"fancy" restaurant

>"fancy" restaurant
>french fries are listed as pomme frites
>home-made and premium potatoes coming from some sacred native american ground.
>charges 7+ dollars for them

What are some other foods that go through this?

Other urls found in this thread:

gucci.com/ca/en/lo/runway/men/spring-summer-2017-runway-c-runway-men-spring-summer-2017-runway
jusmac.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Only an actual poor person would complain about the price of food in a fucking restaurant.

Don't eat out if you can't afford it, sucker

>mama mia italia
>only use the volcanic grown san marzano tomatoes for sauces
>cans of san marzano tomatoes 4 times more expensive

Don't go to restaurants that charge prices you don't like. If it seems too expensive guess what? You're not supposed to be in there - it's not a place for you. It's a place for people with more money than you.

lol it must be so fucking easy to make money off people like this

>go to "fancy" restaurant
>buy main course
>it's buried under a mountain of fucking "garnish"
I hate this meme so much

Most people spend their money at places where others of their social class are doing the same thing. You won't find too many Whole Foods shoppers slumming it at Walmart, the same way you won't find too many Waffle House diners who have recently done a tasting menu with wine pairings at a Michelin starred place. People tend to stick with their own kind, and generally the cost of entry helps emforce that.

If you don't want it, don't order it. Ask them to hold the greens or whatever if it's bothering you.

Of course you'll look like Howard fucking Hughes eating a piece of overcooked steak off an empty plate in an otherwise normal restaurant, but that's what you want, right?

>lol it must be so fucking easy to make money off people like this

It's really not, restauranting is a hard business

>You won't find too many Whole Foods shoppers slumming it at Walmart
That isn't true, and doesn't even really make sense. You won't find people who can only afford Walmart at Whole Foods, and you won't find them at a Michelin starred restaurant either, but people in my social class in my community definitely eat fast food, buy things in Walmart, etc. occasionally. If you can't afford something, you can't have it, but if you can afford one thing, you can of course still get something cheaper.

It's really up to you to assess whether the food is worth the price
Like idk why half the thread is pretentious little shitheads while the other half is a bunch moneygrubbing plebians

Yeah, that is absolutely not what they're thinking when they write menus and set prices. You're a fucking rube overthinking the ways you get hosed for fucking french fries

I don't ever order fries. Not a fan of them.

All I want is for everyone on my plate to be fucking edible and intended to be eaten

Proper restaurants don't generally have a picture of the dish next to the listing in the menu, unlike the fast food shitholes you obviously frequent.

>poking fun at dumb practices
>"lol you can't afford it!"

why the hostility?

>Easy

entitled fuck, running a restaurant is hard as fuck and most fail. Not only are your poor but also STUPID as fuck. I only shop at Whole Foods and eat organic because I know the health benefits are there and I make tons of money. But I grew up running restaurants with my parents who are both chefs and it's not easy to make money off them no matter how "fancy" your menu is. Go away. DON'T eat out at restaurants if you can't afford it and have to complain. I bet you wear no name clothes and think brand names like Gucci (what I wear) are a "waste of money." pft, fucking pleb fuck off.

The point was that some restaurants charge stupid prices for basic shit. I can afford to eat somewhere like that, but I'd rather spend my money on something which took skill to prepare and is made with good ingredients. If you pay $10 for half of a deep-fried potato you're just giving your money away to someone who doesn't need it.

>Wearing off the rack clothes
>Calling other people plebs

Look loser you clearly can't afford them so step off. I wear them for prestige and social acceptance because they are popular and give me status. You're obvs a loser with no friends so roll on back to the dumpster.

I never understood why pizza can be over priced sometimes. I don't think i can tell the difference between Pizza Hut and pic related if i was blind.
Am i just a pleb?

>Am I just a pleb

If you can't tell the difference between absolute shit chain pizza and delicious pizza made with a few fresh ingredients...yes you are a total pleb.

I mean there totally is a difference, but like high shelf vodka, marketing and the brand name carry a lot when it comes to the price people are willing to pay.

This is how I feel about most Italian food here in the States. Where Olive Garden tastes the same to Giuseppe's Tomatoe Vine or any other upscale Italian place.

