When will the presentation meme end?

when will the presentation meme end?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/WeWantPlates/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garnish_(food)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck off.

that is so fucking cool..

you'll never produce anything like that in your entire life. not specifically food wise, but in whatever it is that you do/have an interest in.

Present a bullet to your corpus callosum

This is so stupid

abominable meatball to pasta ratio, noodles not coated with sauce, inedible elements on plate

0/10

>that is so fucking cool..
>you'll never produce anything like that in your entire life. not specifically food wise, but in whatever it is that you do/have an interest in.
This so much. Only mediocre people are threatened and angered by talent and creativity.

What is inedible on that plate?

the flower and the other weeds. I know these things won't cause significant physical harm but neither will eating a pinch of sawdust.

>it's not edible because it isn't the top 5 most popular vegetable I see in the grocery store
kys

>talent and creativity
>flowers on a meatball

>talent and creativity
>paint on a piece of canvas

lol, right? fuckin idiot painters..

It's not even that good looking though, there's so many better looking "form over function" dishes. The colors are all fucked up, purple shit around the meat?

Post a pic of something, anything, that you've recently created that you are proud of.

Exactly. You've got nothing.

>you'll never produce anything like that in your entire life. not specifically food wise, but in whatever it is that you do/have an interest in.
speak for yourself you fucking casual, not all of us are defeatist faggots

i know it's probably scary looking because you don't understand what's going on completely, but i bet it tastes pretty fucking good.

technically it looks like a motherfucker to do. i was assuming the purple stuff is something that sticks the pasta to the meatball.. somebody spent a long time making that one bite of food, which is either a complete waste of time or brilliant depending on how you look at it.

#Caribbeanculinarycollective

This chef probably cooks for tourists at a hotel. In that regard, the food is probably just right.

Outside of that, it's pretty tryhard.

>Post a pic of something, anything, that you've recently created that you are proud of

Okay. Here's some gravlax I made. It tasted great, so I didn't need to put a bouquet on it to convince people to eat it.

but that could apply to anything... my point was there's better examples of "food art". Yes I can see the purple shit is acting as glue, not my point. the colors are fucked up, not complementary.

I agree user, it is a detailed work yes, but not aesthetic in terms of balanced colors and does not look particularly appetizing

I don't see any shrimp or rice

Those sparse capers are a patrician touch. Nice work.

low effort, plate does all the work. at least OP's picture required thought to create

I am posting random shit I think is good and bad

these are interesting to look at
maybe not appetizing in the same way as regular food but it's interesting

a fucking cracker

and you took a pic

lol

>$75 + tip
And im still hungry as fuck

bastardization

Spotted the poor Amerifat crying about
>muh Moneys worth
not realizing that you get like 12 Courses at a fine Dining experience.

Why don't you even come to a board about cooking when all you care about is stuffing your fat gullet with as much salty fat as possible

i bet you didn't even make the cracker, lol.. did you at least smoke the salmon yourself? at least tell me SOMEBODY, even if it wasn't you, brined and smoked the salmon you're posting pictures of as proof that you have any idea at all as to what you're talking about?

if not, mannn.. lol. just.. maaaann.

no one said this was the apex of food art. the photography is unflattering; everything is way too washed out (too much light, bad editing, etc). there's nothing wrong with the color combinations on the dish. green/white/purple/red/orange?

it's literally one bite of food. probably an amuse bouche; it's fuckin rad that somebody gave enough of a fuck about trying to make something cool that they put an over the top amount of effort into making somehting as ubiquitous as "spaghetti and meatballs" and re-imagined it in an unusual way and condensed the entire experience into one bite.

my only criticism is that parmesan cheese isn't represented someplace in the bite, but whatever.

>gravlax
>smoked

:^)

You're right about the cracker, at least. It's store-bought.

>not cold-smoking gravlax

come on, bud. hickory or applewood.

my one concern about the OP pic is that they didn't make the pasta in house. it's so perfect that it looks like they bought it dry and that one roll is about as much meatball as one strand of dry sketti can be wrapped around.

so maybe you're both lazy faggots, but at least the other one was still a pain in the ass to make.

gravlax is gravad
smoked lax is smoked

You are a fucking idiot dickhead

literally a thick meat sauce in a thin pasta; you must be easily impressed.

