Grilled Watermelon?

Is this worth trying?
What does it taste like?
Does it make a good substitute for anything?

>ew
>eww
>EWW

do americans really eat this?

Hipster Americans do.

can i try it without being a hipster since i like watermelon so much

Aren't the grill lines just burnt sugar?

If it works for pineapple I don't see why it wouldn't for watermelon

I'se luvs watermelyon anyhoo you'se wants tuh surv it! Oh dat 'er watermelyon!

>If it works for pineapple I don't see why it wouldn't for watermelon
That is a pretty good point

No it's burnt water

how is grilling fruits a hipster thing?

I'm angry, but I'm a little curious.

Because it's new to that retard so they're scared of it

sure you can tyrone

yeah but do it on a proper grill. serve with a mixed green salad with feta and balsamic vinaigrette

pretty good and good for you

How do you want your melon?

i have heard it apparently makes a substitute for meat because grilled watermelon has similar texture to meat

i dont know how true that is and ive never tried it, nor do i plan on it, but my vegetarian friend does it a lot because she says its the closest thing texture to meat

It's delicious.

This guy gets it. I'd also try a slice plain.

She has completely forgotten what meat is like. Tell her to try it again.

Literally why would you do this...watermelon is delicious as is, this is utterly pointless

She's full of fucking shit and needs to try grilled tempeh.

>grilled water melon

jesus christ

WTF

STUPIDS

Watermelon is the best fruit but there is always room for improvement. Or sometimes you just want to have something a little bit different.

>being this close-minded

I'd certainly try it, what's the worst that could fucking happen?

How have I never tried this?

I have put pretty much everything else on the grill at least once.

Invite hated Neighbors... Say sorry...invisible Hot sauce...

I am going to hell.

vegetarian here
i have no idea why other vegetarians want meat substitutes. i like pizza, pasta, cereal, so on.. cant stand meat stand-ins. If i wanted that, id eat meat. Meat smells like farts to me, and meat substitutes taste like farts and the texture is pretty alien to anything else i eat in a bad way.

Wat

What's the name of that video of the hipster grilling and spouting some bullshit about flavour profiles and shit

No idea about grilling it, but try adding a little bit of salt to the watermelon.

because even a toddler knows it's improper to subject food made out of 95% water and sugar to a fucking flame. the flesh just melt, and the grilled part is pure cancer that doesn't taste good with the sweetness at all. This is is spread by hipster that love hurting each other in public to make a "statement", and heavy smokers with no taste buds.

Just tried this after seeing this thread.
It's pretty good.

I don't eat it very often, but I love a little salt on watermelon. Have you tried it with apple cider vinegar? I love that too.

sounds okay.

reminds me of that episode of kitchen nightmares where the dude made grilled lettuce

this Also this guy gets pegged by his wife when she's not at her boyfriend's house

just add a pinch of salt and grill them, its p great- sweet cool insides, hot savory outside, good eats manq

It isn't really like meat. It pretty much tastes like a winter squash, which makes sense because they're related. People just get weirded out by the novelty of it. I don't think anyone would give a fuck if you grilled a butternut squash.

Seems neat. Will try in watermelon season

It's a waste of butternut squash because you can make such a good soup from it.