Maybe I should just try and make my own.

I've seen a PB/J sandwich served with some expensive bread for $15

>DAHNALD, THE RESTAURANTIGATES

why are you poor?

>Most people
anyone get pleasure out of not doing this?
its a hipster thing, right?
this makes me hip, right?

nah margheritas are just stupid and are supposed to be cheap shitty poverty food yet people masturbate over them like it's the pinnacle of culture

>"fancy restaurant"
>steak is $60
>no sides included
>mashed potatoes are $15

Makes sense. A huge serving of mashed potatoes costs about $.50. They probably sprinkled a few drops of truffle oil so you were living high on the hog for $15.

>run a mid-tier steak restaurant
>use only the best local eva potatoes
>use only the best raw milk gruyere and local cultured butter
>retarded customers bitch and moan about the price
>switch to idaho flakes and tap water
>problem solved
this is why we can't have nice things

I hate how everything on menus has to be explained to be "perfectly cooked" and "perfectly seasoned" and "to perfection", jesus christ that's what I'm paying for, you shouldn't have to assure me

Instant potatoes are a godsend, they're identical unless you want lumpy.

>use only the best raw milk gruyere in mashed potaoes.
>adding cheese to mashed potatoes

That's some serious flyover shit right there. No wonder you had to switch to sourcing from Sysco. Bottomline, you tred to fancy up a dish that is superb by itself and even flyovers recognize that. Rightly so, they saw you as someone destroying a great dish to attempt to charge higher prices. I'm glad you're failing.

aioli
>it's mayonnaise with other shit mixed into it
>not even a bit of garlic to be found

>not adding cheese to mashed potatoes
>Auvergne, the inventors of cheesy potatoes, is in flyover land USA
Almost died laughing

Just because you're on the gulf coast doesn't make you not a flyover, cleetus

Eh that's because it's american Italian food. Most of those restaurants are awfully dated and pretty monotone in flavors. Putting parsley on top of everything and shit

Enjoy your final days working in a wannabe pretensious hipster shithole that's destined to fail.

>pretensious

Tis a pity.

>The point was that some restaurants charge stupid prices for basic shit.
The food itself is a small part of restaurant prices. The rent and the staff are big costs as well. If some place charges you $10 for an order of pommes frites ask yourself: Am I in a posh part of town with high rents? Do the other menu items require kitchen staff more skilled than a fast food joint? Are there decent servers serving me? Is the environment I'm in pleasant? Because that's what you're paying for. It's not that the fries cost $10. It's that they cost $9 in a place like this because of all those other things. If that galls you maybe you shouldn't be eating in places like this.
Get pleasure out of purposely going to places that aren't catering to your social class? I love hitting dive immigrant joints where the food is good and cheap. Some of my peers would never hit these kinds of places. I don't give a fuck if that makes me hipster. Dinner for two at a bistro with a bottle of wine, tax and tip can clock in over a c-note these days, and sometimes I don't feel like dropping that kind of dough.Tonight we went out for Salvadorian with some friends. Dinner for four with beers and a generous tip was $54. Fucking Chipotle would have been more expensive!

>go to a fancy restaurant with gf
>waiter recommends PB&J deconstructed ala Thomas Keller
>it's our biggest seller
>brings this
>$80

Indeed. When will they awaken?

lel, sounds about right.

Why are Cruz's eyes so feminine

Haha, It must suck to be american. Whole foods seems like the kind of shop that only a blatantly ignorant and pretentious society like america could support,

The rest of the world has a vast array of vegetable shops and groceries wherein you have a wider choice than walmart and wholefoods.

>not wearing clothes because they look good or are practical
>only wearing clothes for prestige and social acceptance
Were you literally raised inside an american high school drama show or something?

Yeah it does suck. Truth be told though you can fine plenty of cheap fresh local shit here in the Asian/Hispanic super markets. Then again I live in southern California so it might not be as easy in other parts.

Guess that's what happens when 80% of our food is derived from corn.

>confirmed for never having left their room

Yeah. I have to drive 40 miles to get to an asian market or whole foods. My only day to day choices are Piggly Wiggly or Walmart. Pretty sad really. Although I hunt and forage plants and mushrooms without even driving. All in what you value.