You know what else is cool? My elbow in your fucking throat. Fucking retard

While pretty, I have to wonder... are you suppose to lick the plate to enjoy whatever the fuck they used to color it?

Christ what is with the saturation of these pictures?

I like the effort but serving spaghetti like that, it just makes it a big cannelloni which is unimpressive

the dots of sauce meme is so fuckin dumb and ugly.

it's called light. you'd know if you went outside sometime. movies and magazine lied to you.

Fatty.

it's a pretty thing but it's impractical and that's important. all the enduring presentational trends benefit the eating experience in some way, whether it's sauce smears, verticality, microherbs or whatever

Theres no excuse for those shitty "edible" flowers on any kind of plate. They are not food. You dont ever see them listed as an ingredient on the menu, so they should fuck off. The purple also clashes horribly with the dish, it has nothing to do with spaghetti and meatballs.

When these assholes start presenting by weaving monkey fist knots of pasta around meatballs call me.

This ain't shit.

Sauce looks shit too.

>ITT: Veeky Forums has never been to a Michelin restaurant

in b4 "No one cares about Michelin, Olive Garden is good enough for me"

>Not serving morning glory salad
Come on now

>have pollen allergies
>this shit becomes the new norm

>fite me not online over culinary opinions u fag

I like the presentation, and I bet it tastes good, however the logistics of eating it are probably a bitch. By that, I mean that once you cut into it, those noodles are going to flap open and all over the place, so you'll still end up eating a tangled mess. Unless they have used something to really adhere the noodles together, which I can't see working well unless they were cooled, which isn't appetizing.

This is terifying

What? You don't enjoy eating defeated sea villains?

reddit.com/r/WeWantPlates/

>meatball
>not even a ball shape

what did they mean by this?

The second time in as many days that I've seen someone push this shit
Fuck off

Garbage

Why would I be proud of cooking? There's not depth to it. If you can tie your shoes, you can cook anything.

Spoken like a true pleb. Yes, yes, I'm sure you're very happy with your tendies and steamed broccoli.

fairly impressive for photographs, kinda shit for a meal or appetizer

Can you offer an example of something difficult to prepare? I've searched far and wide and haven't found anything.

This is the most pathetic board.

Have you ever cooked an iguana?

No, I'm vegan.

this dish has actually challenged my perception of what spaghetti and meatballs can be. I'm blown away by this creation and presentation.

>what spaghetti and meatballs can be
it won't tastes different from this

Have you ever cooked a soy iguana?

I almost never eat soy because there's so much other stuff I like more. I've made tofu from scratch.

Oh my god, no wonder you're so delusional.
Your opinions have been discarded, please exit stage left and do not return.

No, it's true. No dish is more complicated than babby's second computer script. It's why cooking doesn't pay well. Anyone can do it.

You know, there is nothing wrong with wanting to present your food like a piece of art.

But I think these people may be overdoing it a bit.

am i the only one who thought that thing came straight out of a can
it's got the ribbing on the side and everything

>cooking doesn't pay well

You really are out of your depth here. But trying to help you understand that won't help you, because you're' too far off the deep end.
Anyone can cook something, but that doesn't mean it's GOOD. You're fucking stupid.

What's something that's difficult to make good?

my sides

>armchair millionaire.jpg

this is why rich people are cunts to be honest

[spoiler]is this loss[/spoiler]

fucking kek'd

You don't need to smoke fish if you're making gravlax, the salt/sugar/sometimes alcohol cures the fish for you.

Abstract art is worthless garbage. It needs to stay out of other mediums.

Keep it out of food or else you'll get what happened to painting. Food will no longer be about tasting good, just jerking off useless pretentious critics.

>Theres no excuse for those shitty "edible" flowers on any kind of plate. They are not food.

A garnish is an item or substance used as a decoration or embellishment accompanying a prepared food dish or drink. In many cases, it may give added or contrasting flavor. Some garnishes are selected mainly to augment the visual impact of the plate, while others are selected specifically for the flavor they may impart.
Garnish (food) - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garnish_(food)

Do you feed on getting angry over bullshit because your kitchen cupboard is pitiful, OP?

The dish I would order on a third date.

[spoiler] never [/spoiler]