I love grilling but don't care for most of what I grill

I have grilled so much stuff for people on multiple occasions and got so many compliments. it's just I don't know why I love to grill but hate the food. well, I don't like steak and grilled chicken. is there something wrong with me?

Try grilling fish and veggies?

I have grilled bacon wrapped lobster meat, I guess it was okay.

Hot dogs and hamburgers, brah.

that's the worst bruh

OP here. I just love grilling because it's a different experience every time I grill. BTW charcoal grilling is the best way to grill. fuck hank hill and his propane.

fish is best deep fried with shore lunch

fucking kek m8

I feel this way when I smoke on my Weber kettle. I get really excited about smoking and then just get blackout drunk during the cook and only eat a little because I'm not hungry. Leftovers for the next few days are amazing though.

grilling is too savage for veggies.

watya smoke on a webber?

op here. lmfao!!

Yeah, brah. Just set it up for indirect.

>bacon wrapped lobster meat
America was a mistake. Here's a tip for ya, free of charge, stop wrapping everything you eat in bacon and it will instantly magically taste better!

just for you!

kek

fuck off, mudslime. maybe if you tasted some, your problems would melt away just like bacon grease does in your mouth.

nah, i work in kitchens and as a result im very good with seafood, but i cant stand the stuff (probably cause its all i ate as a kid)

>is there something wrong with me?

the fact that you're posting on this website kind of obviates that there is something wrong with you, but I digress...

What is your favorite food or favorite dish? Whatever it is, challenge yourself to make your favorite food using your grill. Cooking food that is not usually grilled over a charcoal fire is an easy way to try something new, and if it works out, you'll impress some people (or at least yourself).

If you like hamburgers, try making your own dough for hamburger buns and then cooking the buns on the grill. You'll have to have good control of your fire temperature, and a keen sense of timing, but cooking bread over an actual fire is a great experience.

I've made shepherd's pie, all kinds of stir fry, tandoori style meats, pizza, and all kinds of food on the grill. The challenge of getting the fire just right, and then modifying the cooking process for a charcoal fire keeps things interesting for me.

>pizza on the grill

how the fuck is this done?. I've seen a label on (Jacks pizza?) I believe, and it says "great for grilling".

You are some special kind of faggot.

They sell these beauties in my city. I love living near the border.

People could be lying to you to spare your feelings, idk what kind of multiple groups of people you hang out with, but maybe you should focus on making food you like to eat and other people will like it too.

put baking stone
put grill hot
put pizza

Hank was literally a shill.

Yeah, I've had similar experiences. For me, I think it's the long exposure to the smoke. It desensitizes me. Also, the more alcohol that I consume, the more put-off I am of the final product.
A similar thing happens at Thanksgiving. Everyone comes to my house, but after days of making all of the components with the traditional Thanksgiving blend of aromatics, I'm pretty bored with the meal that results. With grilling, the smells from the smoke are so intense that I get that same effect in an hour or so.
I've had success liking my grilled food by doing these things:
1) Limit exposure to the smoke as much as possible
2) Limit alcohol consumption to 2 beers or less until eating. When I smoke meats, I don't drink at all. If I really want to drink, I make sure the meal is something that cooks fast, like burgers and dogs.
3) Ensure that there are plenty of foods that aren't grilled. It's easy to go overboard with grilled bread, veggies, etc., but I think that having sides that aren't grilled accentuates the parts of the meal that are grilled. Fresh salads, chips and salsa, and fruits all help to contrast the smokiness.

I eat a lot less meat now and was worried I wouldn't like grilling this summer. Then I realized how fucking good grilled Veggie quesadillas would be--grill the vegetables, let cool, dice, build quesadilla and then grill. The grilled tortillas taste great and play off the grilled veggies real well. Also grill some tomatoes and onions and peppers and then blend for a smokey charred salsa.

Pic related. Not the most photogenic food but goddamn it was so good

madskies?

I will drink 10 beers & eat 10 lbs of grilled asparagus then turn around and proceed to punch you in your well-done steak-filled mouth so as to knock your jaw out of alignment and make it uncomfortable to chew for at least a month just for uttering such blasphemy... If you can't handle some fucking grilled veggies you can keep your mouth shut and your shirt on because you are not invited to my pool party bbq with an attitude like that.

can asparagus is tasty and quick to make

> eat 10 lbs of asparagus
prove it

I'd like to see you drink 10 beers and throw an accurate punch

kek m8 !!!

I bought a $3,000 smoker and grill for my apartment. The landlord won't let me use it anymore because people were complaining about the smoke upstairs. I didn't like the soot it left all over the place either in retrospect I think it might've been an outdoor model.

(You) are just asking for trouble...

You want to see my pee, motherfucker?

M8 I'm a seasoned fun-haver. I can easily put ten beers back and still get in a heated argument with my friend, punch him and strain our friendship don't test me I do this shit for fun..

You're fucking stupid but I'd still be your friend.

>drinks 10 beers on a regular basis
>is capable of consuming 10 pounds of the most disgusting vegetable on earth
>trying to be this tough on Veeky Forums

>I'm a seasoned fun haver

>uhh. yeah!
>uhhhh... Yeah!!! (Pussayy!)
>I'm not really THAT tough

they pretty much let every little bitch on this board anymore -- I mean you're here posting, right?!

You tryin' to have a bit of fun with me, m8??

/b/ is that way, sir

I'll knock you out, cuck.

not sure if heavily inebriated, or genuinely autistic.

>it's just I don't know why I love to grill but hate the food. well, I don't like steak and grilled chicken. is there something wrong with me?
This is that same syndrome where the cook smells food the entire time it is cooking. The Thanksgiving cook sometimes isn't hungry by the time dinner rolls around.

I suggest you get out of the box of grilling what other people want to eat. Are you grilling good cuts? Is it on the bone? Is it marinaded? Are you doing global foods? Are you adding smoke/smoke box with chips?

Some of my favorites: skirt steak with chimmichurri, and the steak is as good as the sides I have waiting with it, from the fried cheese, marinated slaw, red beans and rice, plantains.
When I grill steak, it's thick ribeyes bone-in, ny strips, and it's rubbed. It's not thin tough cuts. I have tried marinades all my life, and yes simple is good, but when you can light a gas grill daily, you can also use flavor too. Try the peter luger steak sauce marinade. Buy the Lizano or pickapeppa sauces for variety. Or marinate some onions or portabellos in balsamic and olive oil, bit of rosemary, grill those, and have those on top. I almost always toast some fresh garlic bread in the last minutes. I might serve my steak in it like a sandwich with those grilled onions. I might grill thick slabs of veggies like eggplant, zucchini, peppers and such, and chop those into a pasta or cold salad the next day.

I love to smoke a pork loin roast, whether jerk rubbed, or basic BBQ flavors. It'll be stuffed with holes of garlic. I love thick chops on the bone, low and slow til fall apart tender. Sausages can get blistered and awesome. But, they are improved by the sides I do in the kitchen. Chicken is probably my least often grilled item, but hot wings are awesome when you reheat them on the grill with a brush of worchestershire, coarse salt and garlic butter.

BWAHHH!!

>disappointed Texas sigh

kek

kys
Oh wait your carcinogens are doing just that

you sound like a jealous hank hill.