Frozen pizzas

Is there any way to spice up a store bought frozen pizza?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fbminOZZcio
youtube.com/watch?v=UUU8bbW_9tE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Throw canned jalapeno slices and cut fresh bell peppers and onions on it before cooking.

Or just make a fucking fresh pizza. It's very easy and tastes so much better. You can use canned pizza sauce for that.

i dip mine in ranch

yea, just buy whatever frozen pizza with few toppings you want and add a few extra.

I just buy the $3 buffalo chicken bacon ranch blue cheese pizza and throw some pepperoni and extra cheese on it.

Yeah, throw it out and get good pizza you heathen.

Tabasco sauce

youtube.com/watch?v=fbminOZZcio

>not enjoying a nice cheap Tombstone pizza you bought at the gas station

youtube.com/watch?v=UUU8bbW_9tE

Just add some black olives, anchovies and fresh sliced tomatoes.

I usually add some honey and potato salad.

I usually add more cheese.

nothing

frozen pizza is pretty decent as it is, it only tastes "bland" because frozen pizza tends to settle around 800-1000 calories instead of the absurd 2k+-ish most pizza places reach for a similar size pie.

Black olives, anchovies, fresh tomato slices.

Pineapple works nicely with this.
The sweetness adds some contrast to the overwhelming spiciness

There are a couple pizzas that kind of can't be fixed, because the sauce is too sugary, or the crust is so foul.

For a basic pizza that might be tolerable to you, but needs something, I supplement with a good handful of really good cheese before the oven, whether it's some shredded parm, asiago, or sharp cheddar. Use what you have to add some of that good cheese "aged" flavor in some way, because the stuff on the pizza is so generically basic. If you are buying cheese just to do this, consider some "italian" full fat(!) whole milk 4 cheese blend, or a block of romano.
A couple cloves of raw garlic softened in a bowl of olive oil and butter in the microwave first, can sprinkle over the top the pizza with some coarse salt, before or after baking, and can help the crust like the "papa john" dipper sauces.
Chili flakes are self explanatory, but shouldn't be too old or stale.
I don't mind a couple brands of frozen pizza, but if I want something really good, I'd rather walk over to the deli, pick up a dough ball, and use my pizza stone. My usual recipe is either:
tomatoes tossed in olive oil on top of my dough, delicious whole milk mozzarella cheese, and on top red onion, mushrooms, basil, and meat of choice, whether some good meatballs, or some fresh sausage, like artichoke sun dried tomato, whatever looks good. I might fold my dough round in half and turn it into a calzone, which I typically cook on my pizza stone on top of a sheet of parchment. I like garlic sauteed spinach and ricotta inside, good healthy amount of sausage for flavor. And, I rub the calzone with olive oil and coarse salt when I crimp it. They freeze well for your next pizza mood. You don't need to plan ahead if you can buy dough on the spot.

Specially that's why honey. It works.

Quality honey mustard applied conservatively is yummy on pizza

You can lead it up with toppings of course. But at the same time you also fuck it up.
Because frozen pizza is a carefully balanced food science, it is not meant to be messed with.
Once you start adding lots of mass and moisture content to the top, the carefully chosen cooking time and temperature gets thrown off so much that you have not a snowballs chance in hell of getting a good result. Sorry.
Spices are fine, keep in mind a shitty frozen pizza will already be laden with sodium. You are best off adding low-moisture cheese, and meat that is flavorful but also low in moisture/fat or else you get pools of grease. Veggies are nice, but again you've got a moisture problem, and you dont want to add a lot of mass which will distort the time it needs to cook the crust properly.
Add a little bit, but keep it to 10% of the weight of the pizza. Some low moisture cheese and spices are fine, and high impact but low mass ingredients like cooked bacon, olives, anchovies, hot peppers.
If you double the weight with a bunch of wet shit, you are in for a mess.

In terms of bang for the buck tube sausage is the best thing to add to frozen pizzas or really any corporate pizza including chain delivery places. They all have terrible sausage which I really don't understand because good sausage is so cheap.

Gotta agree that roasting red bell peppers is great and I personally find onions to be at the top of my list for pizza toppings but they're not for everyone. On the other hand, I gotta say no to any canned toppings going on pizza. They're all too moist and fuck up the moisture level of the pie. If you want spice just sprinkle crushed reds.

I assumed one would add the extra toppings on the micro pizza when it's hot.

I usually just pan fry some onions and mushrooms and throw them on top when it's done. Hot sauce.

imo even "microwave pizzas" should be finished in the oven. Even then, added vegetables or refrigerated cheese go on before the microwave, meat goes on between the microwave and the oven.

>Trattoria Alfredo
muh nigga, that's some top tier cheap ass frozen meals desu

Eat it frozen to retain maximum flavor.

add eggplants

>pineapple on a pizza ever
kys :DD

Can't say I agree. The micropizzas pack the same calories as real pizzas while being half the size.

Some kind of salad. Green if I happen to have some left over, Italian, coleslaw or whatever otherwise.

>I'd rather walk over to the deli
>pick up a dough ball

>Doesn't eat pianeapple on the pizza
What does being a beta cuck nu-male virgin forever feels like? :-DD

You know, pineapple-pizza was a short lived hippie fad in the late 70s / early 80s.

It's actually from Canada eh'