How does one make hibaichi rice at home without paying $15+ a plate?

How does one make hibaichi rice at home without paying $15+ a plate?

It's just fried rice...

Some hibachi chef once told me the secret ingredient is diet coke

you mean msg

All food is $15 a person.
Go buy stuff to make burgers and tell me how it goes.

I'm not defending this, I'm just being honest. It's becoming near impossible to pay for one meal a day in the US.

Lmfao maybe in hawaii. I can get everything for 4 quarter pounders for less than $15.

*if you don't live near fast food
My bad I forgot 3/4 of you can probably walk to McDonalds, because I can't.

Funny cause they call it "japanese cola" at my local places. Starting to add up now that you mention it...

I can't and I don't have food taxes here.
It would cost me $15, maybe more, for 4 med burgers with cheese, lettuce and tomato.
In west virginia.
I would have some stuff left over but it would cost every bit of $15 because the one grocery store here charges whatever the fuck they want.

Burger $4/1lb
Lettuce $2.50/head
Cheese $3/ 1/2 lb (6-7 slices)
Tomato $1.50/2 medium
Buns $3.50/8

3.99 for 1lb of 73% beef. A dollar for buns.
Wala

Guy asks for burger you all that random shit to dress it up. You were at 7.50 before you went all richy Rick on us.

It's just vegetables. You wouldn't bother if your only option was unseasoned ground beef and bread. No one would.

Dude a head of lettuce where I'm from (CO) is 39ยข, I can usually get good deals and eat full meals for ~$2 a day... either you're doing something wrong or your stte is fucked up.

I'm going to Denver soon for some reason, got any hot tips on where to go for a good burger?

Sorry bro i live an hour north, Finleys Pub is good though if you ever happen to stop by Fort Collins, Big Al's is a must.

You guys don't move around much out there? Interesting.

Nah it's just me, hate wasting gas when I'm the only one who wants to go out.

To redeem my post All you need is a wok, a flat-top hibachi stove is optimal, just dust the rice to your taste or emulate one you've even at a restaurant.

Denver is actually about the same population density as my city so I might be able to wing it.

You definitely will, there's no shortage of good places to eat (incl. burg joints) because of all the skiiers (premium isn't crazy either).

So how is your state on mexicans? If I want a burrito should I expect a white person to make it or do you have enough "latinos" to run the burrito places?

I used to live in Denver, and there's plenty of Mexicans there. Los Carboncitos, Taqueria Emmanuel, El Taco de Mexico, and Taco Mex all have good, cheap Mexican food. Tacos Acapulco in Aurora have pupasas, and they're fucking great. There's Tacos Rapidos and Chubby's if you want that drive thru burrito experience. If you go down to Federal, there's a bunch of great Vietnamese places. If you're feeling a Banh Mi, I recommend Ba Le, Baker's Palace, or Vinh Xuong. If you go to Vinh Xuong, make sure you go to the original one in the Asian shopping center, and not the new standalone location run by their son. As for burgers, Good Times is pretty good for a fast food chain, and they have good frozen custard.

2.50 a head for lettuce? Where was it grown? The MOON!

>Vietnamese
I'm good. We got you beat on that one.
Thanks for the tips.

They literally make it in front of you.

Say that to my face.

No problem. I only lived in Denver for a year, but I spent most of that time eating.

If you make it at home it will be easy to not spend 15$ a plate. You make rice, cool it, fry it in melted butter. Throw your knife in the air and catch it, and rattle it on the stove like, "ting, ta-ting , ting" also , that seems to help

Haha are you kidding? You can make tons of soups and stews for under $1 per serving.

t. used to be very frugal

Lol

day old rice, and lets of oil .