>inb4 hurgin cake

i'll start out with ice soup

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toast_sandwich
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toast_sandwich

'tates

Ramen.
Bread with mayo and or mustard (nothing else)
Canned veggies
Canned baked beans with a bagel
Mixed veggies and a hot dog
Hot dog on a croissant

I've just about done it all..

A man can go far with some ice soup.

Bread or crackers, or bagel
Sour cream, or butter, or mayo
Onions
Salt

none of you know what rock bottom looks like

Rice and beans.
$0.45 per serving.
Add some onions, garlic, and chili peppers for a few more cents.

Rice with water + pepper and salt, so you can dip your pepper in it.

the obvious one

Potatoes+any dairy fat. Assuming you eat molybdenum like once a month, you'll be fine.

rice, beans, tofu if you have an asian market, or live in that part of the world.

Otherwise cheap meats when they're on sale.

just buy a bag of fucking black beans jesus christ it's the same price as a package of hotdogs.

I had to do that for a bit, atleast grill it

A pack of Bar-S Bologna or hotdogs with ramen and Sriracha.

Once a neighbor gave me a bag of onions and I ate onions for a week

Bananas daily because they were cheap

kek

How about scrambled egg with sliced hot dog?

I'm not even poor, but I eat uncooked raw barley sometimes because I like a chewy texture.

I buy it from the bulk food bin at the local supermarket for $0.50 to 0.55 US per pound, or $1.10/kilo.

A kilo of barley is almost 1,600 calories, so it's not a bad deal if you are quite poor.

For a dollar more you could boil it in milk and add some salt/sugar and turn it into a nice pot of cereal.

To much toothpaste user!

Make your own goddamn tortillas, user. I've saved a lot of money that way

I've never mustered past the "wash your corn in poison and oh god rinse it many many times" step.

Feed these to my cats

Yeah fuck that. I meant flour ones, I use beef tallow for the fat, gives it a good taste

banquet tv dinners

Wouldn't barley pass through mostly undigested? In any case, you're definitely not getting 1600 calories out of it

Oatmeal with butter-eye.

Anything potato-heavy, it's sheap and versatile. Just flip the ratio of meat and potatoes, if American.

Rösti (kind of like hash browns, really) is simple, just grated potatoes and egg, grease, salt and pepper. Some labor is needed for grating the potatoes, but the result is tasty even with out anything but little ketchup or steak sauce.

Can't you just use beans and rice? Would at least not taste like absolute ass.

Eggs are pretty cheap, as long as you buy regular and not hippie.

Omelette is easy and can accompany anything else that you may have in your kitchen, like cheap hot dog sausages but doesn't really need anything, maybe a buttered bread.

sweet nectar of the gods

Cabbage is good. It can be grated to work as a basis for a side salad (just use a lot of dressing, or make your own maynnaise) and makes a tasty soup or casserole.

Soups in general can be made quite cheaply.

Look up for discount last day meat and stock it into freezer.

Macaroni casserole.

if you're that poor just catch your own dinner, practically free

If you were to eat that, you'd get all the parasites in the world...

Also, eating whole (as in oven or smoked) doesn't work with pike. It's passable in soups or in fish balls / steaks.

you're a fish ball

Fed these to my doge. He prefers otherwise.

No joke, I actually like to wrap my brats in tortillas.
I can never find buns that fit the brat plus grilled onion and peppers. I've even tried the hoagie buns, but none of them are deep enough.

I just drop it in a tortilla, wrap it up, and wala!

Nothing wrong with a hearty ice soup.

We can't all be sucking down caviar

Is this dish eaten hot or cold, traditionally?

someone post the hurgin

Johnny's gotcha covered.

Funniest post to date

hello newfag

people who know the correct way to be poor.

can of beans
0.2 $ per serving

>paying for the can
Why not just go down to your local bean dealer with your own sack ? You're needlessly paying like double the price you should.

Because they don't sell dry beans here. I need to drive 5 hours for that, and the gas cost alone would be astronomical.