>Dave's Bread
lel I bought some of that at the fancy organic place and it molded in like 3 days.

that's what happens when you don't put preservatives in bread

also, you can buy it at walmart

>dis fuckin guy

So you are the tone police?

You are describing an American style steakhouse, not a "nice" restaurant.

Bonne Maman is the best jam money can buy, though. But I can't believe you were charged 80usd for basically having to prepare your own basic sandwich

Effectively yes. It strikes me as this weirdly fabricated sense of self entitlement to go to Whole Foods; who gives a fuck where you get your damn groceries?

I'm happy you've worked your ass off like everybody else in the industry, but you're still a fuccboi. You are the biggest of fuccbois. If brand and status are all you care about and is all you get out of making money you are just as shallow, dumb and uncultured as everybody else here, but you have money to waste on utterly stupid crap you think has any real importance. You wear Gucci? Only fuckin' imbiciles like you would spend over 1000 dollars on a single piece of every day clothing that wasn't a wedding dress or genuine jewelry.

People like you are the reason why I got into advertising. You're gonna empty your pockets for me because you're a stupid fuck who fell hard for the consumer identity meme. Even if I told you the trick you would still keep taking the bait lmfao

Exactly. Also just out of curiosity I went to Gucci's website just because and, well... according to them it costs between $5000-$10000 to look like a douchebag faggot loser.
gucci.com/ca/en/lo/runway/men/spring-summer-2017-runway-c-runway-men-spring-summer-2017-runway

Everyone likes nice things but you should always stop yourself ask yourself *why* you want this thing. You would be surprised how often you don't have a good answer

>OP admits he goes to the restaurant and order fries
fuck off, underaged toddler

>whatever the hell this shit is is sold out

Someone REALLY likes Donald Duck.

You must be a waiter who cries if they don't get 25% tip
>durr if you can't afford to tip, you can't afford to eat duurrr
kill yourself

>Not only are your poor but also STUPID as fuck. I only shop at Whole Foods and eat organic because I know the health benefits are there and I make tons of money. But I grew up running restaurants with my parents who are both chefs and it's not easy to make money off them no matter how "fancy" your menu is. Go away. DON'T eat out at restaurants if you can't afford it and have to complain. I bet you wear no name clothes and think brand names like Gucci (what I wear) are a "waste of money." pft, fucking pleb fuck off.
saved

Hahaha nigga what is this

Dude if it wasn't obvious that that post was a ruse as soon as you got to "Gucci (what I wear)" you may have autism

This is a ridiculously stupid thing to say. I guess if you are still waiting tables living with your parents you might say something so inane

Except you could blind test Popov against svedka, absolut, grey goose, ciroc. And it would win or taste no different every time.

Are you kidding me my grandparents are multi-millionaires they only go out to restaurants when coupons for it
They shop at Walmart and Costco and go bargain hunting at Winn-Dixie With Coupons you're an idiot

>rich people are rich because they save pennies
I can almost guarantee you they made some good decisions on real estate or securities or own a business, and their extreme couponing and taste for walmart products has nothing to do with it other than being triggered by the same underlying psychological disposition.

The fucks wrong with Sysco

They have a two-million-dollar house
On a lake
They grew up poor the sons and daughters of immigrants and made there millions working hard and finding good deals
Back when the first got married they couldn't even afford a wedding now there taking vacations all over the world but will eat 4 dollar bags of hot dogs they get bogo from Publix
Ever think your the retarded one here bud and it's you that has the mental problem about what people think about you based on what you eat and wear
Shit I'm wearing Walmart clothes rn but in 2 weeks I'm going to last Vegas and eating at some of the fanciest restaurants in town and after that I'm going to go to Chinatown and eat at some of the cheapest

tl;dr: you are too financially ignorant to have even bothered to ask and you just assumed all this time they're rich because of clipping fucking coupons out of the newspaper.

You should talk to your grandparents, user. They have life experiences that are not only fun to hear about but may also be useful for you to know.

Where would you get that info? So if I scoff at anything on the menu that means I ordered it?

Your claim is absolutely baseless.

