How does one find business partners?

How does one find business partners?

I have a dream to start a small farm. It is a bit more technological than just "farming." But that's the short version.

I have the money to either start the farm, or buy land. I don't have the money to do both and my current property is both too small and doesn't fall under the correct ag laws I would need to start my goal.

How would I go about finding someone who has the same dream, but can also only afford half so that we can mutually benefit each other and help each other out?

I have found 4 locations that are very good for starting this goal with a partnership. They are on the west coast, and north west coast.

Ideas? Places I need to look? Places to contact? Meetings? Anyone with experience in this matter?

Attached: Farmers-in-a-Field.jpg (991x557, 231K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nmsp.cals.cornell.edu/publications/factsheets/factsheet75.pdf
pubs.ext.vt.edu/content/dam/pubs_ext_vt_edu/424/424-035/424-035_pdf.pdf
reddit.com/r/gardening/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land-grant_university#/media/File:Land_Grant_Colleges_Map.svg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

It's a grow house, isn't it?

Attached: 220px-Marvin_(HHGG).jpg (220x361, 9K)

Do you want a partner or an investor?

Sounds like you need money, not a partner.

No. It has to do with general farming produce mixed with a bit of automation I developed. I literally can't afford both aspects of business (land acquisition and equipment purchases). So if I could meet someone that shared my goals and vision of growth, I'd be willing to start a partnership so we can combine our start-up resources and get going.

farm bitcoins u mean ?

I thought about that. I think I'd like a partner, though. From what I've done with my equipment at home, it is LOTS of work. I'd like to share the work with someone equally committed.

Precision agriculture?

What type of automation?

FSA, USDA, and NRCS/

There are millions of programs to give free money to farmers.

He's growing weed and extracting it on a small scale. Don't do it OP larger companies are going to fucking ream your ass in a couple years. You're better off refining your method and then selling the IP for your product.

regarding the technical aspect, I highly suggest to look into a Hackerspace in your area. it could be a good place to meet nerds/engineers, post bulletins, or to get community tools to start building prototypes. Tech aside, I imagine your idea would be well taken among a lot of general 'hacker'/alt communities

by doing business solo, or being a client of businesses, and finding shared aspirations.

Yea. But with a focus on removing monoculture from the industry. On a small scale I've practiced on my home property, it works and I get a lot of local wildlife helping with healthy plant growth. Something current agriculture can't say. But my growth is just as good, if not better.

Partly soil based, partly hydroponic, with a focus on a custom design system I've developed. Set up is hard and cumbersome at first, but once everything is dialed in, it requires less people to produce than current hydroponic farming. I also have a concept to expand upon, but would need to iron out some details down the road.

I'll take a second look at these. There were some big hurtles to jump through when I previously looked at them, but I'll take another gander.

Has nothing to do with drugs.

OP i have a buch of land in kern county

we just use it for alphafa

HMU

>I'd like to share the work with someone equally committed.

That's what I'm saying. You have absolutely no idea how unmotivated and lazy people who appear to be equally committed or greater actually are. If it's a case of 'from what you've done it's LOTS of work' then great, do the lots of work and be accountable and responsible for it and getting it right.

Right now I make a product for £0.14 that I sell for £5.50. My friend (who genuinely think he's helping me and not insulting me) keeps saying he can sell them at meet-ups etc... I offer to sell him a handful at wholesale price of £1.50.

Can't even put up £15 to to buy 10. Yet he's confident if I just like gave him 100 he could sell them for £500-800 easily and split the profit.

This is my experience with just about everyone.

I was renting out equipment many years ago and also doing jobs with the equipment to. You have no idea how many people wanted my service... they just didn't have the money, or they would pay me after or on the day, or half up front. Can I borrow your equipment? (that you rent for profit). Will you do this... It's for charity, it will give you exposure etc...

Take on 100% of the risk and reap 100% of the reward without risk of being sabotaged or taken advantage of by people who value themselves above oxygen thievery.

Thanks, I'll take a look at that end.

>doing business solo
Can't open up where I'm currently located

>client of businesses
Can't afford to buy the land needed to install my equipment OR I can buy the land, but can't afford the equipment.

>finding shared aspirations
That's what my post was asking about, and where to find people of similar interests.

I've scouted a couple of local meet ups with very little success. I've noticed many people going to conventions are looking for sales or just "checking the competition." Can't find people looking for partnerships.

But yes, I'll look into start up money from the previous post.

Sounds interesting, what growing medium do you use?

>Can't even put up £15 to to buy 10. Yet he's confident if I just like gave him 100 he could sell them for £500-800 easily and split the profit.

I've had that very experience in the past. I won't be partnering with just anyone. I've learned that lesson.

I'll consider doing this on my own.

literally just go talk to farmers you lazy fuck

go ranch to ranch

there are also fertilizer companies that service mom and pop farms. that you can talk to to get more info.

Sounds cool op, I'am looking into doing something similar. I have a ag degree and some industry experience in urban/sustainable agriculture.

Attached: Hydro.jpg (695x587, 100K)

Either none, or coco coir. Or a soil blend pending on the root's needs.

Nice. I don't have a degree or anything. Just a hobbyist who had some spare time and interest over the last 15 years. Playing at home is pretty much where I developed my designs.

Nice, how do you feel about rock wool and urban agriculture?

While we're on this topic and someone here has a degree and experience... Oh thank fuck finally a topic that is not crypto.

Say I want to small batch granulate dry fertilizer.

Could I do this with a high shear wet granulator, like 5kg capacity to mix up a trace mix of: cheliated iron, copper sulphate, zinc sulphate, manganese sulphate, epsom salt etc... And make a nice little trace mix that can then be mixed with the npk salts for the more sophisticated grower who can buy there own salts.

Then for the ones who don't know what fertilizer for £2 a kilogram toss the trace mix into a 25kg capacity high shear granulator with cal nit, pot phos etc... or just in a low shear mixer, along with a little dye to make it red/yellow/green/black just something colour coded so the hobby hippies don't get confused. Any thoughts on this?

Also if I wanted a supply of myco fungi how could i go about growing it myself. That stuff expensive. Any idea where to start learning about this?

Well if you are in the US, each state has a land grant school you can call up to get help. I will drop a few links to help you out. Just type Cornell ______ or X land grand school (topic you want to learn more about). Also r/ gardening has some good stuff.

nmsp.cals.cornell.edu/publications/factsheets/factsheet75.pdf

pubs.ext.vt.edu/content/dam/pubs_ext_vt_edu/424/424-035/424-035_pdf.pdf

reddit.com/r/gardening/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land-grant_university#/media/File:Land_Grant_Colleges_Map.svg

Tell me if this helps!

PS: what are you growing?