"I love animals"

"I love animals"
"I love my dog"
"I love my cat"
- spoken by those who regularly eat slaughtered cows, pigs, chickens, deer, fish, etc.

How can you love "animals" yet be okay with eating them and the way they came to be nicely packaged at your grocery store? Is this not cognitive dissonance (a mental disorder)?

I'm not trying to make this a Vegan/Vegetarian thread because I myself have ate meat (but am trying not to) but I suddenly realized today how fucked up it really is that I can be totally fine with eating a hamburger/hotdog as I pet my dog or give her a bite. :/

cause I love how they taste

/thread

/thread

i dont love animals
i love animals that belong to me or that im very familiar with
otherwise i dont care

I feel you OP. I remember being 14 once. When all the troubles and contradictions of the world become so apparent. You'll learn to get used to it and eat your sausage with glee.

I fucking hate vegans/vegetarians who try to be morally superior as though animals are equal or imply people want animals to suffer.

Not only that but they refuse to recognize the usage of animals in literally every product in their every day lives.

I don't like animals though

Pets are annoying

what if they live innawoods

I like animals for what role I intend for them
I like wild animals because they are mysterious and intriguing
I like pets because they are cuddly and cute
I like livestock because they are delicious and filling

the dirty little lie behind veganism is that when say animal lives matter they also whisper humans dont
Veganism doesnt only advocate for animal rights but it advocates for animals life at the expense of human suffering
and i dont mean cutting down burgers, i mean the thousands of people in impobrished countries who suffer job loss because of this and have to see their children starve to death

Doggo is man's best friend. Cats and every other animal can get fucked.

So it's okay for wild animals to eat other animals but not us?

because they're super tasty and i can compartmentalize the difference between eating my friend that is of a species that my society has deemed to be not food vs an animal i've never met that same society has deemed ok.

but you either knew this already or are a sperg. either way, thread hidden

how many people regularly eat meat without any seasoning. If you really liked how they tasted, there wouldn't be a multimillion dollar seasoning market dedicated just to meat

because the advantage of meat is that it can be prepared in a thousand different ways
but what do you know? all you eat is french fries

Why do you let your society do all your thinking for you.

Once you accept that people are flawed and make decisions based on their emotions more so than logic you won't feel so bad. You can not want to eat you pet which you feel emotionally attached to, but not still enjoy eating a patty from a cow you have no relationship with. Hell think about all the people you care less about because you have no relationship with them. This is how people operate and it is ok.

>I love animals
>no you CANNOT fuck a dog you will be socially ostracized
>I don't eat or wear their skin or use their guts like vegans do, but yet my love for animals is considered wrong while they gleefully eat their flesh

Really, you get to slaughter and consume cow flesh but if I want to have a consensual loving relationship with a pomeranian suddenly I'M the BAD GUY?!

This world has seriously lost its way, but hypocrites are nothing new.

>consensual

jokes on you i hate animals

and dogs are especially smelly and gross

I've eaten dog and cat in my travels, also horse like twice a week. fight me.

Salt and pepper is my most common seasoning. On most things. Butter on steak, for that whole cow taste.

I will eat any animal as long as its either raised properly for slaughter, and is humanely killed, or is hunted, and not made to suffer at its death.

I dont care what animal it is. You can farm, and slaughter cats for all I care. They make great fur skins.

>b-but you're killing cute kitties!
So? You dont think bunnies are cute and wobbly? People eat rabbit all the fucking time.

You know what fucking stupid. useless animal we should all eat that's very easy to domesticate, and require less resources than cows?

horses.
fucking horses. Dumb as shit submissive animals that serve very little purpose today in the modern world. they taste good, lean, easy to raise, and are fucking so stupid that only dumb horse lovers would object. srslt, even been on a horse farm? I've seen smarter chickens.

I never formed an emotional attachment to the pig whose meat I'm eating at the store

Humans feel patronizing feelings towards animals like cats, dogs, and horses because those animals were very helpful (thus eating them would be detrimental to survival).

I'd eat dog meat if it was offered to me

Because why not?

Are horses dumber than cows?

Much.

I mean you can train and ride a horse, you cant do that with a cow, but that's not to be determine an animals level of intelligence. Horses are fucking stupid, and will run off a cliff. They will kick their own owners, and kill them, and stand in direct threat of dangers.

Cows wont cross certain type of terrain because they know their hoofs will get stuck, avoid danger, make excellent pets, and can be easily herded

>Is this not cognitive dissonance (a mental disorder)?

