound okay, maybe could go down to five to be safe. The cardmom pods should be reduces to 6. Also, it's critical that after you've thouroughly cooked the gravy (mixture of onions, ginger, garlic, tomatoes, thai chili peppers and spices) you've got to put it into the blender.
If you don't do this, it won't be homogenized and you'll occasionally bite down on a cardamom pod, which is unpleasant when it's not dispersed throughout.

>I'm American, so I had to look up Lb to kilo,
Correction, you're a dumb american that has never had an elementary science class.

>I had to look up Lb to kilo
>American education system doesn't even teach the basics
>we wonder why your gun deaths, plastic culture and politics are so bad

Truly the worst

Whats it like having a dirty paki girlfriend? Does the constant smell of shit not make you retch? Or have you gotten used to it?

Reading too difficult for the European brain?

Fuck off. Blow their minds with black cardamom, asafoetida and fermented ghee op

Your mother is wrong. It's a curry, for fuck's sake, tell the bitch to go back to her thanksgiving turkey.
But yeah you want to scale down on the spices a bit if your family is not used to them. 6 cloves and 8 cardamon pods per kilo is a bit too by most western countries standards. Maybe halve that?
This applies to other spices too, but each scale differently, so good luck pal.

Correction, you're just a dip shit. It has jack shit to do with your nationality.

That amount is fine imo. If things get overpowering add more cream rather than make a weak base in the worst place. One thing you can do is put the cardamom cloves and cinnamon in a muslin bag to infuse the flavor and take it out at the end.

If you're not used to Indian biting into whole spices can be disconcerting. Thats more of a worry than too much clove flavor imo.

As a French, this is my favorite pasta ever. Bogdanov bros are two fucking losers.

Kill yourself you crossboarding /pol/ faggot.

Rundown theme youtube.com/watch?v=Ns7fNPiNiNc

Consider self immolation you fucking cuck

Stay triggered you brony fuckstick.

Why do little bitches get triggered by /pol/ so much?
Do they scare you little baby? Are the memes too real for you to handle?