Why don't Brazilians, Turks, Indians, Gulf Arabs, etc. eat seafood despite having access to extensive coastlines?

Why don't Brazilians, Turks, Indians, Gulf Arabs, etc. eat seafood despite having access to extensive coastlines?

Indians don't do it because monsoons take all that designated street shit out to the ocean.

Not everyone lives on the coast, and in third world countries the coast only makes up a very tiny amount of the landscape.

Well... as far as I know, India's waters are full of shit.

To elaborate: if you live 15+ miles from the coast, seafood probably isn't going to be a major staple part of your diet, simply because there can only be so many fisherman, etc.

Look at India on your map, look at the population, do the math.

They're too retarded to fish
/thread

China

Something something fish are dirty

Also south america doesnt eat a lot of fish because currents dont favor those areas, meaning there arent many to begin with.
Also because Brazil waters are probably too disgusting to fish in.

China is creating artificial islands in the South China Sea to claim territory for itself...

Nobody said you can't do that
Besides, the rest of the countries disputing that territory are economically worthless shitholes. Fuck em.

You what now?

The Chinese are pretty good at turning everything that lives in oceans, rivers, or lakes into food.

As opposed to the economic equivelant of a 1984 superstate.

>turks

istanbul is famous for its seafood, going down to the docks and eating fresh fish sandwhiches grilled right on the boat is one of the city's main tourist attractions

Tourists are a special category, though. Lots of places have tourist specialties that aren't widely-consumed otherwise. Salt-water taffy, for example. Taffy consumption is fairly low in North America, but a lot of places sell bags of it to tourists.

China has a lot of rivers and lakes that are good for fishing.

It does, but so does a country like Bulgaria, which has a big chunk of the Danube, in addition to a Black Sea coastline. They have something like 700 different species of fish, including huge sturgeons.

But seafood never really caught on for whatever reasons.

There are plenty of Indian fish dishes but it varies heavily by area (as does all Indian food, a sign of a good Indian restaurant is a specific geographical label rather than the entire fucking sub-continent). No idea about the rest though, the fact that Turkroaches and by extension their culture did not originate in Turkey might help explain them.

Turks eat fish and shrimp with raki all the fucking time, new friendo.

We do, but it gets exponentially rarer to find good/fresh seafood the further you are from the coast. I live a mere 120km from the Atlantic, and finding decent seafood is already a pain in the ass.

-Huezilian

Yes, Guanabara Bay is a disgusting cesspit, and, yes, we tried to use on the 2016 Olympics to the horror of anyone with a shred of common sense, but it is not a representative of the average Brazilian coastal area.

>China has a lot of rivers and lakes that are good for fishing.
>good for fishing
I wouldn't eat fish from a polluted Chinese waterway.

Coastal Indian states do. South India and Bengal especially are famous for fish consumption. The inner states don't as it's difficult to transport and keep fresh in the climate.

Gulf Arabs do eat seafood. Plenty of seafood restaurants.

I was born in a Gulf Arab country and we ate fish occasionally; my dad made the best grilled fish. And there was this fast food place that had delicious broasted jumbo shrimp.

We did live right on the coast though.

>eating food that comes from your toilet

seems gross

>Brazilians
waters are infested with zika
>Turks
waters are infested with roaches
>Indians
waters are infested with shit
>Gulf Arabs
waters are infested with dead gays