Doing a rolled breast of lamb today. Will be ready at 18:00 GMT. Got a few perpetration pictures I'll post...

Doing a rolled breast of lamb today. Will be ready at 18:00 GMT. Got a few perpetration pictures I'll post. Hopefully someone will find it useful.

Breast of lamb is a criminally underused piece of meat. People are put off by the fat content and the perceived difficulty to cook it. It's very simply though and is to lamb as pork belly is to pork.

See pic the meat with bones

Remove the flap of meat in front of the bones, keep it though. Use a sharp knife and cut to the side and behind each bone. When it's at the bottom twist and pull to remove the piece of cartilage too.

Do this for all bones and keep to one side. Remove excess fat if you wish but it will render off.

You should have something that looks like pic

Score the skin and place skin side down. Salt and pepper liberally. Add rosemary and thyme. Fresh if you have it but dried is fine.

which part did you stick your dick in?

Roll from the narrow end, put the flap of meat you removed earlier in the middle as well. Roll tightly

Use butchers string and tie it up. There's YouTube videos showing how but as long as it's secure you're fine. Dry the top skin and rub salt on. This will be crackling of sorts

fleshlight

Place some of the bones in the bottom of a casserole dish or whatever you have.

Chop mushrooms, shallots and carrots and put them above the bones.

Place your lamb on top, add boiling water just enough to cover the veg. Put into a pre heated oven on gas mark 4 (180) for 4 hours without touching it.

Will report back in 2&1/2 hours guys if people want to see how it turns out

thanks man, me and the other guy that post here look forward to it

new zeland? colorado?

Yes, please.

Looks good, OP. Excited to see the finished product. I buy lamb breast sometimes too. Last time I grilled it then finished in the oven

Mmmmmm fatty lamb ribs. Now I'm hungry for lamb

Uk.

Just home from the pub. It's looking good. 30 minutes til I take it out to rest

you know you have to trim it right?

What pub did you go too.

*to?

>dried is fine
Dried thyme is fucking horrible. Totally different flavour to fresh.

Spoonies

Here it is right out of the oven. I've put it to rest and have scooped out the veg. Drained the juice and put it outside so the fat seoerates and solidifies so I can get it off and then reduce the juice

Which one?

You gonna use the fat for the roux?

Here she is. Served simply with lightly salted and tumeric rice. Mix frozen veg, the veg from the cook and the reduced juices with some butter in. Pic of the meat on its own coming up

>Rice and frozen veg

how much did you have to drink!

i had high hopes for this thread but it looks like cantine food, why anyone would go out of their way and cook a cut of meat that needs attention, than gulp it down with plain rice and frozen veg is beyond me

Ha a few

You went through all that effort to put something half decent together, and then served it with frozen veg and rice

You're lucky I didn't just throw it between two pieces of buttered white bread

Looks really good, OP. Nice work

>Welcome to Veeky Forums

>rice and frozen vegetables
HA

its oc, so who am i to complain, but theres a big difference most people on this board dont understand.
everybody wants to have meat and bread sometimes, or doesnt have the time to keep cooking, so you cant judge someone for that.
You can, on the other hand, judge someones cooking abilty if the sidesdishes are schoolcafeteria-tier shit, because he obviously had the time to do something nice instead and lacks the class to realize how it fucks up the visuals and the taste

To be fair, i bet it would be fucking amazing in a bit of crusty bread with some mint jelly

Scrap the jelly and give me some brown gravy with that

very nice looking OP, i bet it tasted delicious.

nigger did you even cook those veggies?

You had so much time while it cooked to prepare some bomb ass sides. I'd be hurt to be paired with that team if I were that lamb.
Still, nice lamb bro.

Looks rich as fuuuuuuuck