A couple things. One, you type like a retard. Two, your grandparents are cheap because they're incapable of breaking their conditioning from their poor upbringing. There are plenty of people with money who use it to enjoy good food.

Idiots.
Sysco is restaurant cancer.
Instant potatoes are only good for one thing, thickener. As mashed potatoes, they're disgusting.
If you can't understand the difference between quality foods, it's your problem, not the restaurant. He's right, this is why we can't have nice things, because dim bulbs like you two will always exist to fuck it up.
Just had a similar conversation with a local restaurateur the other night. His restaurant is doing very well, but we had a whole conversation about pleb eaters and why Yelp shouldn't exist.

>thinks Gucci is high class
Come on now, people.

Not that user, but I wouldn't wear clothes with some assholes name or brand on them even if they fucking paid me. I'm not a walking billboard for anyone.

Well they are fucking retarded in that case. You dont get rich buy spending all your time saving pennies, moron.

You cant tell the difference? Are you both blind, dumb and have lost your sense of taste? Because theyre two different dishes

>everything sysco supplies is instant potatoes tier

I see you keep bashing Sysco like it's the worst thing in the world - and yes people using instant shortcuts from suppliers like Sysco is a problem that people do talk about - they also carry plenty of high quality ingredients, so it's retarded to just outright keep saying that Sysco is shit.

What suppliers do you use? A trip to the farmers market every morning and all local fishmongers/butchers (not that that part's a big deal) and everything else from artisinal local dealers?

Not the user you're talking to.

I guess the hate comes from them being so prevalent all over the nation that food kind of tastes similar no matter where you go.

They deliver milk and oil and butter and vegetables...

I don't know user, I'm just trying to justify his hatred.

He seems like the kind of guy that would ask his waiter/host who the supplier is.

>go into fast food place
>get shitty russet potatoes cooked in canola oil and salt
>not worth the $2

>go into fancy restaurant
>get superior kennebec potatoes cooked in duck fat and truffle oil
>well worth the $8

Well you don't stay rich when you're blowing your money on stupid shit.

I would dine and dash. Places like this deserve to be burned.

t. Server at a fine dining restaurant

I'm in France and this jam cost 2-3€ a jar at your typical hypermarket lol

And I'd consider that it reeaaaally lacks flavor for its price, compared to what I can buy at the market or even make myself.

No. A pleb would understand. You are cattle or even less.

>Gucci
hahahaha holy shit it's a fucking pajeet

All food is the same, see If you disagree with me you are a hipster who hates America and has literally never even set foot here

>Gucci
>Pajeet
How the fuck are they connected?

He was just guessing. Could be a slav I suppose, or middle eastern. Someone with cringey completely out of touch ideas about what's good.

Here too, I just think it's good jam, and I was surprised to see it sold as some hipter extravagant European luxury, as it is just a normal, albeit somewhat top shelf brand here. Never topped dear grandmother's home made jam from hand picked wild fruit though

Also it amuses me how super-/hypermarkets have such extreme names in France everytime I visit (I'm Dutch). I've yet to encounter an Ultrasuperdupermarché

>Go to local well known restaurant, i knew it would be good since its always busy and they have a few branches.
>Take the wife, we were able to sit at a table instantly since although it was a bit busy the staff never bothered to sit one couple at a time, like fucking animals
>The restaurant is an "order at the till" type affair with paper menus available at the counter, as well as on the wall behind the tills.
>Wife and i look through the various menu items, realising quickly and they represent good value for money.
>Go to till to order, served instantly since they weren't understaffed like some other restaurants in the local area.
>Order 2 mains, 2 sides and 2 drinks, with 2 deserts also
>Offered a 10% armed forces discount
>Total is less than £20
>The food is very tasty.
>Best part of the meal by far was the burger that i ordered, it was a fantastic fried battered chicken patty with fresh mayo and lettuce, i believe they called it a McChicken.
>Have been back several times, every time the quality has been consistently high.

I don't even bother to look at other restaurants now.

What's the matter, user? Can't afford a $13 plate of Mac 'n Cheese? Go be poor somewhere else.

jusmac.com/

> Gucci
What's up Guido? Make me a spaghetti and meatballs with a banana cognac bitch!