No, not even remotely.

that dog has the same eyes as that girl who got turned into a chimera in FMA

Adam Johnston?

your dog eats meat and doesn't have a aneurysm when he licks your face

"I love animals"

-spoken by those who hate Donald Trump, who is also an animal (i.e. homo sapiens)

really gets the noodle juices a-pumpin'

>Having a consensual relationship.
>With someone who cannot be verbally understood in a meaningful sense.

I love animals, I also love hunting and killing them myself. What does that say about me?

the best part isn't being a faggot, it's letting everyone online know you are

I objectively don't care about cows, pigs, chickens, deer or fish.

the problem with vegans/vegetarians is they go on and on about animals is wrong but they eat foods that (almost) taste like the meat they are trying to not get you to eat.

like a anti rape capaigner making rape jokes.

this exactly. I get not eating meat for dietary reasons. but when you claim to be a vegetarian, or vegan, but use imitation leather, or food that are made ton look like they are made from meat, you are only driving up the consumption for meat.

like lesbians talking shit on men, but using penis like dildos.

Clueless. :)

What if we eat dogs and cats too?

Why do you think loving animals and eating meat are mutually exclusive?

I love trees. I think they're beautiful and they make being outside a much more pleasant experience. That said I'm sitting down in front of a fire in a wooden house with my feet on a wooden coffee table.

Did you hear about that study that was cancelled?
Listen to this.
*Pulls mic closer*
So there was this dolphin study, right?
There was this dolphin who wouldn't do the study because he was too horny.
Pull it up, Jaime.
So, to calm the dolphin, this chick, a biologist, would jerk him off.
She'd make him cum then he'd do the study.
He'd even come over to her to get jacked off.
When they found that out, they closed the study.
Shit, look at that, look at that fucker.
That gorilla must weigh 400 pounds.
It'll rip your balls off.

They're trying to get you to not eat meat because meat comes from dead animals.

lul

>le ebin 'seasonings gotcha' meme

SALT IS CARNIST PROPAGANDA, EAT YOUR TOFU PLAIN

I guess you must not eat legumes
Or cooked foods in general

>There was this dolphin who wouldn't do the study because he was too horny.

kek

It's called hypocrisy... If you say you love animals but then pay other people to torture them for you behind closed doors... You're the worst kind of hypocrite and should kill yourself

Who REALLY enjoys any food without proper seasoning? We eat fruits ad vegetables but how often are you jonesing for boiled spinach?

I love my cat - and I love eating livestock. They are there for a purpose. To be eaten. What is important to me is that they are treated during life and killed in a humane way. The fact that most inexpensive meat is not but it will. It won't change by me not eating meat. It won't change by you not eating meat. There is no religious law that dictates that I should not eat meat and there is no civil law about the same. The idea of not eating meat has a basis in evolution in which all animals - including humans - are the same but at different points on the evolutionary timeline.

If you believe that animals should not be eaten then you should likewise believe that black people are "less evolved" than white people and therefore good for the overall population to eradicate them and maintain only the superior - "more evolved" - race.

not all animals are equals. the same way all people arent equal

>here is no religious law that dictates that I should not eat meat
ughhhhhhh

What a valid, well thought out, well reasoned response.

I really don't think that's how evolution works.

>There is no religious law that dictates that I should not eat meat

Jews can't eat any meat that isn't kosher and Muslims can't eat any meat that isn't halal.

Cats and dogs are different from pigs and cows. Cats and dogs are raised to be companions to humans because they are useful for hunting and pest control. Pigs and cows are raised to be livestock to humans because that is what they are good for. Domesticated cats and dogs can go out in the wild and they'd go feral, but they'd continue to perpetuate. It's why we have such a horrible feral cat/dog problem. Domesticated cows and pigs on the other hand would suffer from mass extinction within the decade. They cannot survive in the wild, their sole purpose in life is to be consumed - Whether that be by humans or other animals.

I agree OP, that's why I'm now only going to get my milk from beautiful pale women with big full bosoms, feed me mummy :3

There are social contracts with dogs and cats in the west. There's no social contract with pigs or cows. They're more items than beings.

I have a dog and like animals but I also ate dog, duck, beef and other animals. As long as it's not my dog and raised to be eaten I eat it. The animals may get sick from us

Because plant protein is completely inferior to animal protein due to amino acids. A healthy, long life requires a diet rich in saturated fats and animal protein.

this

Then let them go extinct.

