COCKTAILS, BABY

Post your favorite cocktails/recipes

I'm thinking about making a mojito with blackberry and basil tonight. What you guys think?

Other urls found in this thread:

underlore.com/the-backstory-backstory-underlores-cocktail/)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm a proper tart and love me a french martini.

Vodka
Chambord
Pineapple Juice

Been drinking a lot of moscow mules. it's the dead of winter so it's not super appropriate, but they taste good and you can hide a lot of vodka in there

Makes me feel like an old fart, but I love whiskey sours. Even with cheap booze and bottled sour mix, they're good. Even better if you buy more middle-shelf stuff and make your own sour mix.

On top of that, once you have sour mix, you can also make amaretto sours, and I haven't met a girl yet who wouldn't down a dozen of those.

Never put pineapple in a martini, sounds great. I rarely experiment with pineapple at all

Made some thyme simple syrup earlier; awesome when mixed with a tart fruit

>it's the dead of winter so it's not super appropriate

M8, don't let season dictate your tastes. Be you.

Also, consider trying a Kentucky Mule. It's even better.

Had some Jim Beam lying around which I don't really like on the rocks, so I made one of these. Holy shit this is good dude.

>M8, don't let season dictate your tastes. Be you
Yep. I drink summer drinks almost year round. I just like fruit.

the painkiller is highly underrated, and you can't go wrong with a bramble

Update: basil blackberry and rum is a championship combination

Do you mean mint, not basil?

Im going to buy cheap vodka and drink it straight from tye plastic bottle.

my fav

>live in Onterrible, Canada
>even mixing tier alcohol is expensive
I want to die.

No actually. It's basically 'mojito' in name only since I subbed the mint for basil leaves.

It's more refreshing I think. I just muddled up half a lime, a few blackberries, a bit of sugar and some basil leaves + rum and a splash of club soda.

I had a few people over last night and they fucking loved it

I'm a long-time fan of Long Islands

Rum and coke is my go to

I only wanted to see you
Laughing in the purple rain

PURPLE RAIN,

PURPLE RAIN.

The Backstory

Ten to twelve cracked ice cubes
Two measures white rum
One measure lime juice
One measure simple syrup
Club soda

1. Put four to six cracked ice cubes into a cocktail shaker. Pour in the rum, lime juice, and simple syrup. Shake vigorously until a frost forms.

2. Half fill a twelve ounce Collins with cracked ice cubes and strain the cocktail over them. Top up with club soda.

3. Decorate with lime slice.

(To those who might care: underlore.com/the-backstory-backstory-underlores-cocktail/)

The vodka

>a bottle of vodka
>a glass
drink

Will make this now and report back. Actually fuck I just remembered I used my last limes and I only have shitty store bought lime juice on hand. Eh....

Still worth it?

Yes store bought works, just measure carefully :)

There are probably other shortcuts and substitutions possible as well. Please comment on the original post your thoughts. :)

Hi, dad.

A glass eh? Fancy.

Turned out really well! The store bought lime juice was a bit acidic for me so I added a little of my own honey/thyme infused syrup which balanced it out a bit. I'm sure it's great with real lime

Yes I added a cucumber wedge in a lime drink but I really wanted a green circle on my glass.

Nice rec user. Cheers

XD omg awesome! Thanks man I'm glad you like it :)

Looks P gross

I was making whiskey sours last night, do you guys like egg whites in your sours/cocktails in general?

Ancient Age Bourbon 2 oz
Lemon juice 3/4 oz
Simple syrup 3/4 oz (I didnt bother making simple syrup because I dont have a bottle to keep the extra in right now, so I just used 1/2 tsp of sugar)
1 egg white

My roommates didnt like the egg white, but I think I did.

Looks like a glass of semen

>Had some Jim Beam lying around which I don't really like on the rocks, so I made one of these. Holy shit this is good dude.

You're welcome. You'll find they soothe a lot of the world's ills.

>I was making whiskey sours last night, do you guys like egg whites in your sours/cocktails in general?

Nothing makes for foam like an egg white, but I can understand the reluctance.

Can we stop calling everything that comes in a straight walled glass that we're feeling insecure about "mojitos"? The fad died 15+ years ago, a mojito is a specific drink, and you are free to call that anything you want to call it.

Cannot unsee. Suspect it's lime juice from concentrate, honey, flash, not enough ice, and white wall background.

