I have this half frozen black angus steak since it was frozen and my apartment had no electricity for the day and I...

I have this half frozen black angus steak since it was frozen and my apartment had no electricity for the day and I have no idea how to approach it. I don't want to freeze it again since I know that will suck. How about I just sear it for 90 seconds on both sides and then finish in the oven? Do you guys have other suggestions? I have apprenticed at a couple of just "O.K." steakhouses and have to admit, I have no clue how to deal with a partly frozen steak.

My idea is that I should sear it now and pop it in the oven.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/shared?ci=cCmP-qmJI88
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Season it and do your idea. Post results.

freezing a steak ruins it so when I freeze a steak I just cube and sear it for soup.

This. Your's is a rare situation where seasoning a steak is a good idea. Go with salt, pepper, savory, paprika and a dash of thyme.

Ummm let it thaw. Jesus is this really that difficult?

Speaking from experience, I know that thawing it completely will ruin it, so I'll just sear it, make a quick mushroom and blue cheese sauce and see what happens. I probably wouldn't need help, but I'm kind of wasted and trying to fix this meat slab as best as I can.

No thawing it will not ruin it, I don't know where you are getting your info but it's bullshit.

Shit's about to go in the jew box

Reported for rascism.

Shit was a bit more done that I would like but it was still pretty dope, thanks guys.

You should always season meat, retard.

go back to Ieddit pussy.

>what's the difference between a jew and a boy scout?
>boy scouts come back from camp.

You crossed the wrong tracks, nigger

>Paprika
>On steak

Y tho

youtube.com/shared?ci=cCmP-qmJI88

Agreed. We don't need that here.

the post is probably still up because this is Veeky Forums

Damn man, that looks pretty good.

>we

What do you mean by that? Do you mean, you shitcunts that came here from reddit in the past two years? Get it through your shitskull, shitbirds! This place is a shitflock of shitfuckers ready to shitfuck the oncoming shitstorms.

Trying too hard to fit in.

I concur

>Frozen black anus
nigga das gay

Looks like you pissed yourself, bud.

Nice sauce. Meat looks a little overcooked to me but, have it your way.

>putting sauce on your steak

I mentioned that I haven't dealt with frozen steak and I did overcook it a bit since I popped it in the oven and then gave it a few minutes in the sauce. I should have just spooned the sauce over.

Never show your power level.

Not OP, but: Um, I have these mini steaks I got from my aunt that are frozen in zippo bags. How do I prepare these so the don't taste awful? Should I thaw them first or not? I've already thawed one over 2 days and then cooked it in a pan with margarine, it tasted like boiled meat. I have used margarine to cook chicken before and it doesn't taste that awful (and yes, I need to buy some butter, I just moved and I had wanted something in tub).

Looks pretty solid there, OP. 8/10 would eat but make slightly rarer. Though it's really up to you.

I kinda want to say the presentation needs work but seeing as you made it for yourself (and I had a poorly presented dinner myself) I really can't complain.