Actually, all breeds of domestic pig will go completely feral in the wild. Usually only takes a few months, too. They adapt insanely quickly.

In fact, the southeastern US has huge problems with it. The feral pigs aren't afraid of people or other livestock and will pretty much try to kill and eat anything.

The thing OP, is that I would also eat a dog and or a cat.
The thing is not eating them or not, is giving them an adequate or "human" death to those we're eating, since we're humans and we understand better the world and its laws.

I only love carnivores, I find them to be the only animals capable of a level of interaction that even leads to me connecting with them at all. Pigs do seem kind of smart but fuck 'em.

>putting (((spices))) on meat

Move to Canada

I'd guess horses are too lean.

Cognitive dissonance is not a mental disorder, though the wikipedia page you read may make you think so.

This is why I don't give my love to anything, just in case I have to eat it.

fuck off cunt, I'd eat dogs and cats if it were legal. Already killed and eaten my own rabbits before.

>fuck off cunt,

wow, those rabbits got to see what a rude faggot looks like on the inside. Lucky them!

The assumption that animals are without rights and the illusion that our treatment of them has no moral significance is a positively outrageous example of Western crudity and barbarity.
Universal compassion is the only guarantee of morality.

I can also love my family while regularly doing nothing about fellow homo sapiens dying of disease, famine, crime etc.

Cognitive dissonance is nothing new, fuckboy.

W O K E

Seasoning complements food not overpowers it you plant eating lunatic.

>being an absolutist
I love my dog yet I've eaten dog when I was in Vietnam

>but if I want to have a consensual loving relationship with a pomeranian suddenly I'M the BAD GUY?!
not in my country

So you eat your beans, rice, tofu and veg plain, yes?

>Is this not cognitive dissonance (a mental disorder)?
You seem to have mental disorder. Pigs ate human flesh after a war, so shouldn't we eat pigs too then? Shove your "muh morality" bullshit up your ass, turbo austist.

We can care deeply - selflessly - about those we know, but that empathy rarely extends beyond our line of sight.

Why can't you love animals and love eating them?
Doesn't this just make animals very versatile creatures? Good for companionship and eats?

>how many people regularly eat meat without any seasoning
Tbh I don't regularly eat any cooked food without seasoning it

I've never been in the same social circles as vegetarians or vegans;

Just how broken of a person do you have to be to become one?

Silly vegan.

Dogs have been domesticated since ancient times to be our lovable companions. To the point where we directly effect their physical and mental states and how they respond to stimulus.

Pigs are animals we had since ancient times and domesticated it to be eaten. We altered it's genetics immensely to have the biggest/tastiest/fastest growing animal for human consumption.

They both have different functions and in the end are tools for human use, weather that use us to be loved or to be eaten.

>skin
>candies and confectionery

In which candy do they use cow skin?

Except the best and highest class piece of meat, the tenderloin, is mostly eaten with little to no seasoning.

[citation needed]

Vegetarians vary widely. Most of them are cool, at least in my experience. Some are awful. Vegans are universally bad, although I'm not sure "broken" is the word I'd use. More like "morally confused with a strong yet uninformed sense of justice with just a dash or forty of laziness."

>>our treatment of them reflects our motives and intentions: food, sadism, companionship

okay I can see that go o-

>>animals have rights
>>universal blah blah blah

please stop eating this shit up

I think you replied to the wrong person there, senpai.

Yeah what can I say I'm a dirty phone-poster.

Same reason I can say I love people but sit idly by while innocent people die. Just because I love some individuals doesn't mean I love everyone. Most animal lives are worthless.

dont worry i eat dogs and cats too. The cat meat is really fucking lean and a nightmare to prepare. So i really eat pork main. dog is also weird and somewhat lean on average.

gelatin in wine gums and jellies. As a binder in confectionary fillings. It's put in licorice. etc.

And I love vegans because they are angsty, passive agressive and always have this err of confusion that is expressed something along the lines of "I don't get it how can you kill and eat one animal but not another" like its some sort of impossible feat to distinguish one species from another.

I don't get this argument. "Wild animals" don't have our capabilities to think, reason, and adapt. We have the tools, the context and most importantly the ressources to live without resorting to slaughter endlessly. "Wild animals" are doing it for survival. We're doing it because... why exactly ?

This.

>Being cruel to animals is immoral, and shows how barbaric western culture is.

Fixed your verbose bullshit for you. Try not to write like a 15 year old with a thesaurus plug in, dummy.