Oic. Well fair enough.

if it's not colgate it's not worth eating

>local bean dealer

lol mexicans

- Never eat out, except if you are eligible subsidized meals in student restaurant, for example. If so, that is usually very good option.
- Your main caloric sources should be rice, pasta, tubers (potato), cabbage, beans, peas, onions.
- For dead animals, your choises are limited, consisting mainly of minced meat, chicken, eggs, bologna style sausage (whole, not sliced) and maybe spam. If you have to get meat, look for the freezer section first (where I live, rainbow trout is cheaper there).
- You better learn to love the taste of pickle, onion, egg, ketchup and mustard.
- Drink water.
- The cheapest and most filling breakfast ever is oatmeal. With butter and little suger.
- As bad it is, sugar is pretty cheap.
- Avoid anything pre-sliced, get it whole.
- Avoid sandwiches, bread itself gives a bad bang for a buck plus pretty much all the toppings are high cost "use sparingly" items.
- Apples, oranges and bananas are reasonably priced year round, outherwise prefer seasonal greens.
- "Don't pay for the can", get them whole and weight yourself if possible. Some very basic bulk items, like canned soup, spam, pickles and beans may be acceptable. Look for the kilogram price. (For example here, the loose gherkins cost more than canned ones, because capitalism.)
- When you have money, stock up your pantry and freezer.
- Pay attention to the condiments section too, so you aren't forced to the rock-bottom oatmeal, ketchup rice and potatoes with butter-sauce.

- When you get the system running, you may suddenly notice sometimes you can afford some special treats :)

And one more thing.

The time you spend in the grocery will be multiplied while you are comparing prices and weights and looking for discounts. lrn2jew

Kek

>eat toilet paper
>don't have to wipe anymore

your're doin it

I don't get it.

My stance still is that fillet form doesn't give justice for pike - it's way too dry for that.

Here in Switzerland everyone eats that, sometimes with ham/fried egg on top

pussy

I once was surviving on tortillas filled with ketchup

>when you're poor but you're also fat

Microwave with some cheese slices/shredded. Yeah, been there and still occasionally indulge in the hotdog burrito/taco/wrap.

The partrician way of eating like a pleb

>spinach
>eggs
>oatmeal
>rice
>beans
This is what I've been eating for months. This is suffering.

Do white people eat their tortilla straight out of the bag without heating them? That's disgusting.

those aren't potatoes

You could always replace the spinach with chards, rice with pasta, beans with other type of beans
And get some fruit negro, whatever's on season

No. White people make their own, especially when they're poor and a 5 lb bag of good quality masa costs $2.50.

Can't speak for the other races because I don't associate with them.

That's normal every day food in Finland btw.

you'll ruin the toothpaste like that

How many tortillas do you fuckin eat? Dude theyre goddamn 80 cents a stack at my grocery store.

For a while I lived on two meals, rice and lentils with some harissa and olive oil and mashed potatoes with the skin.
Other meals included "pasta and nothing". Pasta sauteed with oil and whatever (anchovies, potatoes, spices and shit). Make soup as well, buy carrots, potatoes and onions by the pounds and some random green shit and some leftover pork product and make soup.
People eating ready made hot doges and and toritllas have no right to be called poor

>rock bottom

that's a hot dog. you're not doing so badly if you can afford hotdogs. you're also not cutting it in half for two meals.

>it's a niggers think they know anything about cooking episode

When you heat it up they get gummy or fall apart

What sort of tortillas are you eating? Do you heat them up in the microwave? That's disgusting.

do what this woman is doing, if you're making fajitas or fish tacos, grill them.

WAHTS THE RECIPE TO TORTILLAS

>microwaving government cheese

>wala
It's voila you retard.

>Fried rice
>Canned beans
>Canned tomatoes, diced
>Hit that shit with chili powder

>local bean dealer
Why does this make me kek

Where can I get a recipe for that that isn't in bork borkistan language? It looks good.

What are some good ways to cook potatoes that aren't just making some form of hashbrowns?

smash them

often times bread goes bad before you eat it all
instead learn to make your own flour tortillas, make a batch and freeze the unused

the problem with potatoes is they take so fucking long to cook, slicing/dicing/shredding to reduce cook time is always convenient
I prefer doing this

>often times bread goes bad before you eat it all
>freeze the unused

bread is porous and generally fairly moist making it easy to breed mold
tortillas have a solid exterior and do not get gross from freezing

That honestly doesn't look bad

>tfw I've put a slice of cheese on a piece of bread and microwaved it
>more than once

Just ate that, was fucking good, and it goes so damn well with tea.

Hey, no excuse for starving in most places. The poor often eat for free if they're not too proud.

>We can't afford goldfish crackers honey

You're gonna give your cat heart disease

Buckwheat and butter.

>poor people
That's a normal Russian breakfast.

Get some sardines and a bottle of malt vinegar and you're set my nigga

Goldfish and saltines are not for the same purposes.

Also, I like snacking on saltines. Also this Although I would use saltines, sardines, salsa and capers. Either way, similar deliciously savory snacks.

Man that's a fuckload of salt.

hippies lay eggs??!?

Hippies will lay anything that'll let them.