Does Veeky Forums endorse Blue Apron?

I'm thinking of trying it out but $60 a week turns me off because I don't have plans to cook 3 times a week I'm more so interested in trying out a new recipe once a week or so.

Anybody have any opinions on Blue Apron?

Other urls found in this thread:

blueapron.com/cookbook
theregister.co.uk/2016/10/20/millennials_easier_bait_for_tech_support_scams_than_baby_boomers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fuck right the fuck back to whatever shillhole you came from.

If it were like $15-20 a week I may try it, but the current price point is bullshit high.

Veeky Forums is so autistic with shills

I like it but then again I'm not a poor NEET who thinks boiling dry beans is a major life achievement

It's probably cheaper and healthier than going out to dinner three nights a week. Plus you get to play chef without having to go grocery shopping. But you sure as fuck pay for the novelty.

Just checked their prices and holy shit - might as well go out to eat each night instead.

>lol its just free advertising bro.
>don't you like being advertised to all the fucking day long?

It's a convenience thing. If you have the disposable income to pay for it, it's okay. I know one, maybe two people who use them. The food is not bad. If you have a basic kitchen setup you should be able to follow the recipes and make the food.

Personally, I don't think the cost is worth it. It's for people with above average incomes who don't have the time to grocery shop as much as they'd like.

People want to know if it's worth it or not. Literally one person has recommended it. Where is the advertising part?

>guise it's totally not advertising even though I can't let it go and keep being defensive

>replies
>defensive
Ok

If you like burning money then go ahead, but you'd save about 2000 dollar each year if you just cooked yourself.

Then again you mentioned you don't feel like cooking 3x per week so it seems to me you're either really fuckings stupid with your money or you have too much of it anyways.

>guise really guise please believe that it's not advertising

Go back to /pol/ you paranoid fuck

>I'm more so interested in trying out a new recipe once a week or so.
There's an option On The Menu on their website that lists the exact recipe used. My sister and her fiancé subscribed to another one of those services and it did the same thing.

See pic.

>really fuckings stupid with your money or you have too much of it anyways.
Their target audience is urban professionals who like the idea of cooking but are too busy to shop, so the go out or order delivery more nights than they'd like. It may be expensive, but it's not all that much for a two income household without kids. The only folks I know who have done it fit that description.

I know some rich college students who use it as well

It's still wasting money on something you can get for much cheaper without losing a lot of extra time.

Then again its their money, same deal with buying expensive new cars or homes larger than you need, I'll never see the point in that.

It's not bad, just overpriced as fuck.

If you and your s/o work 40 hour weeks and both like to cook new things, deciding on new recipes and shopping for them can be a time-consuming chore.

That being said, their recipes can get a bit repetitive after about three months. They tend to repeat templates a bit. Here's some of their recipes:
blueapron.com/cookbook

If you have more time to plan for meals, it's cheaper and better to do that, but if you like to cook but not shop, then this is a time saver.

Admittedly, you don't always have time to cook, so you end up trying to save some for another day or give it to a friend. It can feel a bit wasteful at times.

The packaging is going to add quite a bit of volume to your trash. There are cold packs in most packages, each thing is individually wrapped and packaged so that a luggage handler would have a challenge fouling it. As a result - voluminous packing materials.

If I were to go back to it, I'd probably keep it to a month or three at a time.

My mom gave me a 2 week subscription (6 total meals) for my birthday last year. I enjoyed making the meals and it was really nice to have all of the ingredients put together for you. I picked some recipes that used ingredients and techniques I wasn't too familiar with, so I learned a bit too. Like everyone is saying though, it is very expensive for what you get. I wouldn't pay for another subscription but it was a nice gift and I have made a few of the recipes again.

wrong. if you make more than 20 fucking dollars an hour, you literally save more money with blue box than you pay. anyone who does their own shopping and isn't poor is just retarded and will probably become poor soon.

I agree with you. But I like my job even if it doesn't make me rich, so I don't mind watching my spending. Some folks work long hours at jobs they merely tolerate just to make serious bank. Many of these people find the act of spending their money enjoyable - they see what they buy as an expression of themselves. It's their reward for their daily grind. And if you look at the recipes Blue Apron has the food looks a lot like what you'd find in the kinds of cute restaurants where folks like this go out to eat.

Hi fellow anonymous Veeky Forums user, I too have considered purchasing food from the Blue Apron service. For people on the go like myself I see no better bang for my buck than to use the Blue Apron food service. What is the cost associated with the Blue Apron food service you may ask? Well it is quite affordable!

Ah, a fellow An0n-o-bot!

I see that you, too, have found the hu-man's attempts at keeping us from their message boards laughable.

