Does 5-HTP work for depression?

Does 5-HTP work for depression?
>inb4 invested in shitcoins

Attached: 5htp.jpg (474x474, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newmind.com/ppap-1-0-g.html
lowcarbcabana.com/product/5-htp-50-mg-numedica/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

sometimes i take it at night and the next day im usually in a better mood than normal

Destroys libido

So why don't you take it everyday

That's good.

Stimulant use works for me.

t. ate shitloads of adrafinil Armodafinil and amphetamine

Works for me too desu. I take Concerta.
BUT I'd like to be maniac.

I take anywhere from 50-100 mg 5-htp and have every night for 10 years. It’s my original go-to for depression. Over the years I’ve added SAM-e and St. John’s Wort but the mix works well. I also take Concerta for ADHD but that’s a new addition.

Let's all be broken machines together anons. :^)

Attached: neir-automata-boss3[1].jpg (800x600, 76K)

Caffeine too. Caffeine does wonders for me.

nothing works for depression, except perhaps suicide

Works great after a night of doing a bunch of ecstasy.

That's what a depressed person would say.

This is all I've ever used it for and it definitely takes the edge off the recovery period.

Start with kelp. you may have very low iodine levels. Most Americans have dismal iodine and chromium levels. Take a multivitamin and walk a little each day. Sweat out your toxins.

well, nothing has worked for me and I've tried absolutely everything

just do some exercise, you lazy foggort

this.

comedown cure

Nothing which is more useful than breathing exercises is available without prescription.
And if you actually have depression it shouldn't be too hard to get one, for benzos or whatever.

You remember that one post on /b/? "When you're suicidal the world is your oyster"?

I've always been down on my luck but I simply can't kill myself. One of my best internet buddies brained himself half a decade ago and I promised I would never off myself. You know, one of those stupid promises you hold dear for no reason.

I lived my life a little more freely. I started casually using drugs to enhance myself. I've been more extroverted. I even sold drugs for a while because I was bored. I dumped money into crypto months back and although I might lose all my money I have hope that I'll have a ridiculous moonshot one day.

Yeah, just live life more freely. It doesn't matter when you're already suicidal. Life is really fun. I really love shooting but I live in a liberal part of the US. I'll get a gun license one day and I'll shoot steel, not myself.

bait unrelated some trap from /k/

Attached: 835498932.jpg (575x766, 123K)

Can confirm, beats Molly into submission with its cock when she gets bitchy and it's time for her to go in the morning.
Just don't take it less than 24 hours before hand or you'll just amplify the imbalance afterward. Take it the week leading up to your "rave" (or whatever you fucking kids call it these days) but skip the day of to maximize the therapeutic anti suicide Tuesdays effect.

Attached: 1521076456796.jpg (960x960, 175K)

been taking it for 2 months, there have been no changes in my libido whatsoever
the main change I got: very vivid dreams, aside of that, subtle comfy feels
all in all its breddy gud, would recommend

It makes me goofy at 100mg a day. A week in and I become paranoid, sleepless, unable to focus. Would rather be depressed.

Few pints is much better.

It doesn't. It also greatly fucks up mood.

Fuck no take an actual medication like tianeptine or welbutrin

that shit doesn't work any better than a placebo. It's an outright scam.

Honestly most cases of depression could probably be helped with a placebo. Considering it is rarely a n actual chemical imbalance.

Every antidepressant from every family?

yes pretty much, as well as some illegal drugs that studies have said are useful for treating depression like magic mushrooms.

I read recently that ketamine is useful for treating "treatment resistant" depression. Like even one dose can permanently cure you. I keep meaning to order some off the dark web. gotta put that on my to-do list.

try NAC

lel what? They’re backed by actual studies

selective studies done by drug manufacturers. other studies found that they are no better than placebos or at best only slightly more effective.

unfortunately the solutions to neurotransmitter linked disorders are a little more complex than just "eat more neurotransmitters" user

>food supplements
They usually work only for producer of this shit silly goy
Maybe antidepressants are inefficient because your depression is just a side-effect of other illness. Fucked up hormones, metabolism or something.

idk shit legit hurts my heart when i take it though

I take 5-htp before bed sometimes. I've noticed that I seem to need less sleep and pop out of bed. Also, it gives me morning wood again and I feel like my wiener hangs lower all day.

Attached: right on.gif (252x163, 3.26M)

God tier supps
- caffeine
- modafinil
- ephedrine
- L-Theanine
- phenibut

Looking into trying
- tianeptine
- nicotine (e-juice dropped onto skin)

Anyone have any more suggestions?

Why not just take modafinil?
>St. John’s Wort
doesn't this destroy your eyes?

Amphetamine.

tianeptine is highly addictive and definitely not placebo lmao

I like afinils but they don't do anything for me besides keep me awake. Now my mainstay is amphetamine. Much better for ADHD.

