What does Veeky Forums think of middle Eastern food?

What does Veeky Forums think of middle Eastern food?

it's one of my favorites, specifically the ones that surround the mediterranean. i get halal food like once a week

most of it is good and the flavors are versatile. i put ras el hanout into pumpkin and apple pies.

I will only eat it after extreme vetting

Chyna.

>I will only eat it after extreme vetting
/thread

Do americans really do this?

I love it, but they are seriously filthy as fuck.

Amerifag here. "Extreme vetting" is a term recently popularized with regards to background checks on immigration applicants. With food, I don't know as Americans are much different than other countries; certainly people have varying standards of what kind of restaurant or food vendor they'd trust. Personally I do look up health inspector reports if I'm researching restaurants ahead of time, and completely rule out maybe 5% due to bad inspections, but I don't know anyone else who's that autistic. Bad food safety usually goes along with poor food quality anyway.

Veeky Forums mostly likes middle eastern.

It's good, but not good enough to allow shitskins into my country like U.K./germany

i enjoy it especially after a healthy decapitation of an infidel

I'm Ras el hanout and I'm here to say,
No inflection in your voice is a-okay

I only eat food that's gone through extreme vetting.

I smash away a platter of koftes any day, the cuisine as a whole shares my love for cumin, so it's fine by me

If for some horrible reason I couldn't eat meat, then it's the only food I would want. It puts all other vegetarian food to shame. I think Indian is overrated.

The meat dishes are just OK. I think as far as meat goes the pitmasters in the south are producing the best stuff.

raw kitfo was really tasty but holy crap did it make me constipated

It's a lot better than the people

food is the only good thing to come out of MENA

I don't eat it out of principle

Why does it look like someone added cream to that?

Levantine cuisine (Lebanon, Syrian, Palestinian and Israeli) is probably one of my favorite cuisines. It's all pretty flavorful, and there's enough variation that it can accommodate a variety of moods. Want spicy? They can do that. Want light and vegetable driven? Easy. Want a big meaty blowout? Can do. In the mood for incredibly sweet desserts? Done. Plus the French influence on the region seems yo make the food pair better with wine than other Middle Eastern cuisines, which is a plus for me since I like a glass or two of wine with a meal.

My experience with other Middle Eastern cuisines has been generally positive, but the best shit in my opinion comes from the areas that would be considered the Levant.

It's worth dying for