While that's true, it does tell us more about the drink, like the liquor in it and how it's prepared. We know it's a mojito, so it's rum, with either the addition of blackberry or substitution of it, and basil instead of mint.

And, c'mon, if he rolled in here talking about the cocktail he invented and gave its own fancy name, we'd make fun of him.

>everything with rum is a mojito
So can I just go around calling anything with vodka a Long Island iced tea?

He's calling it a mojito because presumably he's planning on adding lime juice+simple syrup and then muddling basil and blackberry and then adding run and soda water.

I normally hate gin, but I love a gin buck during the summer. I've never had anything more refreshing

No, but if you make a long island ice tea and you make a substitution/addition, still calling it a long island ice tea gives us a fuckin' basis to work off of.

Look, I get that what he's making is a different drink. Using the word 'mojito' in the case tells us where he started.

>I hate gin except
No, you just haven't had good gin in a good drink

A good friend recently put me on to this cocktail called the Rickshaw

>2oz gin
>1oz basil syrup
>juice of half a lime

The basil flavor is delicious and gives a really exotic twist to the gin imo, great alternative to a G&T for a hot afternoon

to make the basil syrup mix 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water and couple handfuls of basil leaves in a saucepan, bring to the boil and then allow to cool back to room temperature and strain

Someone else garnishing a lime drink with cucumber.

Is that a thing? I don't drink hardly ever.

My favorite is the Gold Rush
Whiskey
Honey Syrup
Lemon(I use Lime) juice

gin and cucumber is a surprisingly good flavour combo and is kind of trendy atm

Cucumber, lime, and mint all go fairly well together. They're cooling.

Interesting. I love cucumber anyway, so cool cool.

Been doing boulevardier a lot lately.
Equal parts compari, sweet vermouth, and bourbon. Orange zest and garnish with peel.

sounds like a bad negroni desu

It's a variation of a negroni. With bourbon it's a bit sweet, but you can use rye if you want more heat and spice instead. Not as refreshing as gin but it's been a new favorite.
I like a negroni too but I prefer bourbon cocktails. Even better with a dash or two of chocolate Aztec bitters.

Probably. I'd still drink it. Sounds tasty.

I've never been a big drinker of cocktails. They're for older people and chicks.

Are there any cocktails, besides margaritas at a beachside place, that are acceptable for a young guy? I usually drink beer or straight whiskey.

It's my favorite drink. Last time in fact I had to start making virgin ones for taste because I had had enough rum :P

If you're gonna live your life based on what's "acceptable" you shouldn't be drinking at all. There's a corporate hamster wheel somewhere with your name on it and they won't allow you any free time to drink.

it's just flyover dialect, a young flyover going to a bar for the first time in flyoverland will be practically pissing himself from fear because if he orders wrong he'll be branded a "fag" and he'll get beaten up or gang raped in a back alley

there's a short list of "acceptable" foods and drinks in flyover country and deviating from the list is extremely dangerous

It looks weird when a 21 year old orders some fancy shmancy cocktail. Just as weird when people my age wear clothes that were popular in the 50s.

People my age drink shots and beer.

Shutup coastie

>It looks weird when a 21 year old orders some fancy shmancy cocktail
>People my age drink shots and beer
So you only go to dive bars, that's fine. You shouldn't order a "fancy cocktail" in a dive bar, the fanciest thing you should order is liquor mixed with something out of the spray nozzle, like a gin and tonic. That doesn't mean it's "weird" for a 21 year old to order a nice cocktail in a nice bar. What's lame is when you're at a place that clearly takes pride in their cocktails and some man-child starts whining and says can't I just get an IPA.
>Shutup coastie
No, I don't think I will

Dive bars are all that exist around me. I don't live near fancy bars, that's a city thing.

I do like some long island ice teas though. They are good. A long island ice tea and a pitcher of PBR and you're in for a comfy buzz.

>No, I don't think I will
I'll shove corn in your pie hole and make you shut up

This has to be satire. /shudder

Old Pal is my favorite Negroni riff. Equal parts Rye (or Canadian whisky), Dry Vermouth, Campari. Lemon zest and peel for garnish.

>not drinking it warm straight from the bottle

I love how the text on these memes get worse and worse because no one knows how to make it from scratch and just copies it from other memes where upon it gets resized and resampled making it a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy. X)

Your auto correct really went crazy with that one :P