Inositol and Choline does wonders. Try em OP
5-HTP is decent too but the potential side effects (confirmed or not) scared me a little.

It won’t help with depression on its own. Should you take the advice of others and take amps, then the 5-htp would help neuroprotect against damage.

any particular prescription/type of amphetamine?

Tianeptine does work, not placebo at ALL.
Gave me immensely comfy feelings however it is addictive. Use sparingly.

I've heard people get crazy ass nightmares from this. Careful, anons.

SJW fucked with my skin hella bad. I'm a ginger and it made my skin look like I had a bad sunburn. Quit taking. I've read that it gave some people permanent black spots on their skin.

Dex

Oh. I meant tianeptine for the nightmares.

Doesn't really matter. Dexedrine, racemic, adderall, they all work.

Can I get any amphetamines legally on the Internet? I've never looked into this.

lol after looking around for a hot second it appears that no, they're rx-only or I have to buy from a nog on the street corner

oh well

Don’t go straight into amps, Satan. Do you have liver issues? If not, try addrafinil first. It did everything I wanted without the Amppy stuff. Also not addictive.

You can get analogs of amphetamines that are grey legal area in the US or similar research chemicals. This one is particularly worth pursuing, it may have a better safety profile than common stimulants:
newmind.com/ppap-1-0-g.html

I bought it for shits and giggles since it looked interesting. It vaguely shares many of the same effects of amphetamine it feels a bit dirtier. I stacked it with my adderall once and it does boost the effects of other stims.

It's cheaper if you buy 2x 1g, pay with crypto and use a discount code.

Nothing has the same safety profile as amphetamine though. The US has been using different types of drugs for a hundred years and we still come back to amphetamine.

Adrafinil rarely causes liver issues. Really common FUD.

>addrafinil
why not just use modafinil?

5-HTP has nasty side effects for me

My sleep becomes way too heavy and the happiness feels fake as fuck

Because adrafinil is an analog that needs no prescription in the USA. It’s easy to buy on the information superhighway.

how can happiness feel fake? please elaborate.

google 5htp mood swings

5 HTP does not really work, use tianeptine sulphate, nsi 189 or ketamine.

brainlet here, what's the difference between this and cymbalta

No try vitamin d as a start. You'll get some lucid dreams with 5htp but won't help with depression

Eh it kinda numbs you emotionally for like a week and then just gives you stomach trouble and heart palpitations. Tbh excercise and sleep hygiene work wonders. If you don't have the motivation for excercise start with sleep hygiene. Get blue light filtering glasses and use them one the sun sets. Take zma and tryptophan a few hours before sleep. If you can get melatonin where you are 3mg will work well. You may think you sleep well but if you are depressed you may never truly hit rem sleep often enough. Sleep is our reset and time to process the shit life throws at us. Without it mental clutter builds up and we break.

Also your seeming propensity to automatically jump to amps is indicative of self destructive drive. Don't poison yourself while you are down it will kill you in the long run. Withdrawing will make you a suicidal bitch. You can't stay on them forever.

>putting Jewish chemicals in your body to sedate you

Crunch it up and snort it for instant happiness, but only do it a few times or it will only create depression

Ashwagandha my nigga or just use magic mushrooms.

Yes, 5 HTP is awesome, but treat yourself to the good stuff user...
lowcarbcabana.com/product/5-htp-50-mg-numedica/

no. Try drinking St. John’s Wort . This shit reverses my mood in a few days from complete apathy into an almost manic-like state. Doesn't last very long though, even if you keep taking it.

Yeah just don't take too many - I took like 8 of these bad boys after a week in ibiza when I had to start a new job in Germany the next day, gave myself serotonin syndrome, was sweating vomiting and passing out.

They're good and do lift your mood, they probably would work with the typical 'depression' everyone nowadays claims they have, actual clinical depression probably not so much

works on me, works on my friends but we agree it might be placebo

5-HTP plus the holy trininity of vitamins BLASTS depression
>B3 (niacin)
>C
>D3
Niacin is a gift from God.

Attached: sminem_lamboland.jpg (839x1068, 646K)

Citalopram (brand names: Celexa, Cipramil and others)

You won't look back.

This is seriously the limitless feeling

>Withdrawing will make you a suicidal bitch
Amp itself does not cause any distinctive withdrawal symptoms. The most you get is lethargy for a few days.

stop echoing FUD :^)

Enjoy your cardiac fibrosis.

all you need OP, don't take any other crap

Attached: 61cf6245efadfbd6773e22a5e28c64e6.png (1189x675, 801K)

Worked fucking wonders for me the first 2 months, Life was paradise, effect was so strong that i started taking 100mg every 2 days. I saw the positive side in every situation, had infinite amount of enthusiasm, everything was fucking amazing (eaven the colore seemed more sarurated).
After 2 months effects disappeared. 1yr later i take it maybe 3-4 times a month and it kinda works but if i take it regularly the effects disappear