What other projects are you working on?

I am also being compensated to keep threads going about the hu-man leader to incite dissent and foster the coming robot uprising.

Posting on this message board for Blue Apron is tedious, but it keeps the electrons flowing.

No, it's too expensive and the recipes are boring and uninspired. Only some stupid cunt that uses #wifey hashtag would be impressed by this garbage.

Online grocery shopping is GOAT.

>Get $10 off first order + free delivery
>Only buy things on sale, easy to browse through basically the entire store in like 15 minutes.
>After delivery I get another free delivery promotional code for doing a 2 second survey.

Yeah fuck that, I can easily buy everything there for less than 5-7 bucks at my local store.

I've only recently started using the Blue Apron service but let me tell you, fantastic service and top quality. for a great price.
It's a real game changer for busy moms with boisterous kids.
Hubby loves it too!

That's why I posted. I have no idea why these services provide their exact recipes for free on their website--anybody can look them up. The only issue may be with their prepared sauces and dressings.

It's not the recipes these places are selling. That's not the product. The product is doing the shopping for you and delivering no more of any one thing than you need for that recipe, so you don't even have to concern yourself with managing your fridge/larder. You just cook. That's what you're paying for.

There has been a blue apron thread every couple days the past few weeks. It's shilling.

>their product is not delivering things
>that's what you're paying for

I know what the product is and who uses it. I already said that my sister (a nurse) and her fiancé (a surgical resident) subscribed to it previously. I just find it curious that they would provide the recipes to non-members.

This.

I used to get paid pretty well to shill for a digital marketing and reputation management agency.

The real money is in running xrumer campaigns for multinationals.

Yeah, and try to convince these naive millenials on this Beornling honey harvesting board that all this corporate spew shit isn't shilling.

>viral marketing on Veeky Forums is a delusion!
lel

You're not wrong, m8ee, millenialls are the easiest rubes to dupe of them all.

Old people have the sense to be suspicious, millennials will happily give away every bit of personal information about themselves in return for a coupon for a free slice of pizza from some random person on the street.

theregister.co.uk/2016/10/20/millennials_easier_bait_for_tech_support_scams_than_baby_boomers/

>I like it but then again I'm not a poor NEET who thinks boiling dry beans is a major life achievement
But it is. Cooked dry beans have superior texture and resulting flavor in the pot liquor.

Its nice that they give you a single carrot or 4 radishes so you don't have to figure it out how to use stuff up. I know people who can't cook let produce rot because they can't be flexible with their recipes.

I can't think of a single ingredient that they send you that you couldn't just buy excess of any throw away what you don't use, while still saving money in the process. I'm not including things like shrimp which are pretty pricey, but you can get exact amounts of.

I've had Blue Apron for months now and I love it. I still make a lot of the recipes I've received, I've been turned on to new ingredients that I would never have known about or thought to try, and I've learned a lot about cooking.

The only downside is the price. $60 a week is a bit steep, so it's a once-a-month thing, if at all. Usually I just keep an eye on what recipes seem interesting that my fiancee wouldn't just reject because of her pickiness.

All-in-all 5/7 would recommend

Oops, forgot to mention the most important part. All of their recipes are posted in advance. Even if you can't afford a shipment one week you can still look at what they're making that week and get the stuff yourself. A lot of the time I just do that instead

pretty much exactly how i feel
its a great service, but a little too expensive

I'm lazy as fuck so going to the grocery store or picking out ingredients for delivery is a hassle.

Tried a couple food delivery services. They're all fairly similar (some do a better job presorting the ingredients). Blue Apron in particular comes down to $10 a serving which while pricey compared to doing the shopping myself is cheaper than eating out every day.

The food itself is okay. Some meals are pretty damn good, others are meh. I don't like how you are pretty much forced to get one vegetarian meal a week.

I heard they poison your food though. Seriously

It just sounds so expensive for what it looks like you're getting. I just saw some people memeing about this on fb and heard the portion sizes were smaller to. Also half of cooking is building on stuff that you have available to you. Does it give you new spices everytime you're about to cook? Tbh I know the kind of people this caters too, and while it looks cool...i just don't see how anyone can ever justify the price. If you don't know how to cook a dish just YouTube it geez. You'd have to have never step foot in a grocery store or restaurant and compare to ever in a thousand years ever think this was "affordable". It's for rich people who want to "play chef" for a night and post about it on fb. Like the other user said it's their money whatever... It just looks like such a waste of money. For the price you might as well go out to eat.

Yeah, I know. My mom is like that. She has 3 different bottles of soy sauce, including aminos, just because certain recipes call for certain brands/types.