Dragonfruit

I've never eaten a dragonfruit and I would like to hear the opinion of you guys before trying it. Is it good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=57xVmaFv5BI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's slightly sweet and slightly tart. It's like a very mild kiwi. It just looks and sounds cool.

White/purple ones taste like a pretty mild, huge kiwi

yellow is completely unique, try it if you're looking for something new

Alright, thanks for the info. I think I might like it.

It's basically just mild kiwi.

Nice, but you only really eat them for the novelty.

Imagine a bland kiwi

>kiwi
really?i never tried the real fruit, but there are a few bevarages flavoured as "dragon fruit". which i adore.they never tasted like kiwi to me.

are the kikes making them lying me that much?

the yellow ones are smaller with more concentrated flavor

youtube.com/watch?v=57xVmaFv5BI

Same here user. Drinks i've had just taste like generic "berry" flavor.

kiwi fruit tastes very different from the artificial flavoring. Its as differens as between artificial grape and real grape.

real kiwi is pretty much goat but lots of mess.

Tried one once and unless I had a tree growing one out back, I wouldn't buy another one. Nothing particularly bad about it but nothing special.. mealy, quite bland and little juiciness you expect from a fruit.

are they expensive?
i had one at my dad's and the bland kiwi thing is basically accurate .. but i think they'd make decent juice

they're one of the most expensive fruits you can buy

They're bland as fuck, just buy a Kiwi.

It's good. If you can find them for a reasonable price I see no reason not to eat them.
I don't remember them tasting like kiwi, more like a mild pear iirc. The taste certainly isn't as unique as the fruit looks, if you're hoping for that. Prickly pear cactus fruits are very good and usually cheap, those remind me of guava, at least in terms of having large seeds. (I mention because dragon fruit also grows from a cactus).

It's the most disappointing fruit. It looks so amazing, but it tastes like nothing. Just fruit-textured water.

>I've never eaten a dragonfruit and I would like to hear the opinion of you guys before trying it. Is it good?
They're very mildly flavored.
They are good for pureeing in a blender when making a tropical punch. Try an agua fresca recipe, bit of sugar and lime added to brighten it up.

This.
If you have ever found these in your yard and tried one they taste pretty much exactly like a giant mock strawberry.

They taste like nothing.

Forgot picture

Great fruit. Eat it chilled its much better.

Exceptionally mild flavor, to the point of being bland. if you want a fruit with real strength get cherimoya, or white zapote.

i've eaten it once, you turn into a dragon confirmed.

Looks neat, but it's not worth the price.

If they were cheap I'd probably eat them more, but they're like 8 bucks a pound or something

These are pretty damn good. Although they're not in season right now IIRC.

Hit the hammer straight on the head.
It's good and looks really cool but the flavour is pretty much slightly sweeter kiwi. Eat it cooled though, stuff gets nasty if it gets warm.

OP get some Cactus figs those things are godtier fruits.

Will the flavour change if you prepare them in some way?