This shit

This shit.

I love this shit.

I want to make it at home.

If I put a chicken in a crockpot will it come out tender and gooey like this?

I love when my chicken comes out nice and gooey.

Who thought this was a good idea? Who buys it?

that is absolutely revolting

Are you serious?

The places where you buy this from use a form of bird who from birth to slaughter are designed for this use.

From there the carcass is injected with...actually I will use the kinder word of "seasoned" with, a mixture of brine and other things.

From there it is rotissoire in a purpose built oven for that special meat.

What I am saying is that chicken you see in the store has had a lot of specialization to make it.

To your actual question: No, a crockpot chicken would never look like that. However, a crockpot chicken can still be wonderful.

>However, a crockpot chicken can still be wonderful.

Teach me Obi-Wan

>this is what flyovers actually believe

Crockpot might work, but skin probably wouldn't be the same.

Low-heat in an oven with frequent basting and/or cooked upside down would work.

Or just buy a Ronco Showtime Platinum Edition Rotisserie Oven. You can literally just Set It And Forget It.

Brining it and then smoking it would probably actually be your best bet. But you'd need to smoke it real slow and real low.

Also it would be a lot more smoky than a super market chicken.

I will make a guess you are someone who wants to learn. I will be the first to tell you: Learning is what gets you ahead in life. You will learn plenty of facts that do not matter to you *right now*, but every time later in life you are reminded you already know you feel a satisfaction.

To give a more direct answer: A crockpot is NOT the way to cook a whole chicken. A crockpot is the means to cook parts of a chicken. Thighs are my standby due to a balance of taste and cost. My "bachelor" chow was a mix of chicken thighs and rice.

Thighs are not the only option. You can do all the parts of a bird with guidance. The one thing I would not recommend was to do the whole bird at once.

This is a question I ask honestly: No shitposting. How can I improve on this?

I have looked at original sources about this and they all say that the birds you see in the supermarket are not the same as those frozen. The supermarket birds are bred to be sold "fresh" or "hot".

I say this as someone who has been to several regions of the United States. How is it different?

So you're saying if I wanted to stack a bunch of legs in there it would work out alright?

I love dark meat and only tolerate the light, so not being able to do a whole bird doesn't kill me. I love eating the back and the spine though so I'd miss that, but I guess I can do a whole bird in the oven for that shit.

What's motivating me (and this is stupid) is that one supermarket chain in my area sells a fucking awesome BBQ chicken. The other supermarkets are mediocre, but at this one it's really great. The problem is they recently remodeled the store to their lower class brand which doesn't sell the chickens. So if I want this great chicken I have to go out of town which is retarded.

A bunch of legs, a bunch of thighs, a bunch of breasts. It all works, because at the core you cooking individual parts.

The tricky thing about cooking a whole *anything* is that the pros know the quirks of all the individual meats. It takes a lot of skill to make sure the breasts are fully cooked while the wings are not raw, or too cooked. If you are dealing with one part it makes things more consistent.

I cannot be sure if you are the original person who asked this: But slow cooked chicken (in its parts) are a great value. Start it before you leave work, add your starch of choice when you get home, and for the end meal you have the best meal ever.

>It takes a lot of skill to make sure the breasts are fully cooked while the wings are not raw

I figured this was the reasoning.

Makes sense.

Thanks (yes I am OP).

My mom's friend's cousin's former roommate was Ron Popeil. True story.

Cooking a whole chicken and having it come out great is ridiculously easy. It is probably one of the easiest meals to make; I made two in the last 10 days.

Damn son

shilling so hard

>eat one every few days
>price is the same price as a fresh chicken except a $1 more

Jews and niggers